Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 Brewer signed by Tampa Bay

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BucketHead Posted - 06/24/2011 : 13:38:03
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369866
4 year 16 million. i like this. Brewer is a solid D-man.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
99pickles Posted - 06/30/2011 : 11:45:52
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

You think Roloson will play those 50, 60 quality starts they'll need?

I doubt it. Rollie the goalie looked great in the playoffs, but I think he'll fall to injuries and ordinary play in the regular season. He's played a lot of hockey, and he's old.

I have to think Yzerman is looking for a good deal on a good young goalie.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Agreed.

There is no way that signing Rolo for a single season is the answer to their goaltending woes.
I also find it strange that they have a significant handful of players yet to be resigned, so I think they will do everything it takes to keep Stamkos.
This all seems to be adding up to a huge trade on the horizon by Tampa, and I wouldn't expect that it'll be Stamkos that gets traded.

n/a Posted - 06/30/2011 : 07:51:19
You think Roloson will play those 50, 60 quality starts they'll need?

I doubt it. Rollie the goalie looked great in the playoffs, but I think he'll fall to injuries and ordinary play in the regular season. He's played a lot of hockey, and he's old.

I have to think Yzerman is looking for a good deal on a good young goalie.

Guest9235 Posted - 06/29/2011 : 23:48:56
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by 99pickles

quote:

quote:

But is a big name going to leave Tampa Bay, that is the question . . .

With a little less than $8M cap space left, I thought they might be fine...until I saw the list of players they have left to sign!! Yikes! They have to let some guys go!

A quick perusal of a different Cap site shows that those figures may be inaccurate....maybe no-one's leaving Tampa after all!

I only said that on account of Lecavalier getting shopped last year - they may be ok for cap, actually, you are right.

They still desperately need a goalie. Vokoun may or may not be that guy for Stevie Y, and who knows, they might opt to trade Lecavalier and pick up some young goalies and additional scoring punch.

I had totally forgotten that Brewer had been traded to TB at the deadline, lol, so I guess it was more of a re-signing. Good depth signing.

But the way Stevie Y first made an impact with the Bolts, I have to think there are more moves ahead. He seems very proactive as a GM.

They have Roloson for another year, so goaltending is probably good for now. Stamkos is probably their biggest issue this offseason
99pickles Posted - 06/29/2011 : 16:57:54
There certainly appears to be a lot more activity on the horizon!
n/a Posted - 06/25/2011 : 06:51:26
quote:

quote:

quote:

With a little less than $8M cap space left, I thought they might be fine...until I saw the list of players they have left to sign!! Yikes! They have to let some guys go!

A quick perusal of a different Cap site shows that those figures may be inaccurate....maybe no-one's leaving Tampa after all!

I only said that on account of Lecavalier getting shopped last year - they may be ok for cap, actually, you are right.

They still desperately need a goalie. Vokoun may or may not be that guy for Stevie Y, and who knows, they might opt to trade Lecavalier and pick up some young goalies and additional scoring punch.

I had totally forgotten that Brewer had been traded to TB at the deadline, lol, so I guess it was more of a re-signing. Good depth signing.

But the way Stevie Y first made an impact with the Bolts, I have to think there are more moves ahead. He seems very proactive as a GM.

99pickles Posted - 06/24/2011 : 18:03:18
quote:

quote:

99pickles Posted - 06/24/2011 : 17:58:22
quote:

n/a Posted - 06/24/2011 : 16:33:20
Very good pick up, for a decent price too! Stevie Y is really changing things around there.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page