Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... School Your Pool
 The GM's Office: Weekly Notes

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 10/26/2009 : 14:01:57
We find out today the extent of Ilya Kovalchuk's foot injury. Word out of Atlanta is that it might not be good news which would obviously be a big blow to the Thrashers as well as his fantasy owners. Kovalchuk, in a contract year, was off to an electric start with 9 goals in 8 games. I will update his status as soon as it is known.

Jonathan Toews is questionable for the Hawks game tonight vs the Minnesota Wild. He missed Saturday night's contest against Nashville and while the team isn't saying much about the severity of his concussion one would think the Hawks will err on the side of caution with their captain.

[img]http://www.pickuphockey.com/images/CHI-19.jpg[/img]

The Vancouver Canucks line of Ryan Kesler, Michael Grabner, and Mason Raymond continues to perform well. The trio is quite possible the fastest line in hockey and has been buzzing around the net for the past 3 games, leading the Canucks in opportunities and shots on goal. With Pavol Demitra suffering another setback from offseason shoulder surgery and his status unknown, expect these three to stay together for the next month or so, at least.

Vincent Lecavalier finally scored his first goal of the season on Saturday night against the Buffalo Sabres. He had an off year in 2008-09 and has now started very slowly in 2009-10. I own him in one of my leagues and have already seen a couple of low-ball offers come my way for him. Kudos to those trying to buy-low on this superstar, but I'm not biting. He'll come around.

Ryan Getzlaf also scored his first goal of the season this past week. Very surprised at his slow start, but he'll come around as well.

Crazy week for the NHL with so many questionable hits. Taking a look at the NHL injury report, there are currently 11 players out with concussions, and there are undoubtedly more labeled on the list as "upper body" injuries.

Mathieu Schneider returned to action last night, playing his first game for the Vancouver Canucks. With Sami Salo out he will run the powerplay for the Canucks and should be targeted by any fantasy owner who is in need of help on the blueline.

Jonas Gustavsson is expected to start for the Leafs tonight in Anaheim. Until they can turn their game around, I wouldn't touch any Leafs goalie with a 10-foot pole. Even if you have no other options.

Marian Hossa has started skating and doing some light shooting. He's progressing, but still a ways away.

Preseason sensation Sergei Shirokov was re-called from the AHL's Manitoba Moose to fill in for Canucks forward Kyle Wellwood who is day-to-day with a broken toe. Shirokov skated on the top-line with Henrik Sedin on Sunday night in the Canucks 2-0 win against the flu-ridden Edmonton Oilers but was mostly ineffective. Shirokov looks like a player who needs time in the minors to get used to the North American game, but his solid skills are apparent.

The Minnesota Wild activated forward Petr Sykora from the IR on Saturday. Sykora skated on a line with Martin Havlat and scored a goal in his first game back. He's a streaky player but could help fantasy owners who need depth, especially if he sticks on the top line. Speaking of Havlat, he returns tonight to Chicago, where he left in the summer with some harsh words about the organization. Could be interesting.

Ray Irwin writes for www.SchoolYourPool.com, the most complete fantasy hockey advice website on the internet. Featuring player and prospect rankings and interviews, daily starting goalies, buy low/sell high, injury reports, goalie carousel, and lots more...come on over to www.schoolyourpool.com and Get Educated!

Enter the www.SchoolYourPool.com Pick'Em pool to win great shwag, including a John Tavares autographed jersey!

Have an opinion on SYP's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin at pickuphockey.com
PickupHockey.com and the owners of PickupHockey.com do not necessarily endorse the opinions of the volunteer writers expressed on its website. The opinions expressed here are solely the opinions of the writers.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page