Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Crosby out again

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
umteman Posted - 12/08/2011 : 03:22:11
I think the Pens caution with Sid is reaching the point of ridiculous; he has been sidelined for two games after a collision with a team mate even though he shows no signs of concussion symptoms!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest8492 Posted - 12/15/2011 : 11:48:17
First off, there is no concrete timetable to recover from a concussion, everyone's body is different. Some people maybe fine after three weeks. The real reason Crosby missed so long the first time is he likely had two concussions, not one. Also, each concussion causes more damage and leaves you more susceptible to the next one. Idiots that want Crosby to rush back in a couple weeks don't realize they are putting his life, and not just his career, in jeopardy.

If I was Pitt I wouldn't dream of rushing him back. They don't need him for the regular season anyways.
2ForInstigating Posted - 12/14/2011 : 13:52:34
Concussions are bad, no matter how you you slice it. There is no universal timeline for them healing.
Hockey is a physically demanding sport, and an attitude like his, is askin to get crunched.

You'd figure he'd try to be a little bit of an embassador for the sport, not
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53DZ9iHrJE

Goons are out there for a reason. Let them fight and mouth off. They're the ones that can take the big hits later. If they get hurt, its not that much scoring power lost.
If Crosby doesn't want to be a lady byng player, all the power to him, but no one should be surprised when he gets rocked. Plenty of scorers have survived without being fighters, cocky, mouthy, and/or whiners. Your not gonna garner a lot respect from other players, by making scenes till you get your way, like some teenaged hissy fit.

Sid has made his bloated head a target in the NHL. Guys like Matt Cooke got paid to take them out.

Maybe Sid thought the game, winning, and the money were a better deal than his health. He gets the final say if he's going to play or not. Maybe he loves the game so much, he wants to wear his helmet for the rest of his life.
He is wickedly talented, but it wouldn't bother me a bit if he was done. You don't get to rule the league, then complain about it, and not have any haters.... on and off the ice.

That just my opinion. Its probably wrong.
Beans15 Posted - 12/13/2011 : 20:55:29
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

Hold on people, a properly handle concussion takes 3 weeks to heal, last time it wasn't properly handled, this time it was, stop it with this, he should take the rest on the season off s***.

Uhhhh, not to sure about the diagnosis on heal time for a concussion, but I do know that a blow to the neck will 'stay with YOU for a long, long time'.

Fabulous! Those neck strike injuries may be the longest lingering injury compared to all injuries. They are absurdly painfully, long lasting, and above all can reoccur for years and years. They can be aggravated repeatedly without provocation.

By far the most debilitating of all injuries.
Canucks Man Posted - 12/13/2011 : 20:50:56
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

missing an entire season or all but 2 games means they were really out for about 6 months. foolpitier may have meat Eric Lindros, but I fear it may be turning into a Brett Lindros like case.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Last time I checked October to October is 12 months, and Mueller got his conky in the season before and missed the whole year, he was out for 18 months

CANUCKS RULE!!!
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 12/13/2011 : 20:30:25
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

Hold on people, a properly handle concussion takes 3 weeks to heal, last time it wasn't properly handled, this time it was, stop it with this, he should take the rest on the season off s***.

Uhhhh, not to sure about the diagnosis on heal time for a concussion, but I do know that a blow to the neck will 'stay with YOU for a long, long time'.
sahis34 Posted - 12/13/2011 : 18:40:27
umteman Posted - 12/13/2011 : 17:27:07
missing an entire season or all but 2 games means they were really out for about 6 months. foolpitier may have meat Eric Lindros, but I fear it may be turning into a Brett Lindros like case.

Canucks Man Posted - 12/13/2011 : 16:54:08
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

sadly this is looking very lindros

do you mean very Brett Lindros?

Alex I think you are right that we are not being told everything. I can't think of anyone out for as long as the first time with a concussion; it was 10 months not 10 weeks. And now indefinately out again so soon. the fact that he passed the impact test and shows no signs of cocussion have me wondering what really is going on.

Matt Lombardi missed all but the first 2 games last season with a concussion, Peter Mueller missed the entire season last year with a concussion. And Im pretty sure the guy was talking about Eric Lindros, and how his career was shortened and tanted by multiple concussions.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
umteman Posted - 12/13/2011 : 16:44:34

quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

do you mean very Brett Lindros?

