Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Philadelphia
 Ilya signs with Philly

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
semin-rules Posted - 06/23/2011 : 13:55:20
Looks like the Flyers are set and their goaltending woes are over.
Ilya Bryzgalov signed a 9 year/$51 million contract.

Philly is makin all the moves today!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 06/23/2011 : 14:37:07
5.7M is much more palatable for Bryz - well in line with other top goalies in the league, and allows PHI to build around him. Capgeek has not updated the actual cap hit yet, I would not be surprised to see the hit slightly less than straight-line.

Yeah, I have to assume that Pronger becomes captain now - there was obviously a power-struggle with Richards last year, he should be primed for it. I think the new-look Flyers look pretty good, and are built for the future as well despite giving up arguably their two biggest assets.
Alex116 Posted - 06/23/2011 : 14:16:45
So, does that make it a 5.7 cap hit? Def much better than the 7+ that was being reported (7 years 50 mil). Not much more than the Canucks have with Luongo really but at a cost of moving both Richards and Carter? I'm quite surprised actually, but the Flyers have got some nice new young blood there now. They really will be relying on Giroux to put up similar or better numbers as he did this year! Have they saved enough to be able to keep Leino or will he be "testing the waters" regardless i wonder?

As for the C, i'm guessing it'll be passed on to Pronger unless they decide Giroux or a guy like Van Riemsdyk is deserved of become what could be a long term captain?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page