Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Crazy Nux trade rumour of the day!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 01/27/2012 : 14:51:07
Ok, now keep in mind, i'm just reporting what i heard discussed on the radio today. By no means do i think this is gonna happen, but here goes...........

To Anaheim:
C. Schneider
K. Ballard
M. Raymond

To Vancouver (now, make sure you're sitting down):
C. Perry

This was apparently reported by former player(s) Enrico Ciccone on a tv show called "Le Match"??? Here's a paragraph from one article i read from a local guy (Province newspaper).

As the rumour goes, Enrico Ciccone, on the TV Show ”Le Match,” said Patrice Brisebois claims a trade is being considered which would send Corey Perry to the Canucks for Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond and Keith Ballard.

Where P. Brisebois comes in, i'm not sure. I googled him and it says he's now involved in NASCAR Canada as a race driver?? WTF?

Regardless, Anaheim would surely want Hodgson or at the very least, J. Schroeder involved in this deal you'd have to think? Also, Hiller is pretty good and is costing them 4-5 mil i believe so likely he'd be dealt elsewhere?

Fat chance of this happening, but google "corry perry vancouver canucks" to see some more stuff on it.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 01/30/2012 : 08:39:52
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I don't think that's a crazy trade at all, in terms of value going to both sides. I just don't see it happening myself.

I don't see Vancouver giving up Schneider, no way. IMHO, I bet Vancouver looks at offers for Luongo in the summer perhaps, and tries out Schneider as their goalie of the future - but why would they deal him now before another potential long playoff run? Doesn't make sense

I definitely could see Hiller going in a deal from Anaheim, just because of his head issues . . . but I think it would probably be a middling team that would want a guy like that, as opposed to a true contender like Vancouver.

Maybe Ballard, Raymond and a first rounder for Perry? THAT I could see, but not with Schneider, no.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

Slozo, its a good point - I would be loathe to give up Schneider at this point in the season as well, he'll be an important part of the Canucks run this year. However, players like Perry do not become available very often, and I guess if you want to get those players you have to give something up. While I would be happy with a trade involving Raymond/Ballard/first round pick, I think that woefully undervalues Perry, and would be stunned if ANA took it. If Perry is available, there will be plenty of teams in the hunt, and a better offer would come up.

As to Schneiders long-term plans in Vancouver, its anyone's guess at this point - we'll probably have a better idea by June. However, there is no way that MG can keep both goalies next season and stay under the cap, so something will happen between now and September...
Alex116 Posted - 01/30/2012 : 08:18:23
quote:
Originally posted by Guest5744

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Of course, Schneider could turn out to be the next Brodeur, Hasek, Roy type goalie too?

no. he could not. don't compare a backup to the 3 best goalies to play the game in the last 25 years. brodeur, roy, and hasek changed the game. schnieder hasn't played as a starter for even half a season.

You know, i don't know why i bother replying to comments like this, as i have trouble figuring out sometimes who's actually being serious vs who's just trolling and trying to start something?

First of, you're wrong to say "no. he could not." in regards to Schneider. You don't know this for sure. He "COULD" in fact, turn out better than the three. He could go undefeated for the rest of his career. Do i think either of these things will happen? NO, of course not. But when i made the comment you seem to have your panties in a knot over, it was made to suggest that Schneider could in fact, become a better goalie than expected, perhaps even much better than those who are really high on him.

I get the feeling your comment is directed at me while you figure i'm a Canucks fan who's totally overvaluing Schneider in an attempt to justify this possible deal when in fact that's the furthest thing from the truth. Remember, i am the one who described Schneider as:
quote:
......a good young goalie who's yet to prove anything long term (think Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, etc)......

I'm pretty sure most intelligent people who read my comment comparing him to Roy, Brodeur and Hasek, understood what i meant with the comparison. Unfortunately, it appears as though you missed the whole point.
Guest5744 Posted - 01/30/2012 : 07:59:07
quote:

Of course, Schneider could turn out to be the next Brodeur, Hasek, Roy type goalie too?

no. he could not. don't compare a backup to the 3 best goalies to play the game in the last 25 years. brodeur, roy, and hasek changed the game. schnieder hasn't played as a starter for even half a season.
Alex116 Posted - 01/30/2012 : 06:55:46
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I don't think that's a crazy trade at all, in terms of value going to both sides. I just don't see it happening myself.

