Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 The Kid Line

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BucketHead Posted - 10/27/2011 : 23:22:49
9 games in and Hall, Eberle, and RNH are all a PPG players.
How long will it last where atleast one of them gets a point.
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BucketHead Posted - 11/19/2011 : 20:51:12
RNH is back to a point a game and they still have a period to go, nice.
Guest5372 Posted - 11/04/2011 : 15:51:30
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Gagner is a stump. He is the best player on the ice for a few games and then disappears for weeks at a time. He is weak in the face off circle and far, far, far below average defensively.

Frankly, he is the odd man out in Edmonton. Unless he can prove he can be a #2 centre he should be traded for value today. He is a very nice cap hit at $2.3 million and is an RFA next season which means arbitration protection.

I would love to see Gagner moved for a defesemen. He could turn out to be a great player but he has not shown it to me consistently enough and the Oilers have forwards to burn at the moment.

really a 22 year old who has scored 40 points or more in every nhl season!
Alex116 Posted - 11/04/2011 : 11:59:23
quote:
Originally posted by CrockOShight

The Oil.

I keep hearing the question, "yes, but will the Oilers make the playoffs this year?"

Guys, this team is going to make the playoffs. In fact, they are going to win their division, finish 3rd in the conference, and make a Cup run this year. Yes, you heard it here. From crazy-ol' Kessel-crazy CrockOShight.

They have all the elements:
Enthusiastic rookie scoring
A solid core of veteran players
A solid goaltender with a chip on his shoulder
I should add a goaltender who already has a Cup
Tough players to help in those tough games (Sutton, R. Jones, T. Peckham)
Some Cap Space to solidify a position
A solid third line (who said they didn't have a third line?). Sam Gagner, Ben Eager and Magnus Paarjarvi is a solid third line).

A Cause. This is a big reason. Ryan Smyth is back. No one in the league deserves a Cup more than Ryan Smyth. Veteran leadership and accountability stands for a lot during the playoffs especially. Every Cup team in the past 100 years has rallied behind a sturdy veteran. Ryan Smyth is back, he wants it, he's leading the team. He will not let anything but 100% from everyone of his teammates every single night. He is a leader. They will rally behind him. A HUGE pick-up for the Oilers.

The Defensive core is a bit of a concern. However, Potter is a huge bonus. Smid is a shot-blocking machine and is a very solid 3rd D. I think that Barker and Sutton are huge pick-ups - those two have been there before and know how to push hard. Even Tom Gilbert is playing well right where he should be: 5th D. Peckham is a player whom nobody wants to play against. Ryan Whitney is still injured. Plus, as mentioned, they have room to make a move to pick up that solid 4th or 5th D which would put them over the top.

Ales Hemsky is injured too. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing at this point. But, The Oil have a PPG player waiting in the wings.

These Kids are mature. You can see it in their work ethnic. Hall and The Nuge get a lot of credit; but in my opinion, Eberle is the one to watch.

Ryan Jones is also a fantastic player. Watch for him in May. He's going to be a big playoff performer.

Horcoff and Smyth are back and rejuvenated. You all remember '06. Horcoff was a beast in the playoffs. Put him in the right situation - a 2nd line face-off, veteran, defensive centre - and he's right where he should be. His drop off in the last few years is because he was in on the wrong situations. He is perfect where he is with Smyth and Jones.

Tom Renney is a great coach. They have a solid group around them.

In short, The Oil have all of the elements here boys. We are watching something beautiful in the making here. The Oil are for real. Making the playoffs for sure. As I said, I think they are making a Cup run this year. We are watching Cinderella.

Wow! Slow down there pal! You may just be getting a little ahead of yourself! You're starting to sound like a Leaf fan after their team starts a season 3 and 0!

"Ryan Jones is also a fantastic player. Watch for him in May. He's going to be a big playoff performer."

What're you, a frickin' genie or something?

Enjoy their early success, and yes, they may just make the playoffs, but to go out on a limb this early and say top 3 in the conference and division winner is, well, very much a big bag of optimism! Not saying it "can't" happen, but......

