Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Radulov's possible return....this year?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 16:22:10
So, Alexander Radulov's team has been eliminated from the KHL playoffs, clearing his possible return to the Preds. The sticking points are whether or not he wants to return AND more importantly, whether or not the Preds want him. Now, before you say "why wouldn't they?", keep in mind that he has one year left on his deal at under 1 mil per and this would be served even if he only returns for 1 game this season (say he gets hurt in his first game back?). He would then be RFA at season's end. Or, they could wait to bring him back next year for a full year (if it's his desire to return) at that low price. With guys like Weber and Suter needing re-signing, do they wait and try to get them signed? If they do, do those two get pissed that the team didn't go out and grab Radulov for the rest of this year and the playoffs?

The article below explains it all, including mention that Radulov, Suter and Weber apparently all got along really well during their time in Nashville together. I don't see why they wouldn't do EVERYTHING in their power to get this guy for a playoff push! It makes more sense to me especially if it's further proof to Weber and Suter that you're committed to winning.

Pretty nice addition to the Preds, especially post deadline, and especially if he produces anywhere near to what he did in the KHL.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/why-alex-radulovs-return-to-the-nashville-predators-needs-to-happen;_ylt=AuRpATyFMSTku7A_LW3.8JMJfwM6?urn=nhl,wp27263
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 12:19:59
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

Fact is he makes like 6Mil a year in the KHL and he is very well know, dates a pop star, appears in music videos. He might come to the NHL but only if they can find a way around the minimum contract. He wont come cheep

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors

Well, if it's all up to money, then he ain't gonna be coming, cuz there's no way they can suddenly pay him more now! Well, i guess the owner could throw him some cash on the side? lol...
Clatts Posted - 03/10/2012 : 10:06:42
Fact is he makes like 6Mil a year in the KHL and he is very well know, dates a pop star, appears in music videos. He might come to the NHL but only if they can find a way around the minimum contract. He wont come cheep

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
sahis34 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 09:08:55
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

All I have to say is look out Barry Trotz! :)

Radulov gave one of his coaches a high stick on the bench earlier this KHL season, for which most people viewed as a deliberate act on his part.

Regardless, Radulov is a great hockey talent, so if he's interested (and able) to join the Preds, he would be a great addition to the team!

Getting back to Barry Trotz, he's the only head coach in Nashville's entire history, going back to when they joined the NHL in 1998. That's actually quite amazing!

That wasn't necessarily a deliberate act, you can see him raise his hand in apology.

Sahis....i'm shocked that not more has come of that incident but i'm not convinced it was accidental, or that his "hand gesture" was an apology. I can tell you this much, if i WHACKED my coach as hard as he did and it was accidental, he'd get more than just that slight hand gesture as an apology. (sick minds, fire away )

I was really playing devils advocate there, I was just saying it could've been accidental. You never know, radalov does seem pretty ####ed up.
Alex116 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 08:34:03
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

quote:

Radulov gave one of his coaches a high stick on the bench earlier this KHL season, for which most people viewed as a deliberate act on his part.

Regardless, Radulov is a great hockey talent, so if he's interested (and able) to join the Preds, he would be a great addition to the team!

Getting back to Barry Trotz, he's the only head coach in Nashville's entire history, going back to when they joined the NHL in 1998. That's actually quite amazing!

That wasn't necessarily a deliberate act, you can see him raise his hand in apology.

Sahis....i'm shocked that not more has come of that incident but i'm not convinced it was accidental, or that his "hand gesture" was an apology. I can tell you this much, if i WHACKED my coach as hard as he did and it was accidental, he'd get more than just that slight hand gesture as an apology. (sick minds, fire away )
Guest4377 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 20:50:47
Many a deliberate act has resulted in a subsequent apology!
sahis34 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 19:36:15
quote:

Guest4377 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 19:19:11
Just a further thought on this issue. I'm wondering if there are any NHL players who are on teams which are eliminated from playoff contention who will now consider helping out a playoff bound team in the KHL? I kinda doubt it. It works the way other way though.

The KHL is a secondary league (like the WHA was in the 70's) for players who wish to spurn an undesirable NHL offer, or for players not good enough to play in the NHL, or in the case of the KHL, for Russian players (predominantly) who desire to place close to home, where they were born, or where they grew up.

But if you really want to compete with the best players in the world, you play in the NHL. And for the matter of a few dollars either way, most players choose the NHL. Radulov made the decision to play in the KHL, but let's see what he decides to do as things wind down for him (and his team) in the KHL.

As a hockey fan, I hope Radulov returns to the NHL, just like Jagr did this season. It's great to see the most talented players in one league, and the best league in the world.
Guest4377 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 17:35:08

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page