Alex I think you are right that we are not being told everything. I can't think of anyone out for as long as the first time with a concussion; it was 10 months not 10 weeks. And now indefinately out again so soon. the fact that he passed the impact test and shows no signs of cocussion have me wondering what really is going on.

foolpittier Posted - 12/13/2011 : 13:29:26
Guest8492 Posted - 12/13/2011 : 06:49:18
He should sit out the rest of the season if he wants to salvage his career. Even then, it might be over. Everyone's built differently, and it seems he is extra susceptible to concussions for some reason. Pretty sad, but at least we live in an era where he'll still be able to lead a normal life afterwards rather than play himself into a vegetable.
n/a Posted - 12/13/2011 : 04:37:15
It's those damn elbow and shoulder pads . . . they are so frickin' hard now, it's like night and day from what guys were hitting heads with in the 70s, and that is why there is a difference. The guys are bigger and in better shape overall as well, but to me, it begins and ends with the armour.

Sad news about Crosby, and glad he is going to be cautious. Smart kid. He seems to be overcompensating a bit out there in terms of playing a very rough and gritty game (by overcompensating, I mean that he has been hearing all the innuendo about his lack of toughness just because he has been sitting out due to concuccion, and he seems to have something to prove in that regard), and I honeslty don't blame him for it. It's obvious how super-competetive he is, what an incredible drive he has (otherwise he never would have gotten close to the level he achieved in the first place) . . . and if he is sitting out, it clearly must be the prudent thing to do.

I almost feel bad for him that they have to publicly release the part about him passing the "concussion test" . . . will fuel more haters, and that is just sad. But I agree with him - listening to your body is the smartest thing to do, no test can measure how you feel really.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 23:45:35
Don't like the news we've been given. If in fact he's suffering from a setback, he's really gonna have to think hard about changing his game somewhat. Currently he plays on the tough side, goes to the danger zones on the ice including in front of the net and is paying the price for it. Perhaps he'll have to alter his game and be more like Gretzky and avoid the physical stuff as much as possible?

Then again, if the Krejci elbow is what caused this recent setback, as has been reported, it was one of those inadvertant hits that sometimes can't be avoided?
Pasty7 Posted - 12/12/2011 : 17:59:50
quote:

I think the Pens caution with Sid is reaching the point of ridiculous; he has been sidelined for two games after a collision with a team mate even though he shows no signs of concussion symptoms!

I think you like me have no idea what symptoms Crosby really has and if he is sitting it is for a good reason, his health,

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
umteman Posted - 12/12/2011 : 15:44:11
here's the latest. what's going on here

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-penguins-crosby

Guest6900 Posted - 12/08/2011 : 13:50:25
Awareness of concussions and their detriment to one's health are now far more realized than they used to be.

That being said, the NHL is only really starting to crack down on it -both from penalizing and sidelining points of view - not simply because it's the right thing to do, but because big name players (i.e. Crosby) are starting to take more punishment and miss time because of it. And when those players miss time, the NHL misses out on money they draw to the game.
Alex116 Posted - 12/08/2011 : 08:06:05
I'm more concerned that they're not telling us everything. Maybe he "passed the test(s)" sotospeak, but i get the feeling that he's not feeling as good after the collision as he was prior. He's far too much of a competetor to agree to simply sit out because of who they're playing. Any player on any team at any point could collide with Crosby, be it intentional or not, and cause damage.

What amazes me most is the fact that guys in the past just never seemed to be so seriously injured in this way. Sure, we/they maybe didn't realize it, but how many times did guys play through concussions? From what we hear, it happened all the time, but have concussions changed, or just our knowledge about them? What i mean is, guys nowadays say there's no way they could play through the effects, like headaches, dizzyness, etc? What's changed???
Guest8492 Posted - 12/08/2011 : 07:16:35
Makes sense. People should realize that his hot start had more to do with the fact their opposition was incredibly weak rather than him being 100%. He really hasn't done much against reasonable competition since being back. Likely because he's simply getting tired.

No matter what, you can't recreate NHL-level competition in practice or in the gym. He's wearing down, just like anyone would after taking a year off. Philly is also obviously a tough team that will target him. No point. He'll get his hockey legs back, it'll just take time. Look at the standings, they aren't exactly battling for 8th place. And they have played just fine without him, so take a breather, Sidney.
Shepsky Posted - 12/08/2011 : 05:37:45
Maybe the precautionary measure has more to do with the upcoming team pittsburgh plays, Philly is next on the Penguins schedule, maybe they just don't want him playing against Philly, which I think is still a pretty rough team, Pittsburgh has played well without Crosby this year, as shown in the standings.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page