Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Poll - Ladislav Nagy a Star

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:46:29
Today the Coyotes traded Ladislav Nagy to the Stars for a first round draft pick in 07 and Mathias Tjarnqvist. Who got the better of the deal?
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pucker Posted - 02/14/2007 : 12:09:22
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2897

The thing about 1st rounders is that they are useful when it is a team who will have a top 20 pick. Dallas is a team that will almost guaranteed not have a top 20 pick. I would say after that point, the next 30 picks can either pan out or not pan out. The idea is to find a scout who knows what he is doing and find the guy with potential at the NHL level. The problem with so many scouts is that they misjudge what type of player somebody can be once they make it to the big show. Dallas made a smart move considering they picked up a player who could be a first liner on almost any team in the league. Tjarnqvist is a less than 10 minute per game guy, always will be. He may see up to 2 mins per game more now that he is in Phx. I think Dallas rounded up a great rent-a-player for themselves. I say look out for Dallas. I agree, good on Phx for acquiring a 1st rounder because it will still help them more than it would have helped Dallas, but Dallas got the better of the 2 deals.

Best argument for Dallas by FAR. From a guest too...

And even though he is a rental, he could potentially sign with Dallas in the Summer. Or he could even sign an extension before the season runs out.
Guest2897 Posted - 02/14/2007 : 11:56:11
The thing about 1st rounders is that they are useful when it is a team who will have a top 20 pick. Dallas is a team that will almost guaranteed not have a top 20 pick. I would say after that point, the next 30 picks can either pan out or not pan out. The idea is to find a scout who knows what he is doing and find the guy with potential at the NHL level. The problem with so many scouts is that they misjudge what type of player somebody can be once they make it to the big show. Dallas made a smart move considering they picked up a player who could be a first liner on almost any team in the league. Tjarnqvist is a less than 10 minute per game guy, always will be. He may see up to 2 mins per game more now that he is in Phx. I think Dallas rounded up a great rent-a-player for themselves. I say look out for Dallas. I agree, good on Phx for acquiring a 1st rounder because it will still help them more than it would have helped Dallas, but Dallas got the better of the 2 deals.
admin Posted - 02/14/2007 : 10:07:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4099

how can anyone with half a brain say Dallas?

The clear winner is Phoenix, and a brilliant move I might add.

You guys don't give a 1st rounder enough credit, that's HUGE! And with Nagy being an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, who knows where he'll end up next year!?!? (perhaps even back in Phoenix)

-tc

Well said. You should create an account, we are always looking for more guys with some hockey smarts around here.
HawksFan Posted - 02/14/2007 : 08:08:29
The Stars may have gained a defensive liability, but they added some scoring, which should be a bonus to a roster than has 2 defensemen as their top scorers.
Guest4099 Posted - 02/14/2007 : 00:49:22
how can anyone with half a brain say Dallas?

The clear winner is Phoenix, and a brilliant move I might add.

You guys don't give a 1st rounder enough credit, that's HUGE! And with Nagy being an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, who knows where he'll end up next year!?!? (perhaps even back in Phoenix)

-tc
pucker Posted - 02/13/2007 : 15:44:33
Nagy has potential, Nagy is good, Nagy will put up numbers with Modano...

CMON GUYS! I am dissapointed in you for not taking into account all of the other factors that go into trades. Never is talent the only thing taken into consideration. Especially in this salary cap era. I think the Admin is making a great point and most of you are responding with posts that have very little thought put into them.

The Witt comparison is a solid one. I think if I were looking at one of the Coyotes players to make an impact in the playoffs, Doan and Nolan would be higher on the list than Nagy. Nolan could be had for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.Doan should attract more than Nagy. Word is that JFJ balked when he heard the asking price was a 1st rounder. And we criticize him for being an idiot - I say good move.

