Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Tampa Bay - goaltending

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4465 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 22:29:53
It is obvious that the Lightening need a new goalie. Roloson, was a great keeper in his day, but his time is long over.

What do you think Tampa Bay Lightening would 'give up' in return for a goalie. Whether that be Schneider or a first string goalie on another team.

Your thoughts
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs81 Posted - 01/10/2012 : 11:18:34
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

It is obvious that the Lightening need a new goalie. Roloson, was a great keeper in his day, but his time is long over.

What do you think Tampa Bay Lightening would 'give up' in return for a goalie. Whether that be Schneider or a first string goalie on another team.

Your thoughts

I think that the most valuable from that list for a team like TB would be Schneider, Bobrovsky, and possibly Harding - all are young, and have played a significant number of games with consistency. For any of those 3, I would think significant assets and/or draft picks would have to go the other way. TB will have its own list of "untouchables", but for a goalie of that value I would think one of Tim Connolly or Ashton Carter or Tyler Johnson would have to be considered in the return package.

Did you mean Brett Connolly instead of Tim? Probably, and if so I think he would be too much to give for Bobrovsky or Harding, maybe Schneider, but not the other two.

I really think Tampa should go for Halak. The only thing is I'm not too sure how good are the other goalies in St Louis. Anyway St Louis could trade away Halak and go get Leighton or sign Turco to support Elliot for the rest of the season.
Stamkos a Hab Posted - 01/08/2012 : 17:34:31
Oops for got Tampa

Sucks 2 be the rest of ya
Stamkos a Hab Posted - 01/08/2012 : 17:33:51
nuxfan I agree on some things this is what i think:
Goalies that are backups yet shown capable of a starting job are
Bos(Rask)
Col(Giguere, Varlomov Colorado doesn't care)
Clb (Mason slumping and Sanford perfrming)
Det(Conklin)
LA(Bernier)
Min(Harding)
Mtl (Budaj)
NYI(Nabokov, Dipetro???)
Phi(Bobrovsky)
Stl (Halak could leave now that Elliott is established)
Tor (Gustavsson most likely to leave but Reimer still possible)
Van (Schnider)
These are the teams who would consider trading
Colorado, Giguere getting old and AHL goalies aren't doing so bad
Columbus Mason's young and Sanford's about 28,29,30
Detroit Conklin: Howard has his entire career ahead and Conklin isn't staying long maybe temporary solution 'till Toraski is ready.
LA If they get rid of Bernier they still have Ersberg in Manchester
Min Backsrtrom, Harding, Hackett final!
NYI same situation as Minnesota accept Nabokov is older Dipetro sucks Montoya is probably best goalie Poulin in AHL.
Phi Leighton's waiting
Stl Halak wants money Elliott deserves money and Ben Bishp is waiting in the background
Van To much talent in goal.
Teams that won't trade because of ...
Bos Thomas is 36 turning 37
Mtl Budaj is reinforcement for Price and if he goes who comes
Teams that need a goalie...
Calgary Kippy is 35
Edmonton Bulin wall is 38 Dubnyk is forever a back up so who will step in.
Fla Same thing as Edmonton Theodore goes Clemmensen not good enough who comes in? Markstrom who did terrible in recent starts in past.
Nj Brodeur in 40's leaving soon Hedberg is 38
nuxfan Posted - 01/07/2012 : 00:18:50
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

Your thoughts

Assuming that no team is going to trade its bona-fide starting goalie (if one is established), there are only a handful of teams with a "backup" that has shown a capability of starting on a regular basis, that could part with a goalie and still remain competitive:

- VAN (Schneider)
- BOS (Rask)
- LA (Bernier)
- TOR (Reimer or Gustavsson, take your pick)
- PHI (Bobrovsky)
- WSH (Neuvirth)
- MIN (Harding)
- WPG (Mason)
- CHI (Emery)
- NYR (Biron)

After that, there are a few teams with promising goalie prospects that we've seen a bit of, but they haven't played enough to have a good handle on them:

- CGY (Irving)
- BUF (Enroth)
- NYI (Montoya)

I don't think Rask or Neuvirth are going anywhere given the ages of their respective #1's, so that leaves 7 teams that would be able to part with a goalie asset that TB might actually want to pay for. I would think that TB would be looking for a good young goalie to provide stability for years to come.

Each of these goalies vary in terms of actual NHL experience, skill and percieved value, etc, so the return would differ. There would also be differences in what each team could take in return - VAN and PHI both are at the cap or over, so offloading a 1M salary does not allow them to take a significant roster player in return, without moving more assets to make room.

I think that the most valuable from that list for a team like TB would be Schneider, Bobrovsky, and possibly Harding - all are young, and have played a significant number of games with consistency. For any of those 3, I would think significant assets and/or draft picks would have to go the other way. TB will have its own list of "untouchables", but for a goalie of that value I would think one of Tim Connolly or Ashton Carter or Tyler Johnson would have to be considered in the return package.
Guest4465 Posted - 01/06/2012 : 22:59:22
*Lightning, not Lightening, sorry.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page