Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Mike Green - Bounce Back Year?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest3078 Posted - 01/24/2013 : 05:34:49
Anyone think he'll have a bounce back year? I currently have him in one of my pools and starting to doubt he'll get back to where he was 3 years ago. (3 or so points in 30 games. Dating back to last year)

I'm considering trading him sometime next month for either Boyle or Shattenkirk. (Notables: Markov, Doughty, Campbell, Ekman-Larsson, Enstrom, Streit, Keith)
What do you guys think? Its a small pool that's why they're plenty of D-men left. Thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/29/2013 : 13:27:22
That's obviously the problem, he stopped with the wacky tobacky!

Nothing screams performance enhancing drugs like Marijuana.......

errr........someone pass the Doritos...dude

Pasty7 Posted - 01/29/2013 : 11:46:13
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Pasty, if there's any truth to this, the question i would ask is "Was Green "burnin' blunts" when he put up back to back PPG+ seasons?".

Anyone remember what happened injury-wise to Green? The year following his two big years, he only put up 24 points and only played 49 games. This was followed by last years 7 points in 32 games.

The same year that we saw Green's point production dip in a huge way, so too did Alex Ovechkin to some degree. While OV still put up 85 (over a PPG), he regressed from the 109,110 and 112 he'd put up the 3 years prior. This definitely has to have had an impact on Green's point production!!!

from what i have been told he was doing this while in Hershey and continued into the NHL so it sounds like yes while he was tearing the league a new one he was, but maybe its finally catching up with him needless to say it shows a lot about his commitment to being a star player in the NHL

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 01/29/2013 : 10:08:43
Pasty, if there's any truth to this, the question i would ask is "Was Green "burnin' blunts" when he put up back to back PPG+ seasons?".

Anyone remember what happened injury-wise to Green? The year following his two big years, he only put up 24 points and only played 49 games. This was followed by last years 7 points in 32 games.

The same year that we saw Green's point production dip in a huge way, so too did Alex Ovechkin to some degree. While OV still put up 85 (over a PPG), he regressed from the 109,110 and 112 he'd put up the 3 years prior. This definitely has to have had an impact on Green's point production!!!
Pasty7 Posted - 01/29/2013 : 06:32:07
Green smokes up before games, this comes from a guy who played with Green in hershey and smoke up with him, needless to say this player burnt out and didn;t get offerd a AHL contract a few years back despite having pretty good numbers for a AHL goalie, so unless Green has gotten serious about his hockey and stopped riding his talent (wich his production and injuries suggest other wise) i would say he's going to have trouble getting his game back

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Alex116 Posted - 01/25/2013 : 14:29:20
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

not only is Green looking like he's done, but so does the entire Washington team. i know its early but they've lost all 3 games so far this year, and have a -8 goal differential. definitely not the same power house they were a few years ago.
Adam Oates could lose his job very soon if things don't improve.

No kidding! I'm tempted to either start a new poll or call up that old one regarding who's better, Sid the kid, or OV? Wow, "Alex the great", where are you???
The_Gipper Posted - 01/25/2013 : 13:04:20
not only is Green looking like he's done, but so does the entire Washington team. i know its early but they've lost all 3 games so far this year, and have a -8 goal differential. definitely not the same power house they were a few years ago.
Adam Oates could lose his job very soon if things don't improve.
Leafs81 Posted - 01/25/2013 : 11:12:16
Campbell, Shattenkirk, Doughty, Keith, Enstrom...

all better options than Green.

Trade now if you can
Guest3078 Posted - 01/24/2013 : 17:07:49
It's a straight points pool with 2 points for a goal and 1 for a assist.

I guess I'll make the trade sooner rather than later. Maybe sometime this weekend.
Thanks for the quick replies!!
Alex116 Posted - 01/24/2013 : 07:35:35
I wouldn't wait till next month! I'd grab Shattenkirk NOW! Unless, and now that i think about it it prob is, month end is your trading period? In a way this helps you as it gives you another week to see if Green puts up some good numbers, if not, jump on someone else.
n/a Posted - 01/24/2013 : 06:46:58
Hard to tell you what to choose with so many quality d-men and nothing to indicate your points structure, but . . . go with sure and dependable this short season!

Myself, from the options you give . . . I'd go Keith, Streit, Doughty, Ekman-Larsson, Campbell. But really, each of them is a better option than Mike Green . . . who really has fallen off the radar at this point and has never been the same since his major injury.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page