Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 NHL draft predictions

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 06/23/2014 : 17:23:02
Let's hear some predictions regarding this weekend's NHL entry draft! Do you think any of the top picks will be traded? There are rumours around here that the Canucks are going to do everything possible to land local boy Sam Reinhart, but it may take moving up to #1 to do so. One rumour floating about is Tanev and the 6th overall for the 1st overall (Fla) but i think the Canucks would need to add something more (prospect or another pick later in the draft?). Seems like a steep price, but after the top 3 or 4 guys, there's said to be a slight dropoff to the next tier of guys? Also, if the Canucks were to move up to #1, would they be able to pass up on Ekblad, a supposed likely franchise dman, something Vancouver's lacked for the last, well, forever???

Any chance the Oilers move up to try to snag Ekblad? They've been covetting a franchise dman for a long time now and while they got Nurse and a few others, Ekblad is supposed to be a total stud. If they want the first overall pick, i could see them having a better package to offer to Fla than Vancouver would?

What are your thoughts?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 06/27/2014 : 12:03:22
How about a scenario where Florida and Buffalo take the two Sam's and Ekblad falls to Edmonton at 3 much like Seth Jones dropping unexpectedly to 4 last year??
n/a Posted - 06/27/2014 : 10:30:42
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I think Edm would be greedy trying to get the #1 (Ekblad) without having to cough up the #3. That's not to say it can't happen though. I heard a rumour that Fla is secretly interested in Draisaitl and may be willing to trade down to 3 to get him (and an asset from Edm)? Been pretty quiet on the Edm front though so if there's anything in the works, they're doing well to keep it on the DL.

Well, if I was Edmonton . . . I'd be greedy!
And, I really think they will make the strongest play for that #1 pick, but who knows what Florida wants and perhaps favours more - it might come down to liking this player or that more.

Can you imagine a scenario where an Eberle, Yakupov or other young star is traded to Florida?

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!
Alex116 Posted - 06/25/2014 : 15:55:39
I think Edm would be greedy trying to get the #1 (Ekblad) without having to cough up the #3. That's not to say it can't happen though. I heard a rumour that Fla is secretly interested in Draisaitl and may be willing to trade down to 3 to get him (and an asset from Edm)? Been pretty quiet on the Edm front though so if there's anything in the works, they're doing well to keep it on the DL.
n/a Posted - 06/25/2014 : 08:48:30
My thoughts are that Forida deals their #1 pick . . . and I have no clue after that, other than my guess is Edmonton would be most willing to deal a significant forward in exchange, coupled with a great need for a #1 D-man, and in that way they keep their #3 overall pick as well. Many permutations though, and tonnes of other teams will also be in that mix.

One of the more interesting draft years ever in terms of tension and suspense, not knowing about potential trades, trade-ups, and actual pick order, especially for the top 5.

All hail Canada`s team the Montreal Canadiens our hope for a Stanley Cup to come home to Canada is 2014! Keep Calm and Carey on!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page