Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Andreychuk finally inducted

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 06/27/2017 : 05:37:53
Not surprised at his induction. Only that it took this long.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/06/26/hall-fame-call-caps-long-run-success-dave-andreychuk-jeremy-jacobs/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 07/05/2017 : 14:04:49
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

I never expected him to go in his first year but thought he would go within 5 years. It was about the 10th year. A 23 year career, over 1,000 points, guided a quite young Tampa team to a Stanley Cup, all time leader in power play goals. All together I think enough for induction.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Anytime someone finishes 1st in a career statistic, not simply a seasonal statistic, but an all time one, its hard not to include him. There are a few examples of players not as good as Andreychuk in the Hall already, plus if Kariya is going in why not Andreychuk. Not every player in the league has to be a speedy scoring phenom to get in the hall. Some can be from the school of hard knocks, who played a phenomenally long time at a high level, especially when your resume also says you were the all time greatest at something over your whole career.
umteman Posted - 07/05/2017 : 05:09:08
I never expected him to go in his first year but thought he would go within 5 years. It was about the 10th year. A 23 year career, over 1,000 points, guided a quite young Tampa team to a Stanley Cup, all time leader in power play goals. All together I think enough for induction.

n/a Posted - 07/04/2017 : 22:24:44
A little surprised, actually.
He's a really tough call - the Mike Gartner of his time. Super consistent and scored a lot of goals for sure . . . but never considered an out and out star player in his heyday. A good or very good player, but not a star.

I would have preferred to keep out those guys, and only put in guys who were a notch above (I think Sundin is in that category for me - deserves to be in the HHOF, but just barely). But to each his own, and it's all very subjective at a certain level - and I understand having to have guys with over 600 goals in.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page