I don't see Vancouver giving up Schneider, no way. IMHO, I bet Vancouver looks at offers for Luongo in the summer perhaps, and tries out Schneider as their goalie of the future - but why would they deal him now before another potential long playoff run? Doesn't make sense.

I definitely could see Hiller going in a deal from Anaheim, just because of his head issues . . . but I think it would probably be a middling team that would want a guy like that, as opposed to a true contender like Vancouver.

Maybe Ballard, Raymond and a first rounder for Perry? THAT I could see, but not with Schneider, no.

Interesting points Slozo, and i agree, unless Vancouver gets a deal they can't refuse, Schneider is likely not going anywhere until after the playoffs. BUT, getting Perry, may be that deal they can't refuse?

The Ballard, Raymond and a 1st rounder will def not be enough though. IMO, Schneider is likely better than any 1st rounder the Ducks would recieve from the Canucks, who look poised to finish somewhere in the top 10 in the leauge, thus making the pick in the 20's. I think most GM's would take Shneider over a 20th overall pick, don't you think? And i'm already skeptical that the original deal would be enough so i can't see that one working? Maybe 2 first rounders or a 1st and a prospect? Even then, the prospect would likely have to be J. Schroeder or K. Connaughton?
n/a Posted - 01/30/2012 : 05:50:07

I don't see Vancouver giving up Schneider, no way. IMHO, I bet Vancouver looks at offers for Luongo in the summer perhaps, and tries out Schneider as their goalie of the future - but why would they deal him now before another potential long playoff run? Doesn't make sense.

nuxfan Posted - 01/28/2012 : 15:42:23
quote:
As for a Canucks fans "pipe dream", don't shoot the messenger, i'm only throwing out there what i read online. I'm still curious though where in the heck Patrice Brisebois comes into this????

No doubt. This rumour did not originate with the Vancouver media or any of the usually dismissed sources - apparently it came from Brisbois, and another source within the Canadiens organization. In the end, who knows what is accurate or not, but its not like Canuck fans made this one up out of thin air...
Alex116 Posted - 01/28/2012 : 11:02:52
Beans, i agree it makes little sense for Anaheim, unless of course there's something about Hiller they're not sold on? Or, maybe there's a team out there inquiring about him and they feel they can improve long term by moving him and getting a younger goalie? This is only likely if they found themselves out of the playoffs which with their recent play, isn't so certain!

Either way, i couldn't agree more that it doesn't look like a great deal for Anaheim and i believe they could get better return on Perry than a good young goalie who's yet to prove anything long term (think Jim Carey, Andrew Raycroft, etc), a speedy PKer who struggles to find the net and a decent dman who once was a top 2-3 but struggled mightily last year and comes with a big price tag for 3 more years!

As for a Canucks fans "pipe dream", don't shoot the messenger, i'm only throwing out there what i read online. I'm still curious though where in the heck Patrice Brisebois comes into this????
Beans15 Posted - 01/28/2012 : 07:10:18
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7116

ducks already have hiller ... why get schnieder?

Exactly. This trade is just dumb for Anaheim. No player coming over from Vancouver makes Anaheim even magically better and ANA gets worse with Perry. This is a Canuck fan's pipe dream. It's like saying Edmonton could trade Hemsky and Horcoff for Suter and Weber.

Dumb
Guest7116 Posted - 01/28/2012 : 00:47:29
ducks already have hiller ... why get schnieder?
Statman Posted - 01/27/2012 : 19:11:57
Burrows stays on the top line, Perry goes to the second line. Wow, how's that for depth? Reigning MVP on the second line. Not bad.

The big winner in this trade? Roberto Luongo, who gets the pressure relieved of not having a future star goalie behind him.

