Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 steve mason to Philly ....

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2301 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 11:33:54
Funny how the goalies go threw that system....
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 04/07/2013 : 17:47:00
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Aside from Bryz's contract, the jury is still out when saying he "failed miserably". He's not played that badly in fact, it's their D that needs some serious work!

I've always said, and it was brought up by Slozo in regards to just how good Rask really is, that a teams defensive system can really contribute to a goalie's success. I've always insisted that Mike Smith isn't suddenly the next big thing and that Phoenix's defensive system makes him look good. Is that why Bryz was so good there too perhaps? He now moves to Philly and is blamed for not being the goalie he was behind the defense and the system in Pho.

I agree with that. I feel that's why Dubnyk is hung out to dry but when you watch him play, he's a pretty darn good goalie. But like you said, different system makes a goalie look different.
Alex116 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 17:01:41
Aside from Bryz's contract, the jury is still out when saying he "failed miserably". He's not played that badly in fact, it's their D that needs some serious work!

I've always said, and it was brought up by Slozo in regards to just how good Rask really is, that a teams defensive system can really contribute to a goalie's success. I've always insisted that Mike Smith isn't suddenly the next big thing and that Phoenix's defensive system makes him look good. Is that why Bryz was so good there too perhaps? He now moves to Philly and is blamed for not being the goalie he was behind the defense and the system in Pho.
Guest0045 Posted - 04/04/2013 : 16:50:06
Flyers send Bobrovsky to the Blue Jackets where he becomes the new starter and then pick up their backup goalie. funny how they got rid of Bobrovsky to give Bryzgalov the number 1 spot which failed miserably for them, and their solution is to pick up the starting goalie who has the worst GAA and save% in the last four years of the NHL.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 04/03/2013 : 13:48:58
Almost wish Bishop had gone to Philly instead of Tampa with next years division set up. Mason in Philly for Leighton, not really an upgrade. Why didn't Leighton get more playing time. Wasn't he the guy who played exceptional a few posteseasons ago. I read somewhere he has only played 2 games since. Any reason why? I know why Mason lost his starting job in Columbus, he got played out of position and one could say he was holding Columbus down in the standings the last few years. Not that the team a few years ago was much better than there placement, but the had the worst goaltending of the 30 teams.
Alex116 Posted - 04/03/2013 : 11:49:00
Apparently the Flyers were in on the Bishop sweepstakes but felt the asking price was too high? Be interested to know who the Sens were after?

I keep hearing Couturier's name mentioned as a guy teams have been inquiring about but i don't think the Flyers are ready to part ways with the youngster even though he's had a rough sophmore season thus far. Prob wise of them too!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page