Sheesh, next thing you're gonna tell us, is they're gonna face the Leafs in the final?

Anyway, don't trip on the glass slipper as you run out to buy your playoff tickets.
CrockOShight Posted - 11/04/2011 : 11:17:32
The Oil.

I keep hearing the question, "yes, but will the Oilers make the playoffs this year?"

Guys, this team is going to make the playoffs. In fact, they are going to win their division, finish 3rd in the conference, and make a Cup run this year. Yes, you heard it here. From crazy-ol' Kessel-crazy CrockOShight.

They have all the elements:
Enthusiastic rookie scoring
A solid core of veteran players
A solid goaltender with a chip on his shoulder
I should add a goaltender who already has a Cup
Tough players to help in those tough games (Sutton, R. Jones, T. Peckham)
Some Cap Space to solidify a position
A solid third line (who said they didn't have a third line?). Sam Gagner, Ben Eager and Magnus Paarjarvi is a solid third line).

A Cause. This is a big reason. Ryan Smyth is back. No one in the league deserves a Cup more than Ryan Smyth. Veteran leadership and accountability stands for a lot during the playoffs especially. Every Cup team in the past 100 years has rallied behind a sturdy veteran. Ryan Smyth is back, he wants it, he's leading the team. He will not let anything but 100% from everyone of his teammates every single night. He is a leader. They will rally behind him. A HUGE pick-up for the Oilers.

The Defensive core is a bit of a concern. However, Potter is a huge bonus. Smid is a shot-blocking machine and is a very solid 3rd D. I think that Barker and Sutton are huge pick-ups - those two have been there before and know how to push hard. Even Tom Gilbert is playing well right where he should be: 5th D. Peckham is a player whom nobody wants to play against. Ryan Whitney is still injured. Plus, as mentioned, they have room to make a move to pick up that solid 4th or 5th D which would put them over the top.

Ales Hemsky is injured too. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing at this point. But, The Oil have a PPG player waiting in the wings.

These Kids are mature. You can see it in their work ethnic. Hall and The Nuge get a lot of credit; but in my opinion, Eberle is the one to watch.

Ryan Jones is also a fantastic player. Watch for him in May. He's going to be a big playoff performer.

Horcoff and Smyth are back and rejuvenated. You all remember '06. Horcoff was a beast in the playoffs. Put him in the right situation - a 2nd line face-off, veteran, defensive centre - and he's right where he should be. His drop off in the last few years is because he was in on the wrong situations. He is perfect where he is with Smyth and Jones.

Tom Renney is a great coach. They have a solid group around them.

In short, The Oil have all of the elements here boys. We are watching something beautiful in the making here. The Oil are for real. Making the playoffs for sure. As I said, I think they are making a Cup run this year. We are watching Cinderella.

Alex116 Posted - 11/04/2011 : 10:25:23
quote:

I would love to see Gagner moved for a defesemen. He could turn out to be a great player but he has not shown it to me consistently enough and the Oilers have forwards to burn at the moment.

C'mon Beans, take off the Oil stained glasses for a minute. NO WAY is Colorado gonna give you Shane O'Brien for Gagner!!!

That is what you were implying, right?
nuxfan Posted - 11/04/2011 : 09:10:52
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

you know i just realized Sam Gagner is 22 , this guy could still develop into a 70 point player maybe more maybe a bit less

He could...in the AHL or Europe.
Beans15 Posted - 11/04/2011 : 08:07:03
Gagner is a stump. He is the best player on the ice for a few games and then disappears for weeks at a time. He is weak in the face off circle and far, far, far below average defensively.

Frankly, he is the odd man out in Edmonton. Unless he can prove he can be a #2 centre he should be traded for value today. He is a very nice cap hit at $2.3 million and is an RFA next season which means arbitration protection.

