Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Bryan Murray extension

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 13:46:22
Bryan Murray has signed a three year extension to stay in Ottawa as the Gm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361371

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 09/19/2011 : 11:33:54
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Yes Bryan Murray has made some bad signings and trades (Kovalev, Gonchar, Leclaire) but he has also made some good trades like picking up Sutton and Cullen for the playoff run last year or getting Anderson for Elliot. He is also been an amazing drafter in his years as Gm and has done a pretty good job during the rebuild.

Hindsight is 20/20. Gonchar was a quarterback of the #1 powerplay and one of the most offensive threats in Pittsburg. Always on my hockey pool roster prior to his signing in Ottawa. Kovalev was inconsistant but deadly with the Rangers, Montreal and Pittsburg, like Gonchar just not in stellar Ottawa. Leclair looked like a great pickup and the final piece for a team who struggled in goal in the Stanely Cup finals. You cant blame a GM for strange freak injuries. He got hit in the eye why riding the bench at a game. There was little time for him to establish his game in Ottawa. In Columbus he looked stellar in front of that mediocre team. Why wouldn't you seek him if you thought you could trade for him. I'll bet with a little luck and a new team you will see him as a starter or a #1 in the future.
Beans15 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 17:54:46
Bryan Murray is no fluke. The guy has done more in hockey than most realize. Anyone know he is a Jack Adams winner and the 5th coach in history of his 600 wins?? He has been the GM of Detroit, Florida(taking them to the Finals), Anaheim (taking them to the Finals), and Ottawa (taking them to the Finals).

How many GM's in history have taken 3 different teams to the Finals???

As far as bad signings, every GM has had some. You could look through the history of the NHL and there is not a single GM who doesn't have any bad signings.
Sensfan101 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 07:33:39
Yes Bryan Murray has made some bad signings and trades (Kovalev, Gonchar, Leclaire) but he has also made some good trades like picking up Sutton and Cullen for the playoff run last year or getting Anderson for Elliot. He is also been an amazing drafter in his years as Gm and has done a pretty good job during the rebuild.

Guest3374 Posted - 04/09/2011 : 06:31:42
Hasn't anyone else noticed this..? Ever since Brian Murray took over as GM they have gotten worse and worse... Yes, they did make it to the cup final, but they did that with the team that Brian Murray inherited from John Muckler... Wow, Sens owner really has his head up his a@#
Guest4278 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 21:14:42
quote:
Originally posted by Sensfan101

Bryan Murray has signed a three year extension to stay in Ottawa as the Gm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361371

From what I hear in Ottawa, I thought he was the problem by signing bad UFAs to the team. Then proceeded to trade away what was valuable for a rebuild. Sens fan can you explain this because none of this makes any sense. I guess your coach is a goner, then if they keep the GM. Something gotta change right?
doublechamp7 Posted - 04/08/2011 : 13:54:14
Well, I guess he started the rebuild so they might as well let him continue...

Bring back the Jets!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page