Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 A Toronto truth...

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest2978 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 10:12:28
Toronto hasn't won a Stanley Cup since there were only 6 teams in the NHL... That's SO BRUTAL that it's awesome!!!!
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest2747 Posted - 05/02/2012 : 15:15:04
May 2 1967, The Toronto Maple Leafs hoist the Stanley cup for the last time. Happy birthday Leaf fans.
Clatts Posted - 04/30/2012 : 19:00:36
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

What about the teams who have NEVER won a stanley cup ??

They are out there too you know, some have been in the league now for quite a while without ONE...

As bad as the leafs run has been, are they not Second only to Montreal with the most ever...all time...stanley cup rings ??

Yeah but when you only have to beat 5 teams to win those rings are your really proud of those rings?

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
The Duke Posted - 04/30/2012 : 18:03:26
What about the teams who have NEVER won a stanley cup ??

They are out there too you know, some have been in the league now for quite a while without ONE...

As bad as the leafs run has been, are they not Second only to Montreal with the most ever...all time...stanley cup rings ??
Guest6412 Posted - 04/30/2012 : 13:10:21
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

How does anyone not know it's been since 1967? That's all I've heard since I was a kid. "You know the leafs haven't won the cup since '67? Why would you cheer for them?" I am only posting on this page to remind everyone that before Chicago took home the cup a couple years ago, it had been since 1962 that they hoisted it! Which was also back in the time of the original six. I wonder if Chicago fans got blasted the same way leafs fans do before the summer of 2010. Hope is not lost, Toronto will one day raise the cup again. (The real question is why does Ron Wilson still have a job?)

Actually it was 1961, not 1962 that was the last time Chicago took the Cup before '10.

The reason I know that is because the '61 Cup ended Montreal's reign of FIVE STRAIGHT Cups!
Guest2978 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 21:53:41
I agree, I think alot of hockey fans know that it has been since 1967 since they won a cup, however, they may not be aware that back then there were only 6 teams.

I think the 6 teams thing just adds to the "Wow" or "Laughable" or whatever factor... Either way, as some Leaf fan already mentioned, they are still "Winning" though, right??
Guest4465 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 14:38:25
Makes me wonder ....

Was the only reason Toronto won Stanley Cup's because they only had to contend with 5 other teams??
Guest2978 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 14:37:52
Leafs=Profits therefore Leafs=Winning?? Gee, and Leafs fans wonder why the Leafs aren't looked on all that favorably by alot of people?? In hockey, I thought Winning=Stanley Cup... With fans that love the profit margin more than they enjoy championships it's no wonder they havent won since there were 6 TEAMS...

Well at leat you get enjoyment out of cheering when you stare at the Leaf balance sheet. Hey, does those balance sheets show Jeff Fingers salary?? Just wondering... Good 4 you my friend... You must work at TSN... :)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/05/2012 : 14:04:48
quote:
Originally posted by Chill_Town58

Whoa whoa whoa! where do you get your facts from? Players voted Phaneuf most over rated? Wilson worst Coach? is there proof to this statement! LIES ALL LIES! (until i get my satisfied truth) i can say anything i wanted to too but without facts they dont mean s***!
The Leafs are one of the highest Profitable teams in sports, Money is Winning! therefore the Leafs= WINNING!

While I agree money=winning in life. Yes they do seem to be winning in that way. Now close your eyes and imagine, if you will, a Toronto team which could also win on the scoreboard as well! Just a thought.
Alex116 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 12:06:05
quote:
Originally posted by Chill_Town58
The Leafs are one of the highest Profitable teams in sports, Money is Winning! therefore the Leafs= WINNING!

Oh my.....as a fan, if this is your attitude, so be it. I can understand an owner looking at things this way, but a fan??? Please tell me you have some shares in MLSE???

