Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs at Deadline (Buyers or Sellers)

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 02/22/2017 : 20:28:27
Thought I would help out with driving some traffic to the polls here by putting out what I think would generate the most responses, both positive and negative.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The_Gipper Posted - 02/23/2017 : 11:00:47
I wouldn't expect any major splashes from my Leafs. even though there has been some talk about the possibility of landing Shattenkirk, and even minor rumblings about Duchene and Landeskog, I just don't see it. I could see them maybe acquiring a veteran defender for cheap to help on the backend, and make that final push for the playoffs. but nothing beyond that. this team has impressed a lot this year, but they're still in re-build mode. I think Lou, Shanny, Babcock, and the rest are fairly content to let these kids gain some valuable experience being in a tight playoff race. let them find out what the difference is between game 10, and game 65. and if they make the playoffs, all the more better for them.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 02/22/2017 : 21:23:30
It is looking like the Leafs are good enough to challenge for a playoff spot this year, yet they have a lot of buried veteran contracts. It seems like the right time to find home for veterans (Laich, Greening and Michalek) playing in the minors and players not destined to be with the team once the eventual rise to being a true playoff contender happens in the next few years. They could speed up the process by Acquiring Shattenkirk or Trouba if possible, if it can happen without removing key players or prospects. This team needs defenseman if they are going into this playoffs with serious aspirations. The worst thing that could happen is they do nothing and do well in the playoffs, feeling like "if only" when they could do so now. But doing nothing except offloading contracts for picks is what I expect them to do.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page