Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 Vinny Lecavalier's Next Team

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2244 Posted - 06/26/2009 : 04:10:43
Who do you think will get Vinny?
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 06/07/2010 : 10:01:58
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

Feel bad for the guys in Montreal already wearing the Lecavalier jerseys...he'll be staying put in Tampa.

Plus, really think Montreal would take on his salary? Or how may players would they have to give up...not worth it...

im a montreal fan and i dont want him sure he is a great player but im not interested in anyone over 6 miilon in this cap world unless they re a sure thing 100 points a year,,,

Pasty
Rambo2305 Posted - 06/07/2010 : 05:13:07
Feel bad for the guys in Montreal already wearing the Lecavalier jerseys...he'll be staying put in Tampa.

Plus, really think Montreal would take on his salary? Or how may players would they have to give up...not worth it...
nuxfan Posted - 06/06/2010 : 23:06:43
quote:
But they have to sign both young goalies, that should take up at least 7 to 8 mill.

If the Habs have to pay 7-8 M to keep both goalies, then they're overpaying one of them.

6M for both, tops. Or, 4M for Halak and sign a cheapo backup, and cut Price free.

I agree with Irvine, I don't think Lecavalier is going anywhere now that Yzerman is on board. Lecavalier has a highly unmovable contract, TB will never get fair value for him. Best to keep him and build your team around him I think.
Guest5526 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:55:38
But really, who cares! he has done nothing for the past couple years!
Guest5526 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:54:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7281

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9262

quote:
Originally posted by Axey

quote:

Lecavalier is going to Montréal but this wont make Montréal a better team.

But in the long term this will really help Tampa Bay.

How won't it make the Habs a better team? riddle me that one

Well the trade is not made yet but the Habs would have to trade an aweful lot to get him. Draft picks, good young players and a couple prospects. And plus they would have to depart some players to make room for his salary.

And Lecavalier even though he brings a lot to a team and is one of the best forwards in the NHL, he can't do it all by himself. They need depth and Montréal has that right now but if they give what Tampa Bay is asking they will lose a lot of depth.

So this is why. But like I said the trade isn't made yet so lets just wait and see IF it happens and what Montréal will give.

Actually Montreal has over 30 million in cap space so they wont have to move any salary should they pick him, especially considering Tampa would get a couple of roster players in return freeing up even more cap room.

Actualy the Habs dont have 30 mill in cap space, where did you get that number from? They have 16 mill to play with, it's an actual fact! But they have to sign both young goalies, that should take up at least 7 to 8 mill. , and I know alot of ppl on here are claiming the Habnots will be trading Price, but that's not so clear cut, cuz his value has gone down with 2 average seasons!
If they did covet Vinny, I'm just speculating Gomez hefty contract would have to go, as they need to fill roster spots, thru FA, trades, or minors!
Guest4266 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 08:29:22
I think that he should go to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
irvine Posted - 06/04/2010 : 19:27:23
Perhaps it's time to re-activate this topic.

With new owners, new general manger & a new (soon-to-be named) head coach arriving in Tampa this year

Will Vinny be traded? If so, to who?
-

I'm of the frame of mind that Yzerman keeps Lecavlier. In fact, I believe if anybody (as a GM/Coach), can get Lecavlier back to his old form, it is Stevie.

Perhaps with all of these changes, and owners who seem to actually care about more than just the money coming in/out, about creating a real team, maybe Vincent can rejuvinate his on-ice success.

So, I believe Vinny stays. Also, I think with Yzerman at the reigns, Vinny can come back to form.

Irvine/prez.
Deaner Posted - 06/04/2010 : 14:10:14
Vinny aint going to the habs...I can see Yzerman gettin rid of his ass though.
Rambo2305 Posted - 07/06/2009 : 07:39:48
Going back to the draft....was anyone else annoyed with the fact that the Habs fans cheered like hell when Bettman was getting ready to annouce a trade, and gave a nice "booo" when they realized it wasn't for Vinny?

Get over yourselves, Lecavalier will never wear the Habs jersey, correction, maybe when his contract with TB ends.

