Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 who ever thought this would happen?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 01/13/2014 : 02:47:26
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/jaromir-jagr-passes-mario-lemieux-033034979.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 01/25/2014 : 21:38:43
Lol, PUH the gambling site!!!
umteman Posted - 01/25/2014 : 15:49:16
Well two weeks ago I moved to the Pittsburg aea and so just might get to see a few home games this year! I haven't hooked up with an ISP yet and the public library has identified pickup hockey with gambling and so blocked access.

Seems some like a "teaser" and some don't. I guess I will mix it up some.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Guest4178 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 11:11:41
I don't mind Umteman's "teaser" style with some of his postings. Like Alex says, it's fun to guess the subject matter, but sure, a comment or two from the poster would be nice. It definitely does not make me angry though. :)

If you think it's all about the money for Jagr (playing in the KHL or jumping to the best offer, or to pay off gambling debts), you're right about the money part. Jagr has earned more money as a player than any other player in history, racking up over $100 million in career NHL earnings. (And this does not include his KHL earnings.)

Only one other player – Nick Lidstrom – has cracked the $100 million mark in career NHL earnings as a player.

Jagr's hockey playing earnings eclipse what Gretzky and Mario Lemieux made in their NHL careers (combined), but I'm guessing Gretzky and Lemieux's supplementary hockey earnings (i.e. coaching or owning a team) narrow or eclipse that margin.
Alex116 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 08:06:19
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7175

Are you going to offer anything special or just dump a link? This is a discussion forum, and you've offered nothing other than an open-ended question as the topic.

Lol....this is the norm lately for umteman. It's like a "teaser" and you have to click on it to find out fully what it's about. It used to bother me, but now i try to guess it by the link before clicking it. Some, like this one, are easier than others. Personally i'd prefer a little more offered up including a comment or opinion of the OP as well rather than just a mystery subject line and a link, but to each their own.
Guest7175 Posted - 01/13/2014 : 07:54:32
Are you going to offer anything special or just dump a link? This is a discussion forum, and you've offered nothing other than an open-ended question as the topic.

Jagr has like 500 more games played, so it was only a matter of time. When he bounced going to the KHL to pay his gambling debts more efficiently I wouldn't have though he'd still rack up hundreds of games more in the show. But here we are, he's been the best devil this season and will probably go somewhere else for marginally more money next year as well.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page