Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Carlyle

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mandree888 Posted - 03/26/2014 : 14:59:11
Is it just me or does it seem like Carlyle has lost the room with the leafs?

Honestly I was one of the bigger people saying give him a chance but i don;t know its like the team stopped plaing defense for him.

i would not be surprised to see him let go this summer no matter what. even if by some miracle the leafs make the playoffs.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Duke Posted - 04/01/2014 : 07:54:29
The leafs have many problems Leafs 81....

They have a coach who wants them to play dump and chase thus needing puck retrieval. WHO ? on the leafs top 2 lines have the ability to go into the corners and retrieve the puck ?? Bozak ? no..... Kessel ? no......JVR ? yes but he is not an aggressive initiator, he can handle himself yes but not enforcer...... Kadri ? lol.no...... Raymond ? no...... Lupul ?.same as Jvr, can handle himself but not dogs in the corners......dump and chase cannot work with these type of players.

The leafs 3rd line are crap...cannot buy a goal and can`t stop the opposition from scoring.

The leafs 4th line is a joke...2 of whom can`t skate....they don`t get any ice time anyway.

Their defence as a whole must be at the bottom of the league with regard to overall play. They CANT get the puck out, its unreal to watch, they move the puck 3 - 4 times to the blueline before it finally gets over the line....very, very funny to watch.....the puck is like a yo-yo.....they constantly get caught giving up 2 on 1`s and breakaways....their 1 on 1 coverage in their own end is brutal, opposing forwards whale away at the puck before finally wacking it into the net....How can you win hockey games like this ??

Their team as a whole are the laughing stock of the NHL.....Phaneuf is a clown.....Kadri must be the worst defensive forward in the entire NHL.....What is Jay Mclements job ??....he cant score, he can`t assist on goals, the leafs PK is bottom 3 in the league and Jay Mclement was brought in to fix this problem ??...another useless over rated player....give some young player with size ( and can skate ) a chance.....David Broile maybe.

I can go on and on and on......is all this the Coaches fault ?? i don`t think so....he has a terrible system in place for the kind of players he has maybe but his players for the most part are NO GOOD.....over paid and over rated.

Leafs81 Posted - 03/30/2014 : 07:21:36
Phaneuf is definitly playing his worst hockey lately. He has an overpaid contract but until lately I didn't really have anything against him and I thought he helped the team. Now, it's just painful to watch.
The Duke Posted - 03/29/2014 : 18:26:39
And dion phaneuf gets caught deep in detroits end on the red wings 4 th goal....neon dion is 50 feet behind the play leaving franson out to dry.....this is a recording
Leafs81 Posted - 03/29/2014 : 14:20:57
Yeah I'm losing faith into Carlyle too. There's big chance that he's gone over the summer. The defensive system should be better by now or at least we should see some improvement and some adaptations.

Also, have you guys seen the Leafs kill a penalty. It's not working to have one man covering both point shots!!!!!!! Change it!!!!!

The freefall started when Reimer got the chance to prove his worth and he failed miserably, and Carlyle keeps expecting his goaltenders to save the day when his team are making so many costly errors defensively, and after the coach made an unecessary comment about Reimer's play. I think that's when he lost the room.

Also off topic but Nonis is overpaying for his players (I didn't like the Clarkson signing and the Phaneuf) Way grossly overpaid.

Go win the next 7 games finish with 94 points that would give you a spot in the wild card, or lose all 7, finish with 80 points and maybe have a top ten pick.

The Duke Posted - 03/28/2014 : 17:35:10
I've watched the leafs all my life and looking at this years edition....Theres 1 of 2 possibilities wrong with the leafs...1). Carlyle has such a fked up system in place, no- one can play it...or...2 ) their team as a whole are s***.....since carlyles system worked with ducks ( Stanley cup ) I'm leaning towards the latter...::)). It all starts with leadership and I've repeatedly said that dion phaneuf is a slow footed, bone head hockey player who breathes stupidity throughout the team.........there's only one reason why the leafs payroll matches the leagues elite teams and they suck....most leaf players are grossly over-rated and over-paid....the leafs have Bernier, kessel, jvr , Lupul, Reilly , Gardiner.....bolland but didn't play....bozak and Kulimen get passing grades......the rest are just replaceable parts...it appears I was wrong about clarkson...phaneufs and clarksons salary combined are over 12 million dollars flushed down the toilet and puts Torontos salary cap at 50 million because they are a waste of cap space

n/a Posted - 03/27/2014 : 09:31:28
I'm starting to think that perhaps Carlyle HAS, indeed, lost the room.

The other possibility is . . . that he's not a good fit for that team; that it's a bad mix for leadership; there are other things wrong in the dressing room we'll never know. But SOMETHING is up in there, that is for sure.

The one mark of this year's Leafs team is . . . they are one of the most unpredictable teams out there. And as much as that is a mark of a young team . . . there are enough veterans on this team to be able to steer the ship.

I'm looking at you, Dion Phaneuf. And you, Joffery Lupul.

But yeah . . . the "must win" and "huge" games, where you should be able to guarantee a great effort . . . and then you see them come out super-flat . . . it's a real head-scratcher.

I think personally it's a mix of Carlyle AND Phaneuf.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 03/26/2014 : 16:19:38
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

its like the team stopped plaing defense for him.

I would argue that the team has not been playing very good defense all year long. Their shots against look about the same over the last 10 games as they have all year long - its just burning them now that their goaltending is not super amazing every night.

Most people figured that the Leaf style of play would catch up to them eventually, and it is doing so now. I don't think the problem is Carlyle losing the room.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page