Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 St. Louis Blues goaltending situation

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hanley6 Posted - 10/14/2013 : 10:06:46
If you were the Head Coach of St. Louis Blues who would you go with for the majority of the games? and why?

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shepsky Posted - 10/17/2013 : 06:55:07
I would go with Halak as the starter and unload Elliott. As stated before the selling value of Elliott is high, but also, remember why the blues wanted Halak in the first place? His fantastic playoff run with the Canadiens a few years back, I think he might still be capable of a post season performance like that.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
n/a Posted - 10/17/2013 : 06:40:35
I think they've played pretty evenly, but that in terms of talent, high end value . . . Halak is better. I also think Halak will do much better once he is actually the true "#1" . . . some guys (like Reimer and Bernier now for Toronto, for instance) don't mind the battle - but I have a feeling Halak does mind.

I think the return for Elliot will be very high, and selling high always works IMHO, especially when it's a commodity you are already secure at.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/15/2013 : 08:49:13
I cant tell you from watching Elliot prior to St Louis, he didn't always look like a winner. Halak might be the better goaltender of the 2 for the games he can absolutely steal. Glad Edmonton is at least making the effort.
sahis34 Posted - 10/14/2013 : 15:35:07
that sounds good the oilers need a goalie
OILINONTARIO Posted - 10/14/2013 : 14:56:00
Read in the T.O. Sun that Elliot may be on the block. Possible trade with Edmonton.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
hanley6 Posted - 10/14/2013 : 10:17:39
I go with Elliott. Elliott has been the better goalie the past 2 seasons Save % and goals against average wise. Halak either plays well or he sucks. Elliott is game more accurate game in game out. Halak so far this season has started all games, but dont be surprised if Elliott takes over as number 1 goalie

...And the LEAFS Win the CUP

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page