Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2011 midseason surprise

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6813 Posted - 12/27/2011 : 06:23:19
Which NHL team has been most surprising to you, so far in the season?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/04/2012 : 09:37:57
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Considering i expected them to finish dead last and only have about 20pts around Christmas, the Sens are the biggest surprise for me!

I didnt want to be the one to post this, so thanks Alex.
Oilearl Posted - 01/02/2012 : 01:27:33
Oilers are where I expected they would be I am still hoping they can keep in the race for the 8th spot!!
Oilearl Posted - 01/02/2012 : 01:26:42
The Wild have been a huge surprise even though they are dropping off due to key injuries of late. The Ducks in the basement would be a close second.
Guest2558 Posted - 01/01/2012 : 22:47:59
Jets, capitals, panthers, Tampa bay, Montreal
admin Posted - 12/31/2011 : 09:18:25
Thanks for the poll guest. If you sign up as a member you can edit your posts. I have added the "other" option for you.
Guest6813 Posted - 12/30/2011 : 11:27:06
Thanks for the comments, next time there will be a other button.
Guest4178 Posted - 12/28/2011 : 10:57:09
And the Rangers are a surprise too! They barely made the playoffs last season, finishing 8th in the Eastern Conference only two points ahead of Carolina.

They currently sit atop of the Eastern Conference, which is something I wouldn't have predicted at the start of the season.

The Bruins were a big surprise with their terrible start, but they have since rebounded to be the best team in the NHL over the past two months.

It should be no surprise to see the Bruins pass the Rangers in the coming months.
Guest4178 Posted - 12/28/2011 : 10:32:11
I agree with Ryan. The Ducks are a big surprise to be sitting second last in the entire league! They're a bigger surprise then some of the teams listed in the poll.

What happened? The Ducks finished in 4th spot in the Western Conference last season.

If someone told me that the Oilers would be ahead of the Ducks near the midway point of the season, I wouldn't have believed them. But no great feat for the OIlers – who are about where most people predicted them to be – they are only ahead of the Ducks because of Anaheim's poor start to this season. One of the few bright spots with Anaheim is the continued great play of Teemu Selanne.
ryan93 Posted - 12/27/2011 : 12:48:26
I'm going to say the Florida Panthers...but they haven't looked good lately, and have dropped 3 in a row (including the 8-0 loss to the B's). Still not convinced they are a playoff team, but as of right now they are leading the Southeast with 43 points.

On the other end, there are no shortage of teams that have been disappointments to this point in the season. Staying in the Southeast, there's the Washington Capitals & Tampa Bay Lightning. Washington were my pre-season pick to win the Presidents Trophy. Then in the Western Conference, the Anaheim Ducks sitting in 14th is a huge surprise to me.
Alex116 Posted - 12/27/2011 : 10:54:09
Considering i expected them to finish dead last and only have about 20pts around Christmas, the Sens are the biggest surprise for me!
semin-rules Posted - 12/27/2011 : 10:41:50
A few weeks ago I would have said the Wild, but they have had a very rough stretch the last while,
but the biggest surprise is the Panthers this year. However they did make quite a few moves in the off-season so I was slightly expecting them to be better this season.
Also the Jets have been a huge surprise to me as well. They did not make a lot of moves in the off-season... wait, they did change countries however, I did not see them 2 points out of 8th and fighting for a playoff spot!
The Blues have also been great to watch after that dismal start.
Guest0484 Posted - 12/27/2011 : 07:37:28
They are in 6th, 4 pts away from 11th not 3, also 4 pts away from 5th. cheers!!!
Guest0052 Posted - 12/27/2011 : 06:46:24
Why is toronto there? They are 3 points out of 11th spot? No surprise there.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page