Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Will the Capitals find their stride again?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shepsky Posted - 12/14/2011 : 04:49:36
Even with the new coaching change the Washington Capitals seem to be the punching bag of the NHL. OV is a ghost of his former self this year, and the rest of the team simply isn't putting pucks in the net, while giving up a lot. Is there a hope that the Capitals can save their season, and become a force in the NHL this year? (the weirdest thing about this forum, is at the beginning of the season, when the caps won seven in a row, and were firing on all cylinders, and getting great goal tending, I thought they were for real... What happened?)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/15/2011 : 09:03:13
Something is definitely wrong in Washington, and I have to say, it starts and ends with Ovie.

I predict Semin will get dealt before the deadline, it seems guaranteed at this point in the season the way things are going. Green out has REALLY hurt them, so a defenceman of some worth should be coming back.

But honestly, it's such a hard team to figure out. Almost every single hockey analyst worth his salt predicted Washington to easily win the Southeast, and be top one or two in the East. I predicted that myself, thought they were the only true shoo-in for the playoffs. Now . . . I am not so sure.

In the end, I bet you anything they turn it around, Green comes back, and Florida starts to fall apart at the end of the season. But who really knows with how this season has gone . . . it's not a bet I would put any money on, that's for sure.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 12/14/2011 : 11:17:26
when Mike Green played this season, the team was 8-0...so I think he's a big argument in the team's succes. However, they have a very good line-up on paper : very good offense, and very legit defense and goaltender. Something must be wrong in the chemistry of the team, because the backstrom-ovechkin duo is not producing as they should, semin is having a very poor season...and there are even more. In my opinion, Alzner and Carlson are the only 2 who are having a good season. Wideman has the points, but is useless on the defensive end, and plays too many minutes for a strictly offensive def.

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
nuxfan Posted - 12/14/2011 : 09:12:19
Certainly a trade is imminent at this point - coaching change did nothing, they have to make a move. Semin is the obvious candidate because he's in the last year of his deal and is the weakest of the OV/Backstrom/Semin trio, but something has to happen to shake that team up.

Also, one wonders how much they're missing Green on the backend and PP - he hasn't played in weeks now. I think their problems go deeper than a single missing defenseman, but you never know...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page