Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Anybody Watch 'The Wrath of Grapes' Last Night?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 07:17:03
This is the 2nd installment of the CBC's attempt to tell the Cherry story. [part 2 of part 2 runs tonight]

It helps one to understand marginally better how and why this opinionated bull in the china shop IS the way he is.

Now don't get me wrong. Cherry sees and says A LOT that the other experts and 'insiders' don't even consider when it comes to hockey. It's all the other stuff that his self-imposed and distinct lack of education allows him to completely misread.

I watched it last night. It ain't bad. Albeit somewhat innaccurate. [like they conveniently left out the CHCH Grapevine Show and made it seem like Hockey Night in Canada was Cherry's only intro to TV.] The guy they have 'playing' Dave Hodge is so far off in terms of capturing Hodge that I doubt he ever watched an inch of footage.

At any rate...if you watch tonight...hide the curtains and bedspread before you allow Cherry into your home. Otherwise...he'll be wearing them this coming Saturday.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.

[added after the fact...What makes this a Toronto topic is a fact I learned last night. Never knew it before. Cherry was offered the job as Leaf coach by HORRIBLE Harold...through Dirty Alan Eaglebeak. He turned it down, even though it was the job he REALLY wanted, because he'd given his WORD to Colorado first.]
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
leigh Posted - 03/12/2012 : 15:56:24
I saw it and thought it was pretty entertaining. I can't speak to the accuracy of anything that I didn't actually witness of course but the publically known stuff was well done.

I think that the guy playing Don Cherry had it pretty dialed in terms of his speach and mannerisms. I thought that the guy doing Brian Williams had the voice nailed. And The guy playing Ron McLean had the mannerisms perfect. Although, they all seemed to be caricatures of the real people. But what d'ya do eh?'

There was a discaimer at the end that said while it was based on true events, some of the story and people were completely fictional. That surprised me.
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/12/2012 : 15:02:01
I watched part 2...of part 2 last night. All in all...NOT well done. Just finished reading the Ron MacLean book too. All in all...NOT well done.

Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 08:04:39
I hear that. Generally speaking I'd usually pass too. But as a hockey 'guy' there IS stuff there for me to learn...even if it has been CBC'd.

Not sure yet than I'm actually glad they used MY money to attempt this 'bio'.

CBC...Where 350,000 is the new MILLION. [a ratings thing]

Guest2969 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 07:41:56
I think id rather watch home movies of Beans then watch a made for TV movie on CBC

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page