Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Who is your favorite canuck

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6817 Posted - 06/23/2011 : 19:04:06
[ Cory schnieder roberto luongo Eddie lack Kevin bieksa or alex burrows
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest1763 Posted - 10/22/2011 : 16:50:17
Byron Bitz
Guest2387 Posted - 10/19/2011 : 12:04:49
Dana Murzen! JK....Actually Bure. Linden was good as a leader and a workhorse and all, but Bure was the player that got everyone out of their seats. Definitely Bure!
Guest8384 Posted - 10/19/2011 : 11:52:59
That guy throwing the molotov cocktails after they won the cup (oops I keep forgetting they didn't win, because they have won so often) had a pretty good arm. He would have to be my favorite.

How many Canucks does it take to lift the Stanley Cup?

Nobody knows
MrBoogedy Posted - 10/18/2011 : 22:38:08
Jan Bulis!!!!
Guest0543 Posted - 10/18/2011 : 18:25:39
open your eyes lol jk..... my pick is the all time player for vancouver TREVOR LINDEN
Statman Posted - 10/18/2011 : 18:19:49
There are many reasons why Trevor Linden has the status he does. A heart and soul western Canadian boy that carried the team for a long period of time when they had little success before his arrival.

But things always look better when viewed through the passage of time. The Sedins will earn their place among the most beloved Canucks over the next few years. They have only recently hit their stride. The fact that they want to stay together makes them more likely than other players to remain in the same spot and if they stay as Canucks for the next decade and continue to put up these sick numbers, the next generation of Canuck fans will know the Sedins to be the franchise heroes.
Alex116 Posted - 10/18/2011 : 11:12:26
Now, having said all this, IF the Sedin's had delivered the cup last year, or they do in the future, this opinion could change and Daniel and Henrik may just become all time fav's for many, especially the younger generation who missed the Bure, Linden, Smyl, etc eras......
nuxfan Posted - 10/18/2011 : 10:25:33
quote:

They came out of nowhere, and were immediately top attractions.
No one in Canuck history got that much attention within such a short period of time.

They didn't come out of nowhere - it just seemed like it when they made it to the national spotlight during the playoff run. Those that go to games regularly have been seeing them sporadically for the past 18 months or so.

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

I'm sure non Canucks fans are shocked the Sedin's get very little love, however, that's the way it is. I think for a lot of Canucks fans, it took them so long to become what they are that not many really got hooked on them? It's a tough deal, but i really think that's what it became. Too many expected too much too early and then when they finally became who they are today, it was too late. Don't get me wrong, the Nux faithful love them, but to love them more than a guy like Bure or Linden, etc is not as shocking to me as it prob is to some ont he outside looking in.

Yeah, I have to agree with this - if you're a long-time Canucks fan, 1 player will usually overshadow all other current or past players: Trevor Linden. During his time here he was the undisputed leader of the team both on and off the ice, he was synonymous with Vancouver, and played with heart and soul that has not been matched since - not by the Sedin's, Naslund, Luongo, no one. His long tenure, combined with his attachment to the team and the city, will endear him to fans for years to come.

Bure and Mogilny were exciting players to watch. Naslund was the quiet leader that could score as well. The Sedin's are scoring machines and a dream to watch. None of them were ever what Linden was to this team.
Guest7752 Posted - 10/18/2011 : 05:51:47
My favorite Canuck has to be a pair - not a single person...
And NOT the twins either.
My vote goes to the GREEN MEN.
They came out of nowhere, and were immediately top attractions.
No one in Canuck history got that much attention within such a short period of time.
Alex116 Posted - 10/17/2011 : 22:58:48
Go Habs Go....

I'm sure non Canucks fans are shocked the Sedin's get very little love, however, that's the way it is. I think for a lot of Canucks fans, it took them so long to become what they are that not many really got hooked on them? It's a tough deal, but i really think that's what it became. Too many expected too much too early and then when they finally became who they are today, it was too late. Don't get me wrong, the Nux faithful love them, but to love them more than a guy like Bure or Linden, etc is not as shocking to me as it prob is to some ont he outside looking in.
Guest6595 Posted - 10/17/2011 : 10:43:01
trevor linden.
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 10/17/2011 : 07:50:24
No Sedin fans ?

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Guest0868 Posted - 10/16/2011 : 21:26:39
I can't believe that Stan Smyl hasn't received a single vote! "Steamer" and Linden are both revered in this town.

Currently my vote would go to Edler.
ryan93 Posted - 10/16/2011 : 11:47:40
Pavel Bure would be my all-time favorite Canuck as well. He was such an electrifying player to watch. Easily one of the most entertaining players i've seen.