On that point, here's a classic video clip of an interview with Kevin O'Leary regarding the sale of MLSE. Now, for those of you who don't know this guy, he's an extremely wealthy entrepreneur/investor/venture capitalist/est who appears on the Dragon's Den and Shark Tank shows (if you haven't seen these, they're pretty good). His main thing is, he's all about MONEY! Watch the vid, it's pretty awesome, esp the first minute!

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/olearys-take-on-mlse-sale/16afljn77

Open_Ice Posted - 01/05/2012 : 11:13:26
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/01/30/leafs-coach-wilson-voted-least-liked/

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/dionphaneuf/article/788654--nhlers-diss-phaneuf-as-overrated
Beans15 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 08:03:38
Settle down there Charlie Sheen. Dion Phaneuf has been rated as the most over rated player in a poll of NHL players in the past. Ron Wilson has also been named as the coach that NHLer's would least like to play for.
'
Google - "NHL players poll" and "Dion Phaneuf most overrated player" and you will find your answers. None of them are lies.
Chill_Town58 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 07:57:49
Whoa whoa whoa! where do you get your facts from? Players voted Phaneuf most over rated? Wilson worst Coach? is there proof to this statement! LIES ALL LIES! (until i get my satisfied truth) i can say anything i wanted to too but without facts they dont mean s***!
Shepsky Posted - 01/05/2012 : 05:45:43
How does anyone not know it's been since 1967? That's all I've heard since I was a kid. "You know the leafs haven't won the cup since '67? Why would you cheer for them?" I am only posting on this page to remind everyone that before Chicago took home the cup a couple years ago, it had been since 1962 that they hoisted it! Which was also back in the time of the original six. I wonder if Chicago fans got blasted the same way leafs fans do before the summer of 2010. Hope is not lost, Toronto will one day raise the cup again. (The real question is why does Ron Wilson still have a job?)
Guest6786 Posted - 01/05/2012 : 05:16:26
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

Only teams without a single draft pick playing in this year's world juniors tournament: Toronto and Philadelphia

as much as I hate to bring Tyler Seguin's name into this debate, i feel that it should be pointed out that the year he was ranked to go either no. 1 or no. 2 in the draft....he did not make the world junior team.
Open_Ice Posted - 01/05/2012 : 01:31:16
As voted by current NHL players:
Most Overrated Player (two years in a row): Dion Phaneuf
Coach you would least like to play for: Ron Wilson

Only teams without a single draft pick playing in this year's world juniors tournament: Toronto and Philadelphia

way too easy to trash talk the leafs right now...
Guest2978 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 23:24:43
I'm not sure if this "topic" was meant as Leaf Bashing as much as it is just a comment. In fact, I had a friend (big sports fan) that was aware the Leafs lack of success but didn't realize that they hadn't won a cup since there were only 6 teams. I think it's meant as just a comment for trivia buffs more than Leaf bashing. Just my opinion though. Besides, it's not like it's not easy to bash the Leafs if someone actually wanted to do that. I just don't think that was the intention of this particular post. Either way, who cares. Leafs suck. :)
Alex116 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 22:42:07
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Hey! Did you guys hear the one about the Leaf basher that actually had more to bash than the Leafs last cup in over 'X' amount of years?

It's a good one, sure you haven't heard it?

Hmmm....me neither.

I'm all for a good trash talk, but geez, come up with some new material!!

Exactly FER. Trash talk forum or not, it's so tired that it's not even worth reading.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 01/04/2012 : 18:50:13
Hey! Did you guys hear the one about the Leaf basher that actually had more to bash than the Leafs last cup in over 'X' amount of years?

It's a good one, sure you haven't heard it?

Hmmm....me neither.

I'm all for a good trash talk, but geez, come up with some new material!!
willus3 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 18:37:50
It's the trash talk forum, that is it's purpose.
Alex116 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 11:23:24
Yawn ....... Just what this forum needs, a new Leaf bashing thread.

Mods, please activate your "thread removal" powers.....
Guest2978 Posted - 01/04/2012 : 10:18:07
LOL... Ya nevermind teams like the Oilers, Islanders etc... The Leafs have been rebuilding for 40 odd years...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page