Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Luke Schenn for JVR?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
OILINONTARIO Posted - 01/13/2012 : 13:52:10
Reported on NHL.com, the Leafs and Flyers may be close making a trade involving Luke Schenn and James van Riemsdyk. Apparently, Paul Holmgren would use this deal as a back-up plan if he cannot secure Ryan Suter from the Preds.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest7961 Posted - 01/17/2012 : 11:14:20
Schenn for a Jules Verne Reader? I would take the reader.
Guest5744 Posted - 01/16/2012 : 07:40:44
i love how burke is loading up "canada's team" with american talent... one more reason to hate the leafs
n/a Posted - 01/16/2012 : 06:51:58
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4876

I think this trade is completely about needs. Philly is loaded up front but need D to replace loss of Pronger. Toronto has a surplus of D but could use a big fast young forward.
Straight up I think JVR is a better asset than Schenn.

Completely agree, although I think it's close in terms of a comparison between players. Always hard to compare such different players with different roles . . . and if you were to rank each in their respective "categories" - I think many people would be surprised at where we find Schenn among physical/defensive forwards, and Van Riemsdyk among physical two-way forwards. Even going by points for position, JVR ranks tied for 136 in the NHL with 22 points, while Schenn with his 13 points is tied for 73rd. Both have upside/youth, both are physical, but Van Riemsdyk has never come close to leading all forwards or being top ten in hits. Just sayin'.

Either way, this deal if real is on hold - JVR has a concussion.

Myself, thinking about the Leafs, I keep Schenn unless it's for a true 1st line, impact centreman (obviously it would have to be Schenn in a package with other players) like Getzlaf or Eric Staal. I really don't agree with a lot of Leaf fans who think he might be 'overvalued'.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
foolpittier Posted - 01/15/2012 : 13:42:59
i'd rather see JVR in nashville/ Ryan Suter?
Guest4876 Posted - 01/15/2012 : 10:02:18
I think this trade is completely about needs. Philly is loaded up front but need D to replace loss of Pronger. Toronto has a surplus of D but could use a big fast young forward.
Straight up I think JVR is a better asset than Schenn.
sahis34 Posted - 01/14/2012 : 13:04:35
JVR>Schenn
n/a Posted - 01/14/2012 : 10:06:25
Interesting indeed.

At this point, I might be reluctant to do this trade as a Leaf fan, frankly. I think Schenn means more to the Leafs than Van Riemsdyk does to the Flyers, and that is how I think it should be looked at. It's an Eastern conference foe - one we might even play in the playoffs and future ones.

Schenn seems like the kind of guy who will develop into a top flight defensive defenceman with a bit of offence. Remember that he is still young, d-men take longer to develop. He is a top hitter as a d-man already, and is a very solid physical presence.

Not saying I wouldn't love JVR - I would - but the Leafs weakness, to me, is not really offence. To me, getting JVR improves them ever so slightly at forward, only because essentially you just displace a slightly lesser forward from the second or third line. At the same time, we lose our best hitter, and a decent defenceman who was playing a lot better, and a guy who gave Toronto a further physical presence.

It's a fair trade IMHO, just not one that I would do.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 01/14/2012 : 09:50:17
looks like JVR is out with a concussion as of yesterday. All trades likely on hold.
Guest4249 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 20:24:20
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

for burke to agree to this deal there must be more than just JVR. philly would end up with the shenn brothers........ if burke is smart he makes philly pay up big time for that

Uh no. Burke would have to fork out more than just Schenn for JVR not the other way around. Don't let fandom to cloud your judgement on the worth of JVR compared to Schenn.
nuxfan Posted - 01/13/2012 : 20:02:57
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

for burke to agree to this deal there must be more than just JVR. philly would end up with the shenn brothers........ if burke is smart he makes philly pay up big time for that

... or PHI just shops JVR to other teams, no doubt there would be several suitors.
mandree888 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 19:38:47
Sensfan101 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 17:18:45
This would be a very interesting deal. Leafs have a few pretty good yound defensemen and could certainly benefit from JVR. Philly definatley need more defensive depth/young defensemen especially with Pronger out and because of Phillys crazy forward depth JVR is stuck playing fourth line minutes.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Guest9722 Posted - 01/13/2012 : 16:22:44
if its player for player straight up, Leafs come out on top IMH
foolpittier Posted - 01/13/2012 : 15:50:03
interesting

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page