Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Horcoff to Dallas

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 07/04/2013 : 23:13:46
WTF? Hey Beans, can the Canucks please borrow MacT for a few days? He was able to get a decent return on Horcoff, a guy they were rumoured to be buying out!!!

This Larsen kid they got, has some potential! He's already got some NHL experience and he could be a top 6 regular. He's supposedly an all around dman with some offensive talent as well as defensive. Size and strength need to be worked on but this kid may be better than expected in a few years!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 07/05/2013 : 08:11:50
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Dallas' GM clearly wanted strength down the middle by getting Seguin, Peverly, and Horcoff all in the same day. Horcoff is a solid hockey player, he is just over paid. Dallas had the money and wanted a 'leadership' kind of centre. Horcoff is versitily and can play 1st/2nd line if needed but is more well suited to be an offensively threatening 3rd liner.

One thing many people don't recognize is Horcoff's value on the PP. I can't recall the actual stats but last season the Oilers PP was close to 30% with Horcoff in the line-up and like 14% without him.

Unfortuantely, his play has been overshadowed for years because of the horrible contract he signed. He will do well in Dallas.

I know nothing about this Larsen kid. I am more interested in what MacT will do with the cap space he now has by dumping Horcoff.

Well said Beans. You've long been a big defender of Horcoff's talent and what he contributes and how he's been handcuffed by a bad contract. I agree, he's got something to offer. My surprise came with the return MacT was able to get. Considering they were thinking of buying him out, he did well to get what he did. I guess the problem Dallas faced was kinda what you lead into. If Horcoff was bought out, there were sure to be 10ish teams interested in him at what would prob be 3M per? So, if you have the cap space and the dollars, why not grab him!

I have no doubt the Edm will make a move or two today for sure. Rumours say they're big after Ferrence and are in the running for Clarkson. Edm may have a history of trouble in attracting FA's, but the young crop of talent they've stockpiled will go a long way to changing that!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/05/2013 : 07:56:00
I am not saying Horcoff is a 1-2 in 10 year talent, but I hope in Dallas he wont be regulated to only 3rd and sometimes 4th line minutes. When Horcoff was playing with the top 6, with injuries to other players in the last 2 years, his stats seen an increase, which they should with better quality linemates and TOI. Here's hoping Horcoff has close to a career year in Dallas and this becomes a win for Horcoff. Outside of poorly timed injuries, I thought his contract and the rookies getting promoted way to early in Edmonton got in the way of him fufilling his contract potential. He might not be a 6 mill a year player, but I dont think he is a 3rd sometimes 4th line player.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Beans15 Posted - 07/05/2013 : 07:31:21
Dallas' GM clearly wanted strength down the middle by getting Seguin, Peverly, and Horcoff all in the same day. Horcoff is a solid hockey player, he is just over paid. Dallas had the money and wanted a 'leadership' kind of centre. Horcoff is versitily and can play 1st/2nd line if needed but is more well suited to be an offensively threatening 3rd liner.

One thing many people don't recognize is Horcoff's value on the PP. I can't recall the actual stats but last season the Oilers PP was close to 30% with Horcoff in the line-up and like 14% without him.

Unfortuantely, his play has been overshadowed for years because of the horrible contract he signed. He will do well in Dallas.

I know nothing about this Larsen kid. I am more interested in what MacT will do with the cap space he now has by dumping Horcoff.

Ottawa, the best coached team in the NHL, with MVP like players such as Chris Neil, will win the Cup in 2013!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page