Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Oilers lock up Eberle

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 08/30/2012 : 15:45:02
5 years 36 million for Eberle, the Oilers are doing a good job of locking up their young talent long term. I seem to remember quite a few people pointing out the Oilers will be unable to keep all their high end talent, at 6 million $ cap hits I really don't see why not.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 09/01/2012 : 15:44:53
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4096

quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

another good signing by EDM, it seems they're following the Vancouver idea of trying to put a "soft cap" on your own payroll with similar deals for their two young stars. If they keep going this way they should be able to keep that entire core together for a long time.

Not the Vancouver model. I think Detroit originated this since the introduction of the cap. No one was going to make for than Nik Lid. Boston and Van followed suit.

I might have been why they lost out on Suter and Parise.

DET was paying Lidstrom 7.5+M a year - to say that "no one was going to make more than Nik" does not exactly speak to frugality or going out of your way to set a team cap that is lower than market, and then being challenged to get others to take less to stay under your cap.

I do agree that it precludes some teams from joining in the bidding wars for UFA's. There were many rumours that VAN was going to chase Weber and give him a big one-year offer. As much as the locals were all over getting Weber (myself included), lots of press wondered how other players would react - knowing they had themselves taken less to stay in VAN. Once a team embarks on this sort of program, the challenge is then sticking to it through the years.
Guest4096 Posted - 09/01/2012 : 11:13:29
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

another good signing by EDM, it seems they're following the Vancouver idea of trying to put a "soft cap" on your own payroll with similar deals for their two young stars. If they keep going this way they should be able to keep that entire core together for a long time.

Not the Vancouver model. I think Detroit originated this since the introduction of the cap. No one was going to make for than Nik Lid. Boston and Van followed suit.

I might have been why they lost out on Suter and Parise.
mandree888 Posted - 08/31/2012 : 13:48:34
i have to say kudos to hall and eberle for proving that they want this team to stay intact as well and not getting greedy and going for the big cash. accepting the home town discount is impressive for players so young.
i tip my hat to them
nuxfan Posted - 08/31/2012 : 09:55:35
@valanche Posted - 08/31/2012 : 02:58:19
He's worth every penny.

66 is > than 99

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page