Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Florida
 Should Bertuzzi be traded?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbraiter Posted - 02/20/2007 : 04:58:56
Should bertuzzi get traded?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pucker Posted - 02/21/2007 : 09:55:58
I read this morning that Martin is asking too much for his players including Bertuzzi. Another reason why he should stay behind the bench and focus on coaching. Leave the managing to the managers. Apparantley, Brian Burke was interested in him but the asking price was Corey Perry. I dont think it is that far off, considering what rentals are being rumored to go for, but i guess Perry is an established young NHLer while picks and prospects can turn out to be crap.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:58:23
oh yeah Ruutu

I know Malkin is tall but i mean crazy big guys that will eat you....

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:56:47
The Penguins have a hitter....Jarkko Ruutu. That guy loves to hit, the announcers always make some comment about it, and I've seen him crush tons of players (Jagr in the Olympics comes to mind first)...there are a lot of great examples on YouTube.

Also, Malkin's not that small, he's 6'3", but he doesn't hit a lot.
semin-rules Posted - 02/20/2007 : 13:44:46
quote:
Originally posted by Saku Steen

I think he should be traded, but would anyone really want him?

I think the Penguins really need somebody like him! And fast!!!
They need a hitter because the team is all filled with small fast guys which isn't bad but they need at least one hitter to help with the defence And Bretuzzi can get the job done easily

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
goon Posted - 02/20/2007 : 12:50:21
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

Bertuzzi shouldnt be traded he was one of the best players when he was healthy now he is almost back and i think they should keep him

CANUCKS RULE!!

So if they keep him will they make the playoffs? No! So why keep him. They will lose him in the summer. Or do you think they should sign him long term. Again, another big risk.

Its really easy to say "hes good, keep him" but it would be nice if you took some other factors into account.
Saku Steen Posted - 02/20/2007 : 12:44:26
I think he should be traded, but would anyone really want him?
Canucks Man Posted - 02/20/2007 : 12:23:37
Bertuzzi shouldnt be traded he was one of the best players when he was healthy now he is almost back and i think they should keep him

CANUCKS RULE!!
goon Posted - 02/20/2007 : 11:51:52
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

To me, Florida gave up their franchise player to get him (Luongo). Unless management knows more than we do and Bertuzzi is more injured than he is letting on, I think they should keep him and rest him, and let him come back fresh for next season.

leigh - He is a UFA come July 1 meaning that the Panthers will likely lose him. So being back fresh for next season is not really relevant.

tctitans - I agree with you that if they can swing a 1st rounder they will pull the trigger.
leigh Posted - 02/20/2007 : 11:35:29
To me, Florida gave up their franchise player to get him (Luongo). Unless management knows more than we do and Bertuzzi is more injured than he is letting on, I think they should keep him and rest him, and let him come back fresh for next season.
tctitans Posted - 02/20/2007 : 10:37:20
Yeah, I was a little confused by the 'should' as well...
From Florida's perspective, certainly i'm sure they are trying to trade him.
If they can get some assets guaranteed (high pick + ?) then I would
assume they would pull the trigger...
Ryan Harper Posted - 02/20/2007 : 09:36:53
Should Bertuzzi get traded? Do you mean will he?

He is still hurt so i doubt anyone wants him. If he were in Forsbergs situation where he came back and played 10 or so games and put up some points and showed he was over his injury, then maybe he would be worth a 1st round pick and a prospect.

Detroit has been rumoured to be looking for a big scoring winger to replace Shanahan for the playoffs, but I think Guerin is more desirable.

You never know, stranger things have happened, but i think he will stay in FLA.

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page