Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Profitable playoffs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2780 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 16:58:09
I was just recapping all the games in the Bruins Post season and realized that Boston has played or will have played come Monday 13 out of a possible 14 home games this year. I think I remember someone somewhere saying the average playoff gate was 1 million dollars. If thats the case the Bruins couldn;t have done much better. Unfortunately with the cap system they can't use the money for salaries next year. Must just goes into Jacobs pocket.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Beans15 Posted - 06/11/2011 : 05:36:37
I think this depends on the arena. I know when the Oilers were in the finals, the figured discussed was $1 million in profit. However, the Oilers do not own the stadium so they don't get parking, concessions, beer sales, etc.

I would say that stadium owning teams would make more than that.
Guest0763 Posted - 06/11/2011 : 02:41:05
away game profit goes to canuck place charity if i recall.
nuxfan Posted - 06/11/2011 : 00:15:05
there was a bit on CBC the other day that speculated the Canucks stood to double their profit this season, from 20M to 40M, because of the playoffs. The Canucks have played 13 home games so far, so it works out to about 1.3M per game. They will also make an additional ~500K selling out the arena for all their away games in the finals at $10 a pop.

I would be surprised if the Bruins were earning 2-3M per game, their revenue source is probably very similar to the Canucks. But still, no doubting that the playoffs can be profitable.
Guest8149 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 20:57:57
With playoff tickets easily averaging around $100+ per seat in the first round, and escalating each and every round, I speculate that $1 million in profit per playoff game is very very low.

I'm not sure if Boston derives revenues from concessions, tv revenues, parking, etc., but if they do, they are bound to profit by at least $2-3 million per game for each and every playoff game played, which translates into $30-50 million in revenues for Jacobs even if they don't win the cup!

Sure, there are costs incurred in the playoffs, but the biggest cost in the regular season (players' salaries) is negligible. NHL players effectively play for free in the playoffs, which is the greatest bonus to team owners!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page