Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 Can Ovechkin find his form?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
admin Posted - 01/17/2012 : 17:39:11
Will Alexander Ovechkin find his superstar form for the second half of the 2011/12 NHL season?
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4465 Posted - 02/05/2012 : 02:44:05
Actually guys, Ovi 's using this as a joke to pick up chicks.

Ovi: Hi gurrr
Girl: Hello there
Ovi: I like you
Girl: Really?
Ovi: Yessssh you are pritty
Girl: Thank you
Ovi: I need to find my form
Girl: Where?
Ovi: In you pants, can I check it?

Ovi takes girl to his room.... (*winks .. its a working everytime)
Guest2792 Posted - 02/05/2012 : 00:40:06
Firstly, I see no connection between points and hits (I realize in these forums you can't leave anything to chance so here : yes hits result in turnovers and turnovers result in goals sometimes) but just cuz you're hitting or not hitting doesn't mean your point production is gonna go up or down. Second, I dont like the idea of all Russians gettting grouped together as lazy, there have been and are alot of great hard working Russians in this league. Third, I do agree to some point there is a difference between American (or swedish, finnish for that matter) vs Russians. IMHO Russian's are raised in poverty and making it pro is the only way out. They work their butts off in all the levels of hockey to finally make it to the show then they work some more. Once they get their big contract and everything is secure and comfortable they get comfortable. can you blame them? after a couple years they dig in and get back on track.
n/a Posted - 01/25/2012 : 11:29:17
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9053

It's not so much as he's russian, it's that most of the players from accross the pond just get lazy after they they get Superstar contracts!

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0123

He's a Russian, and they get lazier in the second half of the season. Unless they are in contention for the Cup. I think that he will get hurt; this will be his unlucky year!

PROOOOOOOOF PLEEEEEEEEEASE!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest9053 Posted - 01/24/2012 : 12:43:41

It's not so much as he's russian, it's that most of the players from accross the pond just get lazy after they they get Superstar contracts!

quote:

He's a Russian, and they get lazier in the second half of the season. Unless they are in contention for the Cup. I think that he will get hurt; this will be his unlucky year!

Guest7961 Posted - 01/24/2012 : 11:14:33
I know where he left his form: second drawer on the left side of his desk in his Soviet style library. On top of Gulag. Under Eisenhower.
Guest4227 Posted - 01/24/2012 : 09:58:17
Sorry, very surprised if they WEREN'T on drugs or partying.
Guest5744 Posted - 01/24/2012 : 09:57:41
haha i really doubt it
Guest4227 Posted - 01/24/2012 : 09:56:10
I haven't seen any evidence of this but I would be very suprised if some of these Caps are on some serious recreational drugs or just some heavy partying. Players I wouldn't be surprised if their names were associated with drugs are Ovie, Green right off the bat. Again I haven't heard anything about this, just my opinion from the outside.
n/a Posted - 01/24/2012 : 08:31:47
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7752

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

WRONG!

Ovechkin's number's totally contradict what you assert.
Pre-Allstar break vs. post allstar break numbers

Pre-Allstar: 51gp 19 goals, 32 assists, 51 points +14 6gwg
Post-Allstar: 28gp 13 goals, 21 assists, 34 pts +10 5 gwg

Looking back at the other years, he's about even for 2009, 2008 he's slightly better in the second half, and remarkably even the other years.

So . . . I would bet on Ovechkin actually doing BETTER (or maybe even) post all-star break, not worse.

I find these Russian comments pretty bigotted, IMHO. I blame Don Cherry.

I think you' are the one that's wrong slozo...

Guest mentioned "unless they are in contention for a Cup".... which is exactly what was going on when he put up the numbers you posted.

So you think that in the second half of a season, Russians (includin Ovie) are lazier (and more injury prone?) if they are not in contention for the cup?

Seriously? Any proof for that?

Oh, and . . . if a team is going to or really close to making the playoffs, wouldn't that count as being in contention for the cup? So, riddle me this:

How come Ovechkin had his worst season in a playoff year when the Caps were seen as a top contender?

Guest7752 Posted - 01/23/2012 : 08:59:58
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

quote:

WRONG!

Looking back at the other years, he's about even for 2009, 2008 he's slightly better in the second half, and remarkably even the other years.

So . . . I would bet on Ovechkin actually doing BETTER (or maybe even) post all-star break, not worse.

I think you' are the one that's wrong slozo...

Guest mentioned "unless they are in contention for a Cup".... which is exactly what was going on when he put up the numbers you posted.
nuxfan Posted - 01/22/2012 : 19:24:40
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Ovechkin had to slow down his hitting ways or he would have had a short career....thats all that happened to Ovie.

Dishing out these bone crushing hits not only punish your opponents but also punish yourself. Wendall Clark is a prime example of this, this style of play takes its toll on the body.

No - one can keep up the pace Ovie played at for 82 games a season,( plus the playoffs ) year after year...it just can`t be done.

I think once he realized this he figured, short career ...equals...shorter time in the NHL....which leads to lost millions of green back

I don't know - he seems to be on pace for another over-200 hit season, which is pretty high for a player of his offensive talents, he does play a very physical game. He's currently just outside the top-20 in hits this season, and last year finished top-10, in his worst ever statistical season. If anything, his hitting seems to be going up while his point production goes down or levels out.
The Duke Posted - 01/22/2012 : 18:04:16
Ovechkin had to slow down his hitting ways or he would have had a short career....thats all that happened to Ovie.

Dishing out these bone crushing hits not only punish your opponents but also punish yourself. Wendall Clark is a prime example of this, this style of play takes its toll on the body.

No - one can keep up the pace Ovie played at for 82 games a season,( plus the playoffs ) year after year...it just can`t be done.

I think once he realized this he figured, short career ...equals...shorter time in the NHL....which leads to lost millions of green back
n/a Posted - 01/21/2012 : 07:03:46
quote:

WRONG!

Guest4465 Posted - 01/21/2012 : 05:33:10
He's Russian....

nuff said.
Guest0123 Posted - 01/21/2012 : 05:18:22
ryan93 Posted - 01/18/2012 : 09:31:53
Hard to say...I thought he had turned the corner a couple weeks ago when in a 12 game stretch he scored 9 goals & 14 points. But he's followed that streak up with a 6 game stretch where he's managed just 1 goal & 1 assist.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page