Still, when it comes to blockbuster trades like this, I tend to be a little skeptical as they rarely seem to materialize. Still fun to talk about though!
nuxfan Posted - 01/27/2012 : 18:49:15
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I too heard this rumour this morning, but its that season so take it for what it is. But the acquisition of Perry would make the top-6 in Vancouver pretty formidable - Burrows drops down to the 3rd line with Hodgson and Malhotra, booya.

nuxfan, i wouldn't drop Burrows down to the third line myself. He'd be back with Kesler where he first "broke out" and became a decent offensive player. Higgins, i would drop to the third line myself. I'd even consider Perry on the 2nd line and leave the top line alone, in an effort to balance the scoring.

I don't think so myself - at this point in time, that second line of Booth/Higgins/Kesler is gold, they've been the best line for several games now, and play great together. I think thats the last line you touch right now.

Which does present a problem, as Perry is a bonafide first line player. I do think that AV would see what he could do with the Sedin's, and put Burrows on the 3rd line with Hodgson and Malhotra/Hansen. That doesn't take anything away from Burrows, a 3rd line like that would be a fast gritty line capable of scoring, and would be expected to produce. That would be a formidable top-3 lines.
Alex116 Posted - 01/27/2012 : 16:42:31
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I too heard this rumour this morning, but its that season so take it for what it is. But the acquisition of Perry would make the top-6 in Vancouver pretty formidable - Burrows drops down to the 3rd line with Hodgson and Malhotra, booya.

nuxfan, i wouldn't drop Burrows down to the third line myself. He'd be back with Kesler where he first "broke out" and became a decent offensive player. Higgins, i would drop to the third line myself. I'd even consider Perry on the 2nd line and leave the top line alone, in an effort to balance the scoring.
nuxfan Posted - 01/27/2012 : 16:30:04
quote:
Originally posted by Statman

I think that Anaheim has to struggle through this season and see where they sit next year before deciding to unload any of their superstars which are so difficult to acquire in the first place. Many bad deals have been made with GM's making knee jerk reactions.

Having said that, IF they do decide to unload Corey Perry, I think that would be a great package to get back. If anything, I think Corey Schneider's value is underrated in this deal and I would think the Canucks would also be looking for a draft choice in return as well, if not a depth roster player.

Of course you can't make any deal these days without consulting your capologist first, so how do the finances work out on this one?

Statman, I agree - this deal (if it happens), when you boil it down, is mainly Perry for Schneider. Ballard goes the other way to clear the cap space required to fit Perry into the Canuck cap, but he is a serviceable defenseman that could use a change of scenery and might blossom again in ANA. Raymond is RFA after this year, and while plenty fast is not scoring enough to warrant his 2.5M salary - he's the odd man out in the top-9 with the emergence of Hodgson, and has been rumoured to be on the block since the new year.

Cap wise, this works well, Ballard + Raymond is more than Perry.

Alex116 Posted - 01/27/2012 : 15:51:37
Statman, while Perry's "worth" could possibly be at it's peak, i think they could do better than this offer. Of course, Schneider could turn out to be the next Brodeur, Hasek, Roy type goalie too?

Salary wise, i think it works, and i think it is why Ballard would be involved. He's not as bad as he played last year, but has 3 more years at 4.2 mil still to come! He would need to become a top 4 for sure at that dollar!

If MG held out for a draft pick on top of this and it wrecked the deal, i'm sure some Canucks fans would likley wanna burn his house down (not the whole city this time though)
Statman Posted - 01/27/2012 : 15:32:56
I think that Anaheim has to struggle through this season and see where they sit next year before deciding to unload any of their superstars which are so difficult to acquire in the first place. Many bad deals have been made with GM's making knee jerk reactions.

Having said that, IF they do decide to unload Corey Perry, I think that would be a great package to get back. If anything, I think Corey Schneider's value is underrated in this deal and I would think the Canucks would also be looking for a draft choice in return as well, if not a depth roster player.

Of course you can't make any deal these days without consulting your capologist first, so how do the finances work out on this one?
Guest7116 Posted - 01/27/2012 : 15:02:14
haha ... if this happens anaheim is dumb. It makes no sense

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page