Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best Dangler

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
-oil-country- Posted - 02/14/2007 : 20:00:52
Who is the best Dangler in the NHL? (not in shootouts)
26   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ultimatetitman Posted - 02/28/2007 : 21:21:45
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4401

[quote]Originally posted by Guest4306

Good poll.. theres so many good players to choose from.. Forsberg in his prime was by far the best.. but you can't take anything away from Pavel Datsyuk who is probably the best dangler in the NHL right now.

In his prime, Denis Savard would have skated circles around Forsberg.
Great question Oil, one that could be debated for hours. Out west we don't get to see Ovechkin much, but I'd have to say he's up there. Gee... anyone remember a certain goal last year?
Jagr was the best, but has faded a little... so I think I will vote for Ovi-wan
Guest4401 Posted - 02/28/2007 : 21:20:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4306

Good poll.. theres so many good players to choose from.. Forsberg in his prime was by far the best.. but you can't take anything away from Pavel Datsyuk who is probably the best dangler in the NHL right now.

In his prime, Denis Savard would have skated circles around Forsberg.
Great question Oil, one that could be debated for hours. Out west we don't get to see Ovechkin much, but I'd have to say he's up there. Gee... anyone remember a certain goal last year?
Jagr was the best, but has faded a little... so I think I will vote for Ovi-wan
leafsfan_101 Posted - 02/19/2007 : 18:21:48
It has to be Datsyuk in my opinion. He has a large supply of tricks in his arsenal and even has the guts to use them.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Guest4306 Posted - 02/17/2007 : 19:16:26
Guest7083 Posted - 02/17/2007 : 19:05:29
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Who is the best Dangler in the NHL? (not in shootouts)

Afinogenov. Seems like the puck doesn't wanna leave his stick.
Canucks Man Posted - 02/17/2007 : 17:01:35
The thing about hemsky is u can have all the moves u want but it doesnt matter if u have no finish

CANUCKS RULE!!
semin-rules Posted - 02/17/2007 : 15:41:13
quote:
Originally posted by lyall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXR_in-ZIRA
Here are some sweet Hemsky plays. he doesn't score on some of the first ones, but his puck handing is awsome.

Those are some pretty nice moves

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
lyall Posted - 02/17/2007 : 12:51:29
Hemsky is #1 on this list. lol
Beans15 Posted - 02/17/2007 : 12:06:22
That's why Hemsky is not #1 on this list. His moves are absolutely amazing, but he doesn't finish like Datyuk or Forsberg.
lyall Posted - 02/17/2007 : 10:40:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXR_in-ZIRA
Here are some sweet Hemsky plays. he doesn't score on some of the first ones, but his puck handing is awsome.
Azeman Posted - 02/17/2007 : 06:29:05
Datzuyk is just the best dangler; he also has a huge talent when it comes to shootouts. If you watch him in a shootout, almost all of his moves are nuts

GO WINGS GO!!!!
bablaboushka Posted - 02/16/2007 : 17:43:48
He did that exact same move to Turco during a game the year before. It's all over YouTube so it shouldn't be too hard to find.
semin-rules Posted - 02/16/2007 : 14:36:42
Yeah i agree with Beans...
Datsyuk is the best dangler right now

Did you see the goal he did against Nashville?
It's sick!!

Here it is....

(It's a shootout though...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmJsuHCwFSQ

~~~~~GO STARS~~~~~
KariyaSelanne Posted - 02/16/2007 : 13:13:56
I said other for Teemu Selanne, he's a good dangler.

Go Preds Go!!!
Guest7170 Posted - 02/16/2007 : 11:57:51
How about Gaborik? He's got mad skills when he's not injured.
Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2007 : 09:04:32
I would say Forsberg or Datsyuk.

However, watching Hemsky as much as I do, he is amazing. Something to be said when a guy like Jagr tells the coach of his country that he has to put Hemsky on the team. Jagr said that Hemsky is the most talented player he has every played with. Pretty big words considering he played with Mario, Francis, Messier, and many other superstars.

Hemsky is not today, but will be a top 10 player in the league. Mark my words!

PS- Who ever said he needs to shoot more is absolutely right!
I HATE CROSBY Posted - 02/15/2007 : 21:09:35
It's a joke having crosby on that list...Say what you will, he is moderatly electrifying at best...His style of play is NOT edge of your seat stuff...He's not that fast, his goals are typically garbage, or fake diving shots(well, he hasn't scored in 10 games ahhahahah), good for him and his passes...His plays aren't typically the type you talk about the next day...Datsyuk is really fun to watch.....I miss Bure though, I wish he would have gotten a chance to be in the shootouts. Remember that goal againts the Bruins he got (while with the nucks)? Wow....

I HATE CROSBY
-oil-country- Posted - 02/15/2007 : 17:11:13
ya that's what i meant Leigh and i completely forgot about Connoly he is sick too, all those guys that you guys listed were also good except for Elias i don't think he's that good.
leigh Posted - 02/15/2007 : 12:07:21
quote:
Originally posted by pucker

I would say Forsberg. He has such great control of the puck and with his size, it is almost impossible to take it way from him.

Side note: I remember on one of Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em videos that he said most people get it wrong and that the dangle is about the players ability to skate fast. Anyone else remember this?

Ya, I'd like to revise my vote. I agree with Pucker, Forsberg.

I heard that but as long as I can remember growing up, we always meant "soft hands". You know...hold out the carrot then take it away. OC is that what you meant in this poll?
pucker Posted - 02/15/2007 : 11:19:44
I would say Forsberg. He has such great control of the puck and with his size, it is almost impossible to take it way from him.

Side note: I remember on one of Don Cherry's Rock'em Sock'em videos that he said most people get it wrong and that the dangle is about the players ability to skate fast. Anyone else remember this?
leigh Posted - 02/15/2007 : 11:17:09
I'd love to say Hemsky because he really has some soft hands but his finish is not there yet. It will be eventually, but I think he needs to try shooting once in a while too. But out of this list I'd have to say Hossa or Crosby.

Honorable mentions: Both Sedins have pretty nice moves too but they don't have the speed (and I wonder how good they'd be independently) And Alex Kovalev could probably out stickhandle any one on this list. Jagr is sick too.
portman21 Posted - 02/15/2007 : 09:13:38
i voted other... i'd have to say patrick elias... just watchin him when he "wants" to play haha like playoffs last season, his hands were ridiculous

Take care comb your hair
Canucks Man Posted - 02/14/2007 : 23:09:37
I think Kovalchuk is up there, i saw him live last weekend in vancouver and he was crazy, if it wasnt for Luongo Kovalchuk could have had easily 4 goals

CANUCKS RULE!!
1 Crosby fan Posted - 02/14/2007 : 22:25:09
I agree with Babs on this one Man One of his goals in the shoot-out last year was awesome
bablaboushka Posted - 02/14/2007 : 20:51:25
Pavel Datsyuk has to be the best stickhandler/puck controller in the game. He makes it look so easy.

Another player that deserves to be up here but most have forgotten about because of his injury is Tim Connolly. That guy has mad moves and I love watching him play. I hope he comes back soon, I couldn't imagine what he could do in the shootout.
-oil-country- Posted - 02/14/2007 : 20:03:02
I say Ales Hemsky cause i see him dangling players game in and game out, I also don't watch much hockey other than Edmonton,Calgary,Vancouver and whatever's on CBC so i don't see much of Ovechkin,Kovalchuk,Hossa,Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page