Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best offseason

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 14:34:50
Which team has done the most to improve since the end of the season?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
99pickles Posted - 07/24/2011 : 16:19:12
I had a difficult time deciding between Columbus and Florida as both have the combination of having to make it to the cap floor as well as already finishing quite low last year. That is a recipe for a big jump.

Well, here's an interesting observation...the salary cap prevents teams from completely bottoming out as they are forced to find someone, at the very least, to spend their money on!
Therefore, the salary floor has significantly helped maintain league parity/mediocrity/boredom in it's attempt to keep teams honest in the area of money spending! If anyone on here is going for their Master's in Sports Management, feel free to examine this dynamic as your thesis!
I, for one, almost wish the salary floor was lower so that some teams could truly bottom out and, secondarily, cause renewed higher scoring as modern-day Bobby Orrs dismantle modern-day Oakland Seals!!
ryan93 Posted - 07/23/2011 : 15:52:59
I see Columbus added Vinny Prospal today. I really like the pieces that they have added this summer. While i'm not really a fan of either the Wisniewski or Carter contracts, there is no denying they make CBJ a much better team. And watching Prospal up close the past two seasons, he still has a lot of hockey left in him. I was hoping the Rangers would be able to keep him as he had good chemistry with Gaborik, and also with Richards in the past...and after missing a huge portion of last season, he was the Rangers best forward down the stretch after he returned to the line-up. He's a versatile player who can play any forward position, and he's a great leader.
Guest4271 Posted - 07/20/2011 : 03:22:15
I like what Buffalo has done, can't believe I wrote that, but they spent some money to get deeper and they have a world class goalie. Roy comes back and Vanek has a huge year.

Buffalo is the sleeper and most improved this coming year.
nuxfan Posted - 07/19/2011 : 09:05:29
I will have an answer ready in April 2012.
Guest4312 Posted - 07/19/2011 : 07:11:29
definitely florida ... they went from an ahl team with vokoun to one that could be a playoff bubble nhl team without him
ToXXiK1 Posted - 07/18/2011 : 21:08:16
Philly IMO......... but Boston will be ready for 'em
Oilearl Posted - 07/07/2011 : 07:36:57
Nice one Semin lmao!!!!

Too true
semin-rules Posted - 07/07/2011 : 01:50:40
Technically Winnipeg has become the most improved..
they didn't really have ANYBODY till this year
MrBoogedy Posted - 07/07/2011 : 00:12:20
I think Philly is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.
Oilearl Posted - 07/06/2011 : 22:51:11
I like the moves Buffalo made they will be stronger next year in both ends, and they always were a threat before with Miller in goal!!!

Sensfan101 Posted - 07/06/2011 : 14:43:05
I really like what Washington has done this summer. They added nice role players such as Ward, Hamirlik, Halpern, and Brouwer. They also got a legitmet starting goalie in Voukon for only 1.5 million. One of their best moves was trading Varlamov to Colorado for a 1st and 2nd round pick. The first rounder will probabely end up being a top ten pick.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page