Pasty7 Posted - 11/04/2011 : 05:35:33
you know i just realized Sam Gagner is 22 , this guy could still develop into a 70 point player maybe more maybe a bit less but i mean their is still a tone of potential in this kid, he is nowhere near his prime yet,, all the attention is going to Hall Eberle and the Nug but a lot of real good 22 year old are just getting into the league not working on their 5th straigh season of 40 points or more,,,,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Pasty7 Posted - 11/03/2011 : 03:15:17
"Although, Tuebert has 4 pts in 3 games in the AHL(no longer eligable for juniors) so he might be a call up sooner than later if there are injuries. "

HMMmmm looks like Edmonton management was reading the pickuphockey forums again good call Beano

The Duke Posted - 11/02/2011 : 20:27:19
Fun to watch those kids play...bringing back Ryan Smyth was a smart move by the Oilers. This guy will be twice the player in Edmonton as he would have been anywhere else. I`m sure if those young guys get too cocky Smyth will surely rectify the problem very swiftly.
Oilearl Posted - 10/29/2011 : 09:25:56
Nice I got the reference to golf lol!!! Plan the PAR..... Very clever Alex!
Seriously though I am enjoying the success but I always break the season down into 10 game segments and last year we had a couple of good runs like this, it always balances out though. Ryan Smyth is obviously having a positive impact on the kids!!!
Alex116 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 23:13:24
Guess this poll's done huh?

No points for any of the 3, but still a nice win for the Oilers, and on the road as well!

Hey Beans, start planning the par.........oh, nevermind.
Beans15 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 11:51:34
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

hey Beano just Curious how is Colton Teubert shapeing up i know he was a big part of the Penner trade amnd he should be able to contribute in a few years to the EDM blueline if all the scouts projections come to fruition, i assume he is makeing his AHL debut this season or was he still Junior eligiable,, has he done anything to show he may not be what he was cracked up t be or vise versa,, did he play preseason ..... please informe this poor east coaster who hasn`t been able to keep up

Teubert didn't have a great rookie/training camp from most people's opinion the the jury is still out on this kid. Is he rated out of the top 10 in Oilers prospect pools and has an upside of in the top 4 but also a likely 5-6 spot if he doesn't turn out. The challenge for Teubert is that the Oilers have a number of players that fit his role. Reasonably big, defensive defenseman with little offensive upside that will kill penalties. Sounds a lot like Smid, Peckham, Sutton, and Barker.

It's pretty hard to crack a line up with 4 current NHLers who play like you do. We'll see what happens in the next few years and if the Oilers decide to move out any of the guys I listed. Although, Tuebert has 4 pts in 3 games in the AHL(no longer eligable for juniors) so he might be a call up sooner than later if there are injuries.

Pasty7 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 11:19:37
hey Beano just Curious how is Colton Teubert shapeing up i know he was a big part of the Penner trade amnd he should be able to contribute in a few years to the EDM blueline if all the scouts projections come to fruition, i assume he is makeing his AHL debut this season or was he still Junior eligiable,, has he done anything to show he may not be what he was cracked up t be or vise versa,, did he play preseason ..... please informe this poor east coaster who hasn`t been able to keep up

nuxfan Posted - 10/28/2011 : 10:33:49
quote:

Hall is know around Edmonton to be incredibly arrogant. I know most NHLers are, but he seems to think he is far better than what he is, walking around town like he has a couple of 9's on his back. I also heard he enjoys the company of the ladies and has certain expectations and wants those things very shortly after meeting those ladies. But heck, who wouldn't take advantage of that kind of celebrity, even a little bit.

You're kidding - a 19 year old boy wants lots of sex? I'm stunned by this.

It is no surprise, many of the younger single Canucks have (had) similar reputations, and SOB's partying ways were no secret while he was here as well. Certainly no shortage of women with dreams of becoming a hockey wife.

But back on thread - yeah, they are fun to watch right now, and its good to see exciting hockey back in EDM. I do tihnk RHN will slow down eventually - teams are only seeing him for the first time, it takes a few games but teams will develop strategies to check him effectively soon. Also, as with most first year NHL'ers, he'll likely start to run out of gas at about the 50 game mark.

