Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 Bolts fire Lawton & Tocchet

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
irvine Posted - 04/13/2010 : 05:11:39
The Tampa Bay Lightning have fired both General Manager Lawton & Head Coach Rick Tocchet yesterday.

Is this the correct move? Should the Bolts have fired both of these guys? Just one of these guys? Or is this just new ownership, using their new 'power' within the organization?

Thoughts, Opinions, Comments... share!

Irvine/prez.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
irvine Posted - 04/13/2010 : 05:20:30
For me, personally, I'm not overly shocked at the firing of both guys. With the Lightning missing the playoffs for the third straight season. Although, both Lawton and Tocchet were not GM & Head Coach during all three seasons, respectively.

I did not notice a ton of movement on behalf of Lawton, during his two year (ish) stint as General Manager of the Bolts, but with that being said I did not see any terrible moves by him either. But perhaps a shakeup and more movement from a GM is what the Bolts need to improve their club, who have some young, developing talent.

Speaking of young, developing talent... I like what Tocchet has done, during his short stint as Head Coach (after being promoted from Associate Coach) during the 08/09 season.

His team has not performed at a winning level, but youngsters Steven Stamkos, Victor Hedberg & even Steve Downie (as much as I dislike Downie) have been developing superb under his leadership.

Perhaps another season for Tocchet, would have been beneficial to the futures of these young players for the Lightning, as they seem to have liked playing (and played well) for Tocchet.

To me personally, I feel this is more of Vinik (New Owner of the Bolts), just fluffing his tail and showing everyone on the Bolts Staff (including players), and the league, that there is a new boss in town.

And to me, it may have come a little too soon.

Irvine/prez.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page