Canucks Man Posted - 02/13/2007 : 12:17:10
Nagy has potential if he plays with good players all year i think he could put up quality points

CANUCKS RULE!!
admin Posted - 02/13/2007 : 11:15:18
quote:
Originally posted by 1 Crosby fan

sorry if it didn't make sense, i guess what i am trying to say is that if he plays a full season with some quality linemates he will but up a lot of points

Alright, I gotcha. I think you mean 'put' up a lot of points. I agree he has the potential but a full season with Modano will mean that the Stars will have to re-sign him in the summer and they could have done that without giving up a pick since he is a UFA. I guess my point is, is he the guy to help bring home the cup? I look at Gretzky's criticism of him this season and would side with the Great One.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/13/2007 : 11:02:51
sorry if it didn't make sense, i guess what i am trying to say is that if he plays a full season with some quality linemates he will put up a lot of points
admin Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:36:51
I am surprised to see the results so heavily favoring the Stars. If Nagy (a pending UFA or otherwise known as a rental) is worth a first round pick, then I cant wait to see what Forsberg goes for. Remember that anyone can get Nagy for free in the summer.

It is all about rolling the dice on a player this time of year. Nashville spent a 1st rounder on Brendan Witt last deadline and he lasted 5 games, then was Long Island bound. If Nagy helps them get a few rounds deep then I guess it might be worth it. If it were up to me, I would roll the dice on sombody else.
admin Posted - 02/13/2007 : 10:31:54
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:

I am going to say Dallas

I am going to ask why you think Dallas?

well becuz if Nagy plays a full season he will but up them points with some good linemates like Modano,ETC

That doesnt make any sense. Please read over your posts before you hit the button. And try using a spell checker.
Ripley Posted - 02/12/2007 : 22:15:34
Seems to me that it is a good deal for both clubs due to their individual circumstances. Phoenix has begun its firesale with the departure of Nagy and in return they get a first rounder to begin rebuilding. Dallas gets a solid 2nd liner in Nagy who could jump up to the 1st line if needed. Dallas is just shoring up their depth and thinking of the present. Good trade for both. I agree with admin that Tjarnqvist is a throw in.
semin-rules Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:29:51
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

Definatly Stars. Imagine him with Jussi Jokinen and Mike Modano?? Semin-Rules must be going crazy right now.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

You are so right LF man i am thrilled!
Stars are gettin better and better!!

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
Mikhailova Posted - 02/12/2007 : 17:06:43
Dallas got a player from the Coyotes, a struggling team. Phoenix got a player from Dallas, a team who's doing well. One would think because of this I'd say Phoenix, but I actually said Dallas. Nagy is a better player than Tjarnqvist and has more points and more impressive NHL stats in general.
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/12/2007 : 16:38:06
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:

I am going to say Dallas

well becuz if Nagy plays a full season he will but up them points with some good linemates like Modano,ETC
bablaboushka Posted - 02/12/2007 : 16:32:12
I think Dallas got a good playoff-run-type deal, depending of course on who the 1st-rounder ends up being. You might get a Spezza (where the Isles got shafted) or you could end up with a dud. But I think Dallas got some good grit/scoring all in one. I am a little scared for the Sharks.
-oil-country- Posted - 02/12/2007 : 16:24:44
I think Phoenix, ya Nagy is good and much better than Tjarnqvist but Tjarnqvist will get better and the 1st round pick could go a long way.
admin Posted - 02/12/2007 : 16:22:18
quote:

I am going to say Dallas

1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/12/2007 : 15:31:03
I am going to say Dallas
admin Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:55:34
With only 41 points this season Nagy has underacheived for the Great One and since he is UFA in the Summer, they had to move him.

To me, Tjarnqvist seems like a throw in - maybe a salary move as his stats are less than flattering. To give you an idea of his value, he was waived by Dallas earlier this month. Who knows, he might stick on the 4th line in Phoenix. If not then back to the AHL for him.

The first round pick is gold for the Yotes. They are a team that needs to rebuild and no better way to do it than by drafting its own prospects. Dallas should finish in the top 10 in the league so it is a later pick but still a good pick.

I think Phoenix got good value for Nagy.
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/12/2007 : 14:55:09
Definatly Stars. Imagine him with Jussi Jokinen and Mike Modano?? Semin-Rules must be going crazy right now.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page