Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Markov re-ups with Les Habitants

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 06/23/2011 : 17:27:09
Andrei Markove just re upped with the Habs for 3 years at a cap hit of 5.75 million per year,,

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369816

a little pricey i hope they did their homework and know his knee's are 100%.... if he had not been injured for so long this would eb a good contract for him,, but after missing a year a little Pricey

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7752 Posted - 06/27/2011 : 10:13:46
There are two sides to this contract which bring the total up that high for this player.
Some money goes to have him stay in Montreal - other money went to have him NOT GO anywhere else.
Just in case he is as healthy as everyone wishes, and Habs lose him - they are done.
So the contract makes sense in any way you want to read it.
Pasty7 Posted - 06/25/2011 : 09:56:53
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

You gotta think he is healthy but not too healthy. Those kinds of injuries with shorten a career. If he is 32 and only getting a 3 year deal, that tells me that Montreal is not sold on him long term. Considering his immense offensive upside, he should be getting a 6+ year deal. When healthy, Markov is arguable the best offensive defenseman in the game.

I would take a chance on him this year in a pool.

he s good for 60 points on the back end if he plays over 75 games, he was never injury prone before the last two years... but knees are knees who knows if he can stay healthy, but if he can he is worth every penny of this contract,, but if he can`t it hurts the habs huge because they are short one hell of a powerplay qb

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Beans15 Posted - 06/24/2011 : 05:36:45
You gotta think he is healthy but not too healthy. Those kinds of injuries with shorten a career. If he is 32 and only getting a 3 year deal, that tells me that Montreal is not sold on him long term. Considering his immense offensive upside, he should be getting a 6+ year deal. When healthy, Markov is arguable the best offensive defenseman in the game.

I would take a chance on him this year in a pool.
n/a Posted - 06/23/2011 : 21:20:38
Markov will make someone very happy or sad in a draft pool . . . would love if the Habs fans out there could give us any juice on how, exactly, Markov's knees really are?

Knees are . . . integral. Seen many a great hockey player become mediocre after injuries with knees. Markov's upside is so huge though . . . tempting to take him as a top 5 defenceman if healthy.

Need more info!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 06/23/2011 : 21:06:07
Pasty, i was reading the deal would be for 2 years, not 3. I think Montreal would have done everything they could to keep it at 2 but i guess it wasn't happening.

He's been off long enough that his knee(s) have to be as close to 100% as they ever will be. Hopefully for them, that's a lot closer to their original state (pre injury) than the injured state!
MrBoogedy Posted - 06/23/2011 : 20:58:39
could be a good yet risky sleeper pick in my draft.... if i can get him really late i might take a chance.
nuxfan Posted - 06/23/2011 : 17:55:27
that is pricey, I'm surprised to see him get that much, given his injury history - its a gamble. If he plays all 82 games this year, I'm betting that will seem like a steal though, when healthy he's one of the best offensive dmen in the game.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page