But its good right now - I have Hall and Eberle in my money pool (and got Eberle quite late too), so no complaints. Just picked up RHN on the waiver wire in another pool, and I'll ride him until he slows down.
BucketHead Posted - 10/28/2011 : 09:36:41
One of them is going to get 30 atleast maybe 2( Hall,RNH), but thats if they all stay healthy.
CrockOShight Posted - 10/28/2011 : 09:25:37
They are fantastic to watch.

I got goosebumps watching that tic-tac-toe PP goal last night Potter-Eberle-Hall. Beautiful.

I think all three of these guys can have 60 points this season. IMO, Eberle will lead the pack with 22 goals, 43 assists, Hall 28 goals, 34 assists, The Nuge 24 goals, 33 assists. Those are my projections. They may be totally off.

Eberle impresses me the most at this point.

"I love your enthusiasm."
- Gary Bettman
Beans15 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 09:02:52
Hall is know around Edmonton to be incredibly arrogant. I know most NHLers are, but he seems to think he is far better than what he is, walking around town like he has a couple of 9's on his back. I also heard he enjoys the company of the ladies and has certain expectations and wants those things very shortly after meeting those ladies. But heck, who wouldn't take advantage of that kind of celebrity, even a little bit.

His actions often show his arrogance on the ice such as his celebrations after goals. However, I think it's a little short sighted to say that RNH is more mature with 9 games than Hall in his 2nd season. Hall learned a lot last season and is taking more steps through the start of this season. He took a few games to get going but with 2 G and 2 A in his last 3 games he is sharpening up fine. Although he better crack up the goals just a bit to get over the 32 that I need out of him. I think it's 32?? Anyway, he better crack is up as Kessel is on pace to be a 160+ point players this year obliterating two of my bets!!

Although I don't disagree that RNH is the cornerstone of the team more so that Hall, Hall is the better player today.

Really, it's an awesome problem to be arguing which one of the three young Oilers is the best player.
Porkchop73 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 08:07:17
I really like RNH, he was my preseason pick for Calder winner this season. To mean RNH is the cornerstone to build on in Edmonton, way more complete player then Hall and is way more mature with only 9 NHL games under his belt.
I may be biased against Hall though after I watched him snub some kids looking for his autograph after a game in Windsor during his last season there and went over just stood there waiting for the team bus. Almost all other Spitfire players were signing while Hall just stood there. Every kid there wanted Halls autograph but he wouldn't come over and sign any. Doesn't take anything away from him as a player but he left a sour taste with me that day.
Beans15 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 05:06:29
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

That line is something else to watch. Every Edmonton fans must be exciting.
I think Hall can keep up the pace to reach 70 points or more, and the others in the 55-65 range maybe.

It is exciting to watch! Just as exciting is watching Khabibulin playing like a 25 yr old, near he top of the league in save % and GAA. The 2nd line is doing ok as well. Unfortunately, the 3rd and 4th lines are not great and their defensive group other than Potter is gross.

However, any week with wins over Vancouver and Washington is a good week to me. The Nuge will play his 10th game in COL tonight meaning he will stay on the big club this year. I certainly think RNH and Hall will be PPG players consistantly through their careers I don't think they will do that this year. Eberle might be a PPG player the odd year but he will be closer to the 60 pt mark than the 80 pt mark most of the time.

As far as this year goes, I will be extremely please if they produce 160 or more points as a group. But I don't see Hall leading he group. He will be the trigger man but RNH will get his share of goals(20ish this year) but way more assists than Hall.

Still missing a defense and goaltending is a question mark after this year but the kids are alright in Edmonton.
n/a Posted - 10/28/2011 : 04:55:46
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

I think Hall can keep up the pace to reach 70 points or more, and the others in the 55-65 range maybe.

And as long as Hall only scores 29 or less goals, I am totally cool with that!

It looks like the rookie scoring race is between RNH and Landeskog, with RNH having a huge edge at this point (mainly because of the talent he plays with, and their obvious chemistry).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Leafs81 Posted - 10/28/2011 : 03:39:40

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page