Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Randy Steinman
 IT TAKES ALL KINDS TO MAKE A FANTASY LEAGUE

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 03/04/2009 : 13:42:26
The expression "it takes all kinds to make a world" definately applies to fantasy hockey. After acting as commissioner in many Fantasy Hockey Journal leagues at Yahoo it is clear to me that it "takes all kinds to make a fantasy league".

These are a few types of fantasy league managers. Perhaps you have seen these types of managers in your fantasy hockey leagues- I know I have:

THE WOULD-BE COMMISH - questions the actual commissioner on almost everything including draft format, roster format, etc. Disagrees with decisions made by the commissioner. Probably has never been a league commissioner.

THE EAGER BEAVER, FIRST TO LEAVE-ER- The first one to ask the Commish what date the draft will be held. Gone once the league actually starts.

THE STEADY EDDIE - Sets his roster every day. Makes waiver wire pick ups. Proposes trades. Posts on and offers help on the message board. Solid, fair player. Always finishes near the top. Commissioners wish every player had "Steady Eddie's" serious but fair attitude.

THE RECRUITER - Usually an average player, he's only in the league to add players to his contact list to approach for his "pay" leagues.

THE WHINER - This guy is on the commish's back for everything! "The draft wasn't fair". "That trade wasn't fair", "They screwed up my stats!", etc. If he would just click on "Help" on the league home page he might be able to figure out things for himself and spare the commish an ulcer.

THE TAUNTER - Full of trash talk on the message board. Dishes out a steady dose of smack talk but his poor showing in the standings don't back it up.

So- are any of these types in your leagues?

Be sure to visit Fantasy Hockey Journal (www.fantasyhockeyjournal.com)- All your tools for your hockey pools.

Have an opinion on Steinman's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin@pickuphockey.com
PickupHockey.com and the owners of PickupHockey.com do not necessarily endorse the opinions expressed on its website of the volunteer writers. The opinions expressed here in this and other posts are solely the opinions of the writers.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page