Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... New Jersey
 Brodeur Breaks Parent's Record

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 04/06/2007 : 00:03:21
With one game in hand, Brodeur has broken Bernie Parent's 33 year old record of 47 wins in a season with 48. Congratulations Marty!

Buuuuuut...with the OT wins, shootout wins and a longer season, is it really that big of an accomplishment or is it just the new "standard"?

For the record if Luongo wins his last 2 games and Brodeur loses his last one, they will tie with 48 wins each. That would be pretty cool, but it would add to the argument that 48 wins is potentially not really that big of a deal.

Do you guys think that maybe 47 wins might actually be the equivalent to 55 or 60 in today's game???
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PuckNuts Posted - 04/11/2007 : 20:56:15
Some say that the record is tainted, well look into the past, all records are made to be broken, the rules will lend to some players in the future that will break an old record, if that could never happen then why would we keep stats...

Good job Martin...but your record will be 50+ in the next two years...

Bring it on...

There are: People that make things happen, people that watch things happen, and people that wonder what happened, who are you...
willus3 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 18:33:07
quote:
Originally posted by tctitans

there is another thread on this btw..

basically I think it's apples and oranges.

We have overtime and shoot-out wins now, but much more parody. Parent achieve this mark where there were only 2 divisions (West and East) and only 2/8 teams in his divsion (west) were over.500 - Some really bad teams there!!

Not to take anything away from the record, Parent was amazing! I just find it hard comparing records from different era in general... the circumstances are just too different.

You may mean "parity" here, otherwise this sentence takes on a strange meaning.
oil fan97 Posted - 04/06/2007 : 10:28:23
Martin Brodeur congrats on breakin the record!
PainTrain Posted - 04/06/2007 : 07:11:33
Parents record is a lot better than what Marting Brodeur just did but its with the new nhl and there's gonna be more wins for goaltenders.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/06/2007 : 06:10:26
Good job Marty, but you need to remember that Parent had to settle with a tie.
Leafs Rock Planet Posted - 04/06/2007 : 04:23:57
Great job Marty! Though it does help to be the starter in pretty much every game.

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
tctitans Posted - 04/06/2007 : 01:09:39
there is another thread on this btw..

basically I think it's apples and oranges.

We have overtime and shoot-out wins now, but much more parody. Parent achieve this mark where there were only 2 divisions (West and East) and only 2/8 teams in his divsion (west) were over.500 - Some really bad teams there!!

Not to take anything away from the record, Parent was amazing! I just find it hard comparing records from different era in general... the circumstances are just too different.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page