I was ecstatic when i found out he had been traded to the Rangers! And right out of the gate, he certainly didn't disappoint. In the 12 games following the deadline deal, Bure scored 12 goals & 20 points! The buzz in the off-season was all about how many goals Bure would be able to put up in a full season, and whether he could break Graves franchise record...unfortunately we never got to find out as he was limited to just 39 games, which would be his last...such a shame!
n/a Posted - 10/16/2011 : 11:21:02
quote:
Yeah, clearly the original comment was from someone who never followed Messier's shameful act in Vancouver. Selfish...hmm, took a huge paycheck, then had them take the only "retired" number out of the rafters to put on his back [who had to ask Wayne Maki's family if they could sacrifice this honour to pacify Messier's ego?], then they took the "C" off the most revered player to ever wear a Canuck's jersey to put on his front, then he treated the fans to the spectacle of watching him skate two steps behind every player with his stick hooking them from behind until he cashed his last Vancouver paycheque. The real shame was that after his contract was over and he went back to New York, he suddenly learned how to skate again.

His publicist may have nurtured the myth of "the greatest leader in the history of hockey" but fans in Vancouver know the truth: A true leader would have sacrificed his ego for the team, led from behind with an "A" on his chest, and honoured the memory of the team's past by wearing another number.

Had he and Keenan chosen not to destroy the soul of the team but supplemented it, there would indeed have been championships and not the abject failure which continued until they both left.

100% agree with this, and this is one of the many reasons I don't value Messier as high as others. I guess his "me-#1" attitude fit well in New York, where this is some kind of sign of a 'somebody' . . . but the whole number of Maki thing was classless, full stop. The Canucks bestowing the captaincy on him may not have been fully his idea, but . . . even that was not handled in a classy way.

Linden was a Canuck I respected, but never a "favourite" player of mine. Same with Naslund - I respected his skill, but he didn't do anything for me.

But Bure? Pavel was a guy who got you out of your seat. He was the most skilled sniper of his time, and in terms of skill, was easily top ten all time in my books. I always wanted to watch him . . . even when he was on Florida, if you can believe it.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Ripley Posted - 10/16/2011 : 00:33:01
Guest 4766. Please sign up. Nice post.
Guest4766 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 12:05:44
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest7601

Mark Messier. He was a machine but he was given a crap team. A few selfish wannabes spoiled what should have been a Stanley Cup era lead by the greatest leader in all of sport.

Oh my.....i just threw up in my mouth while reading this.

Don't get me wrong, Messier is one of the all time greats. But his time in Vancouver? Even for his biggest fans, it had to be disappointing!

Yeah, clearly the original comment was from someone who never followed Messier's shameful act in Vancouver. Selfish...hmm, took a huge paycheck, then had them take the only "retired" number out of the rafters to put on his back [who had to ask Wayne Maki's family if they could sacrifice this honour to pacify Messier's ego?], then they took the "C" off the most revered player to ever wear a Canuck's jersey to put on his front, then he treated the fans to the spectacle of watching him skate two steps behind every player with his stick hooking them from behind until he cashed his last Vancouver paycheque. The real shame was that after his contract was over and he went back to New York, he suddenly learned how to skate again.

His publicist may have nurtured the myth of "the greatest leader in the history of hockey" but fans in Vancouver know the truth: A true leader would have sacrificed his ego for the team, led from behind with an "A" on his chest, and honoured the memory of the team's past by wearing another number.

Had he and Keenan chosen not to destroy the soul of the team but supplemented it, there would indeed have been championships and not the abject failure which continued until they both left.
Guest7601 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 11:30:36
so many names an zero information or reasoning to support this. BORING! Put some editorialization behind your comments people!
Guest4038 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 10:25:45
Trevor Linden
Sensfan101 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 10:19:39
Currently Kieth Ballard all time Shane O Brien

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Alex116 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 10:13:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7601

Mark Messier. He was a machine but he was given a crap team. A few selfish wannabes spoiled what should have been a Stanley Cup era lead by the greatest leader in all of sport.

Oh my.....i just threw up in my mouth while reading this.

Don't get me wrong, Messier is one of the all time greats. But his time in Vancouver? Even for his biggest fans, it had to be disappointing!

Guest7601 Posted - 10/15/2011 : 08:16:54
Guest3396 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 22:47:38
quote:
Originally posted by Oilearl

no such thing

i agree
Guest3396 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 22:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by Oilearl

no such thing

i agree
Guest6850 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 11:24:57
Currently: Gotta go with Kesler...
All time: Babych's mustache....pretty sure it earned its own salary...
Guest4684 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 11:08:26
Rick Rypien baby he was the Man with a Mission..
Oilearl Posted - 10/14/2011 : 10:46:55
no such thing
n/a Posted - 10/14/2011 : 09:06:10
Pavel Bure.

No one else since then.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest7852 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 09:04:07
mats sundin
Guest5117 Posted - 10/14/2011 : 07:37:56
Ever -> Markus Naslund
Currently -> Ryan Kesler

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page