Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 what to do about the back up goalie situation

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mandree888 Posted - 11/21/2011 : 13:40:08
This is a question i have been asking myself for a while now. and i havent really come to an answer i really liked. i mean i dont think that the monster is the answer for the leafs and scrivens isnt really being as much of a big time call up as i would have like and yes i know that it really depends on how good the D in fron of him. but the d needs to know that whoever is net is gonna be able to get the easy shots and bail them out.
Do you tade them for a better back up and if you do try that who would take them?
Do you trade one with draft option?
what wopuld you do to solidify the leafs net woes? because riemer can only carry the team so far.

i am a real leaf fan. i know they wont win a cup i like em anyway! ~true leafs fans
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/26/2011 : 17:41:27
Gustavsson definitely finding his groove.

I thought Wilson made a bad decision or two in choosing goalies in the past, but in the end, these guys are professionals and should understand the "you win and you're in" concept until they have given their team some confidence. It seems like the patience, and in this case the circumstances, have paid off somewhat, but we'll see if Gustavsson lapses back into his occasional bad positioning gaffes.

If Gustavsson can continue his much stronger play until Reimer arrives, it's all gravy - but if he has a re-lapse of bad play? Could be the end, and it'll be Scrivens backing up Reimer the rest of the way, with Gustavsson likely being dealt (possibly to Columbus?).

Excited to see Reimer back and see the team play in front of him; but, I am slowly feeling better about Gustavsson here, which is so nice to see.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
mandree888 Posted - 11/23/2011 : 07:03:05
ok i admit the monster has played a great couple of games maybe he is finding his groove....???
Guest6868 Posted - 11/22/2011 : 15:01:49
Gustafson will be fine once Ron Wilson is gone. So will a lot of other player on TO. Wilson's coaching style only works when the team is winning. Have a bad game and his response is to destroy any shred of confidence the player has. Good coaches accept that a bad game will happen once in a while and will put players who have proven themselves in the past right back out.

So far this year, look at Gustafson, win a game, play well, sit the next while Scrivens has a bad game, plays the next night. 3 starts in 6 months, expect him to play well. Look at Brodeur's first game back after a lengthy absence.

Benched Luke Schenn, team's best Dman last year, having a poor start, Wilson played musical partners with him and he ended up benched.

It goes on with others, Gustafson is just Wilson's latest victim.
semin-rules Posted - 11/22/2011 : 14:32:47
what about Chris Mason from the Jets? Pavelec is our #1 and the Monster would fit in nice between Pavelec and the up-and-coming Mannino

Mason has experience and would be able to jump right into the lineup without any preperation
mandree888 Posted - 11/22/2011 : 09:12:20
good question foolpittier. i have no idea who is available at this time and nuxfan.... riding the monster is a terifing thought....... he lets in goals that a kitten could stop.

i am a real leaf fan. i know they wont win a cup i like em anyway! ~true leafs fans
ToXXiK1 Posted - 11/22/2011 : 09:04:44
I think a better question is who is available?
nuxfan Posted - 11/21/2011 : 14:07:10
I think TOR should wait to see where they are in February before they start thinking about trading for a backup goalie. If they're still in the hunt for a playoff spot and Gustavsson is not the answer, then maybe they go looking for something. If they're not in the hunt at that time, then just ride Gustavsson to the end of his contract and worry about it in the offseason.

mandree888 Posted - 11/21/2011 : 13:49:32
if they did get turco they would HAVE to start him in the AHL and get into game shape he been out of the game to long to be an impact goalie at this point i think but i admit when i wrote the previous post i did not think of him

foolpittier Posted - 11/21/2011 : 13:43:30
what about Marty T.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page