Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 who to keep who to keep??????

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4446 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 16:06:41

The rules for my pool are pretty simple you must have four defense one goalie and one rookie one point for a goal and one point for an assist, . We can keep eight players. This is my roster can't protect your goalie.
jvr
seguin
Benn
mackinnon
weber
suter
james wisnewski
krecji
parise
marus Johansson
Landesgog
Semin
Pieterangelo
Filppula
O'Rielly
Saad
Ryan johansen
Alfredsson
tarasenko
parise
st Louis

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9325 Posted - 02/27/2014 : 11:04:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Well, in that case, depending on the number of teams in this league (judging by the quality of your 4 D i'm assuming it's not a large pool?), i'd consider only keeping a couple of D. It's hard to judge the value of the Dmen when considering the need for just 4 on such a large roster. What i mean is, if you were drafting from scratch with 0 keepers, i wouldn't be taking a dman early and passing up on a stud forward. It's like drafting goalies in this kind of draft. I'd NEVER take one early if there's only 8-10 teams as the 10th best goalie compared to the top one will be less of a drop off than missing out on a potential stud forward.

Hope i'm not confusing things, but i'd prob hang onto Weber and Pietrangelo for sure, and possibly Suter. If you kept the 3, it'd allow you to hang onto one more forward, but again, you'd have to gauge the drop off in offense when considering the number of teams in your pool.

interesting thanks
Alex116 Posted - 02/26/2014 : 09:55:42
Well, in that case, depending on the number of teams in this league (judging by the quality of your 4 D i'm assuming it's not a large pool?), i'd consider only keeping a couple of D. It's hard to judge the value of the Dmen when considering the need for just 4 on such a large roster. What i mean is, if you were drafting from scratch with 0 keepers, i wouldn't be taking a dman early and passing up on a stud forward. It's like drafting goalies in this kind of draft. I'd NEVER take one early if there's only 8-10 teams as the 10th best goalie compared to the top one will be less of a drop off than missing out on a potential stud forward.

Hope i'm not confusing things, but i'd prob hang onto Weber and Pietrangelo for sure, and possibly Suter. If you kept the 3, it'd allow you to hang onto one more forward, but again, you'd have to gauge the drop off in offense when considering the number of teams in your pool.
Guest9325 Posted - 02/26/2014 : 02:38:16
I don't have to keep any defense I just have to make sure I have four after we round out our roster in the fall. So I could conceivably just keep eight forwards.
Alex116 Posted - 02/25/2014 : 22:19:23
So, do you have to protect 4 dmen? Or can you protect 8 forwards as long as you draft min 4 dmen next year when filling out your roster?

Judging by your keepers you listed in the other thread I'm gonna guess you must protect 4D and 4F?

If so, Seguin, Benn and Mackinnon are locks. On D, obviously Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo and Wisniewski are your keepers as they appear to be your only 4 D? The last forward IMO, would be between JVR, Krecji, Parise, Johansen and St. Louis.

With it being a limited keeper league, hanging onto young guys anticipating you remain in the running next year is not necessarily smart. There's far too much of a player turnover that you may not find you're up near the top next year if you draft poorly. St. Louis would prob be the one I keep and hope I draft well. If by mid season I'm not doing well, he's great trade bait to someone in the running whereby you may get a good young guy in return.

Other than St Loius, it'd be between JVR and maybe Johansen. I love what Johansen's done in this breakout year of his and this could just be the start. CBJ is only going to get better and he could be future stud. FWIW, his numbers are very similar to JVR's so far this season.

Parise, Landeskog, ROR, Saad and Tarasenko are also guys I'd love to keep but your pool isn't deep enough on keepers to warrant this. Tarasenko and Saad could be really nice pieces another year from now but you'll be stuck trying to redraft them I guess?

Hope this helps?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page