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
hockster Posted - 07/05/2009 : 18:00:52
He will stay for sure, sorry Habs fans.

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
PhillyFan12 Posted - 07/05/2009 : 13:16:37
Vinny will stay with the lightning,they wont give away a good player.Every team wants him though but hes worth alot

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
brentrock2 Posted - 07/03/2009 : 06:24:40
I'm sure now that Vinny will stay with tampa bay because if Montreal got him they would be very close over the salary cap.
Montreal won't get him because they already have Gomez, Gionta and Cammaleri.
Guest8571 Posted - 06/30/2009 : 17:38:11
quote:
Originally posted by Porkchop73

Doubt Vinny goes to Montreal after the Habs traded for Gomez. Too much money would be tied up in two players.

I agree totally. They cannot tie that much money into two older players and expect to succeed next year and in the future. Especially with half their team being FAs.
Porkchop73 Posted - 06/30/2009 : 17:03:23
Doubt Vinny goes to Montreal after the Habs traded for Gomez. Too much money would be tied up in two players.
Guest7281 Posted - 06/29/2009 : 13:02:51
quote:

quote:

quote:

Well the trade is not made yet but the Habs would have to trade an aweful lot to get him. Draft picks, good young players and a couple prospects. And plus they would have to depart some players to make room for his salary.

And Lecavalier even though he brings a lot to a team and is one of the best forwards in the NHL, he can't do it all by himself. They need depth and Montréal has that right now but if they give what Tampa Bay is asking they will lose a lot of depth.

So this is why. But like I said the trade isn't made yet so lets just wait and see IF it happens and what Montréal will give.

Actually Montreal has over 30 million in cap space so they wont have to move any salary should they pick him, especially considering Tampa would get a couple of roster players in return freeing up even more cap room.
Guest9262 Posted - 06/28/2009 : 12:46:44
quote:

quote:

Axey Posted - 06/28/2009 : 10:40:50
quote:

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 06/26/2009 : 11:37:57
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

I think Vincent will go to Montreal because that is really the only team really wanting him. There is a 75% chance he will go to Montreal than any other team.(Hopefully Montreal gets him)

brentrock2

Actually, I would bet if we had the 30 GM on this site picking there fantasy teams with a salary Cap, 2/3 would make room for Vinny. He is just not available to other teams. Montreal is the only team with a snowballs chance in hell. Tell me Burke wouldn't trade Kaberle, Kubina and a 1st round for Lecavalier. You just can't find guys with 10 years in the league, 100 point seasons, 40-50 goal multiple seasons and a bonified leader in the room. He is everything they billed Sundin to be and he's Canadian with a stanley cup ring.
Guest9262 Posted - 06/26/2009 : 11:06:17

Pasty7 Posted - 06/26/2009 : 08:35:01
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

Wow, this one should be locked up...

Vinny's already said he isn't going anywhere, management said he wasn't going anywhere..

Montreal, get over yourself, might as well ask which of the 30 teams wants Lecavalier???

Face it, your team choked like they were...can't finish that nvm... lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

actually bettman had to meet with the co owners of tampa to tell them to come to an areement one of the two wanted a personal cap in the 35 to 40 million range (meaning he would have to trade vinny) and the other wanted to go full out,,, so this is not unfounded and not obserd i don't know if he is coming to montreal espcially since gainy called lawton's actions when they were intially shopping vinny this season disgracefull... remeber lawton denied it then to said there was no way,,, then it comes out there was a deal in place

Pasty
Rambo2305 Posted - 06/26/2009 : 05:49:39
Wow, this one should be locked up...

Vinny's already said he isn't going anywhere, management said he wasn't going anywhere..

Montreal, get over yourself, might as well ask which of the 30 teams wants Lecavalier???

Face it, your team choked like they were...can't finish that nvm... lol

brentrock2 Posted - 06/26/2009 : 04:13:29
I think Vincent will go to Montreal because that is really the only team really wanting him. There is a 75% chance he will go to Montreal than any other team.(Hopefully Montreal gets him)

brentrock2

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page