Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Another CBA tidbit

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 07/20/2012 : 17:16:46
So, looking ahead at the new CBA, it's more than likely that these crazy deals for 10, 12, 14, etc years will probably be restricted somewhat. Who does that affect the most? Well, guys like Parise and Suter were fortunate / lucky that their deals ended when they did. Same goes for Weber to some degree, as he didn't exactly get to take his pick of where he goes like they did, though he still gets ridiculously well paid!

It's the guys like Perry and Getzlaf who become UFA next year who "lose out", if you can call it that. They quite likely could get offered one of these crazy deals in an extension before the new CBA kicks in (i'm assuming this is allowed, though i could be wrong?), but they'd be staying in Anaheim to do so (unless some sort of trade was worked out i guess?). Whereas, if the current CBA deal were to continue, they'd have the same situation that Parise and Suter found themselves in, not just getting paid stupid money, but having the pick of their next home city! Now, if they really want out of Anaheim for any reason (and i'm not saying they do), they could still wait to become a UFA and go where they like, however, they could be leaving a ton of money on the table!

Thoughts?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page