Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Yammy Jagr - 2011/12 Points Total

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ToXXiK1 Posted - 10/06/2011 : 08:45:04
Well, he's back! What's your prediction for Jaromir Jagr's point total this regular season?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 12/30/2011 : 15:58:09
I too took Jagr in Giroux in the same pool, and along with Toews and both Hall and Eberle, have been the main reasons I'm at the top, nearly 50 points clear of second.

At the time I took Jagr, I didn't expect more than 55 pts from him for the season (and that still may hold true, you never know what might happen injury-wise), and was not aware that he'd be on a line with Giroux. They have been one of the best 1-2 punches in the NHL this year, up with the Sedin's.
Beans15 Posted - 12/30/2011 : 11:27:03
I took Giroux in the 2nd round of my draft, snagged Jagr in the 7th, Selanne in the 8th, and RNH in the 14th and final round. Currently 25 pts clear of 2nd place.

Jagr is more surprising to me than Giroux is but as I have them both in my pool so it is a pleasant surprise.
n/a Posted - 12/30/2011 : 07:38:42
Agreed, Ryan. And really, can we also add that he has also been a big factor in the continuing emergence of Claude Giroux as the #1 superstar player in Philly? That for me has been the real surprise . . . there has been absolutely no "riding on someone's coattails" by Jagr at all, and I haven't seen him floating yet.

So far in 32 games: 12 goals, 19 assists, 31 pts, and a +12.

Impressive to say the least, and so far above even my expectations, which were higher than many. Of course, we could still see a 'tail of', but it's highly unlikely that it will be that dramatic barring injury, considering all of the offensive weapons on Philly, and it's certainly not a one line team.

Jagr easily looks like a 75 point player right now. What I am really looking out for from him is the playoffs . . . for future playoff pools, he'd be one of of the top picks for me.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
ryan93 Posted - 12/29/2011 : 18:04:17
While i still expected Jagr to be a good player, i didn't think he would have quite as much impact as he has. Pretty well every Flyers game i've watched this season, Jagr has stood out. In the game against the Rangers last week...the Rangers won the game 4-1, but i thought Jagr was the most dangerous player on the ice, in particular in the 3rd period. While he may have been held off the scoresheet, there were stretches in the 3rd that Jagr dominated. Pretty impressive for a soon to be 40 year old who's 3 years removed from his last NHL duty.
Pasty7 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 21:26:40
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9854

are you guys outta your mind, he's like 94 and has no support from his team. 40 max

No support form a team picked to finish in the top 5 of the conference from every exprert?

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Guest7742 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 16:58:42
i donno about no support... claude giroux, JVR, danny briere are all good players
Guest9854 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 09:35:33
are you guys outta your mind, he's like 94 and has no support from his team. 40 max
Beans15 Posted - 10/08/2011 : 07:21:44
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

He'll end up top ten in scoring barring injury. 75-90 points.
He's that talented.

I agree that he is that talented and looking at Selanne and what he has done recently the age thing is less relevant. Jagr at the World Championships last year was inspired and played excellent hockey.

I think the true indicator of how productive he will be is that inspiration. If he has a chip on his shoulder and he wants to prove all of those teams wrong who would not give him more than a 1 year deal when he left to the KHL than he will score in piles. If he is only back for the paycheck, he will still score but in smaller piles.

I would not be surprised to see an inspired 90 pt Jagr but I am expecting to see a slightly inspired 65ish points out of him
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 10/07/2011 : 22:26:13
While I don't see him as a point a game player anymore, I can see a decent 60 point season if he stays healthy for 75 plus games.
Guest9952 Posted - 10/07/2011 : 20:00:40
Jagr is a point a game player throughout his career ( roughly ) hell be sitting around 80 barring injury ( age )
fanoleaf Posted - 10/06/2011 : 19:50:55
I believe that he will come out putting up very good numbers. As long as they can keep him happy he should do well.
willus3 Posted - 10/06/2011 : 18:52:49
He'll end up top ten in scoring barring injury. 75-90 points.
He's that talented.

admin Posted - 10/06/2011 : 13:53:21
Good Poll idea Toxxik1. I've adjusted poll options to offfer some more viable options and posted iton the home page as the feature poll. Thanks for the contribution.
Guest4178 Posted - 10/06/2011 : 11:05:54
I agree with Slozo about the extra categories. Adding 60-70 points or 70-80 points would have been good options.

I'm not sure if the pollster meant "runaway points leader" for his team or the league, but I would have to assume the former.

I don't think you will find too many people picking Jagr to finish in the top 10 in NHL scoring, and the 50-60 mark seems to be the most popular choice, at least so far.

In my pool, Jagr went 76th (my pick), which I think is a bit of a steal. In this particular pool, it is just points (no other tricks), so based on last year's stats, I think Jagr has a good opportunity to eclipse the 53 points tallied by the player who finished in 76th place last season.

But it's worth noting that the difference between finishing 76th and finishing 40th or 50th is less than 10 points.

Using last year's stats, here are the points tallied at each level:

~ 30th place: 66 points
~ 40th place: 62 points
~ 50th place: 59 points
~ 60th place: 57 points
~ 70th place: 55 points
~ 80th place: 53 points

Not a big difference in points between 30th - 80th. While I predict Jagr to be in the 60-70 point range this season, he could very well finish around a point a game. He averaged a point-a-game in the KHL the last three seasons, but the KHL is not the NHL.

In his last three seasons in the NHL, Jagr's production slipped from 123 points to 96 points to 71 points. The good thing about Jagr is that he's sturdy. In his last three seasons in the NHL, he didn't miss even one game.

n/a Posted - 10/06/2011 : 10:35:34
So, one can vote "50-60 points", and vote "runaway points leader", but has no option for anythign in between?

Assuming "runaway points leader" mean the points leader for his team in Philly . . . is the assumption now that the offence will be so anemic in Philadelphia, that a player with more than 60 points will run away with the points lead?!?

One would think that Briere and Giroux might have something to say about that, no?

But enough poking fun at badly worded polls - I think Jaromir Jagr looks good (had an impressive pre-season where he loked very skilled and motivated, particularly on the power play), and can get over 60 points, probably under 70 points.

However, he won't the runaway leader in points . . . in fact, I predict he'll be third.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page