Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Reimer out . . . AAAAAAAAAAHHH !!!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/24/2011 : 07:18:22
James Reimer was injured during the first period of the Montreal game on Sat night, and although he finished the period, he didn't start the second and he will not start against Philly tonight.

Time for Toronto fans to get concerned?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 09:57:06
Hey Folks, leave the personal comments out of your posts please and stay on topic. A point and counterpoint about Luongo have nothing to do with Toronto and James Reimer.
Alex116 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 09:30:45
4240 - "What kind of comment is that?"???

You serious? Okay, lemme take a stab at this...... THAT comment, was my way of pointing out a very flukey goal given up by a very good goalie and asking Slozo if he'd seen it. Rather than start a whole new thread for something that wasn't going to generate more than a comment or two, i chose to add it in a sarcastic reply to Slozo's point about Gustavsson letting in a soft goal. Geez, my apology to ANY and ALL Leaf fans who were / are offended that i put such a post in the "Reimer out..." thread. Maybe i ought to be banned or something? Perhaps check with admin???

The only think more brutal, is your "I'd worry more about your Luongo before I'd call out other goaltenders within this specific post." comment. Lol......I just realized, you're the same clown who called me/us "childish" in another thread. Clearly you just don't get it, and i won't bother wasting any more of my time explaining the obvious to the oblivious.
Guest4240 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 05:39:24
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Huge game and a huge win for Gustavsson tonight. Yes, he gave up a soft first goal.

Really? As soft as the only goal Carey Price let in on the night? Did you see it? BRUTAL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6xoZtXRFuU

What kind of comment is that?
What does your comment have to do with "Reimer out" thread?
I'd worry more about your Luongo before I'd call out other goaltenders within this specific post.
I hope Reimer comes back soon, and is 100% when he does.
He's been awesome.
n/a Posted - 10/28/2011 : 05:18:22
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:

Huge game and a huge win for Gustavsson tonight. Yes, he gave up a soft first goal.

Really? As soft as the only goal Carey Price let in on the night? Did you see it? BRUTAL!

Definitely not as soft as that goal, lol. I did see that one.

But what did Price do after that? He shut them out after that softie, and that is exactly what very good goalies are able to do.

I will take that any day.

Alex116 Posted - 10/27/2011 : 22:43:47
quote:

The Duke Posted - 10/27/2011 : 19:46:07
Its true teams play diffrent in front of diffrent goal - tenders...with Reimer the leafs are trying to stop the opposing team from scoring...

with the monster the leafs are trying to stop the opposing team from getting a shot on net
n/a Posted - 10/27/2011 : 19:15:53
Huge game and a huge win for Gustavsson tonight. Yes, he gave up a soft first goal; yes, he came back with a stellar night full of great saves and certainly some luck as well to get the win.

Hopefully he can build off that.

Not that I don't want Reimer back next game, just so we are clear on that! Seems like a similar injury to what Connolly had . . . very stiff neck, and it's precautionary . . . seems to be at most another game, and we are good to go.

Guest6786 Posted - 10/25/2011 : 13:30:52
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

Jonas is quick to blame the defense any time a goal is let in

i beg to differ. if Jonas was calling out his defence everytime he lost a game it would be all over the sports pages. your statement is pure speculation.
however, i will partially agree with you that his team doesn't play for him. only partial agreement because it's only based on the way they play when he's in net, and not on pure facts. maybe its a confidence thing, maybe its a personal thing. who knows. but one thing is for sure, there is an overall difference in the total team effort when Reimer is in net vs. Gustavsson.
Shepsky Posted - 10/25/2011 : 12:13:24
The boys are in big trouble without reimer, gustafsson doesn't play for his team, and they don't play for him. Jonas is quick to blame the defense any time a goal is let in, where as Reimer has been thanking his defense for playing so well, it's just a respect thing. Reimer respects his team mates and vise versa. If Reimer isn't ready to play for the next game I say suit up Ben Scrivens, send the Monster and all his rebounds to the ahl.
Alex116 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 14:36:10
Pasty, shouldn't the coach be making sure they all know that it's a new goalie, one who's not been sharp? What about the captain? Or ANY teammate for that matter! I know i'd be on the bench chatting it up and telling guys to test the new guy! I'd be treating it like a playoff game telling guys to throw it at the net at any chance they get!!!
Guest6786 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 10:06:17
no cause for concern. it sounds like he's only gonna miss tonight's game against Philly. they've called up Ben Scrivens to be the back up.
hopefully Gustavsson's solid tonight, and hopefully this time the team doesn't bail on him like they did in Boston.
Pasty7 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 09:34:12
funny story about this, as slozo pointed out reimer did not start the second against the habs and after the game in a post game intervier Lars Eller was asked "if the team changed their game plan when the monster xame in" Eller than proceededto look very confused and asked when did the monster take Reimers place... then admitted he had no idea theiir had been a goalie change, not very heads up if u ask me.granted Eller did have a 2 point night and was on the ice for three of the four goals the habs scored....

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
nuxfan Posted - 10/24/2011 : 09:05:31
good question - who is next in the Leaf's goaltending pecking order? I recall a Fin being in there somewhere...

Regardless, I hope he's not out long - I have Reimer in 2 of my 4 pools, and he's been good for me so far.
Leafs81 Posted - 10/24/2011 : 07:41:08
I wonder who's gonna make the jump from the Marlies and if he will have a chance to play.

Gustavsson needs to play better, a good game tonight and it could boost his confidence.
BucketHead Posted - 10/24/2011 : 07:34:58
no, if he's out for more that 2 weeks then yes.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page