Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Jordan Schroeder

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0978 Posted - 02/05/2012 : 21:08:39
What ever happened to this guy? When he was drafted he was the 5th ranked forward and considered a major steal when the Canucks got him. But at this point it looks unlikely that he'll be a part of the Canucks in the near future. Opinion?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0978 Posted - 02/07/2012 : 15:53:59
The only reason Jensen didn't use his teammates at wjc was because he knew they werent as good as him, and that he could've done more in certain situations
Statman Posted - 02/07/2012 : 13:48:41
quote:
However, I see Shroeder as a bit weak, and I would not be surprised to see Jensen pass Schroeder on the depth chart over the next couple of years - he really impressed in camp this past year, and he's 3 years younger and has the size that the team so highly covets right now.
"Three years younger" is considered an advantage in regards to the acquisition and long term value of a player as an asset, not in regards to whom the Canucks would insert in their lineup. Experience is better, which is why they send guys to the AHL in the first place.

When you draft college guys, it is often with the understanding that you won't get them for another four years. Though Schroeder did leave the Gophers after a couple of years, a little more seasoning is needed. As for Jensen, he was impressive at the WJC's, but in a very raw way. There are many elements of the game he needs to work on before he is NHL ready, including defense and the ability to better use his teammates. He seemed a little individualistic to me, like a poor man's Taylor Hall. Still, he is an exciting young prospect.
Guest0966 Posted - 02/06/2012 : 17:37:08
what a lil buddy...
nuxfan Posted - 02/06/2012 : 09:18:33
quote:
Originally posted by Statman

Your statement seems almost contradictory, nuxfan. You astutely point out the depth logjam the Canucks have and then say Jensen will be with the team in two years. My guess is Niclas Jensen will likely have the same AHL treatment as Schroeder did, it merely depends how he performs when he is down there.

As for Jordan Schroeder, let's not overlook the fact that he only turned pro at the end of last season, with this being his first full year in the AHL. Next training camp will be big for him to show his stuff to the Canucks brass, in my opinion.

Valid point - I wasn't meaning to be contradictory. There is a logjam in Vancouver now that precludes pretty much anyone coming up, but in 2 years time there will likely be less of one, and I would think that the team will be able to finally start bringing up some of their younger talent.

However, I see Shroeder as a bit weak, and I would not be surprised to see Jensen pass Schroeder on the depth chart over the next couple of years - he really impressed in camp this past year, and he's 3 years younger and has the size that the team so highly covets right now.
Guest7692 Posted - 02/06/2012 : 04:34:45
he is like actually pretyt good though
Statman Posted - 02/06/2012 : 02:24:30
Your statement seems almost contradictory, nuxfan. You astutely point out the depth logjam the Canucks have and then say Jensen will be with the team in two years. My guess is Niclas Jensen will likely have the same AHL treatment as Schroeder did, it merely depends how he performs when he is down there.

As for Jordan Schroeder, let's not overlook the fact that he only turned pro at the end of last season, with this being his first full year in the AHL. Next training camp will be big for him to show his stuff to the Canucks brass, in my opinion.
nuxfan Posted - 02/05/2012 : 22:04:57
The reason he was such a steal was because so many teams felt he was undersized for the NHL. At 21 years of age, he's listed at 5'9/177 in the AHL - plenty small by current NHL standards. He comes to camp every fall, and performed well this past offseason - however with the depth of the Canucks it is an uphill battle for any skill forwards to make the team - consider Hodgson who was drafted the year before Shroeder has only just made it as a regular with the Canucks.

I do think that his size is working against him - while there are certainly examples of successful smaller (both height and weight) guys in the NHL, those players are few and far between, and have to really stand out in junior/AHL - Shroeder is not doing that. At the age of nearly 22, you have to think that his big growth years are behind him - he's not going to suddenly add 3 inches and 20 pounds over the summer.

He is currently playing for the Wolves in the AHL, and is producing at a relatively good clip right now (27pts in 46 games). I personally don't see him in a Canucks uniform anytime soon, he seems to be the weakest of all the recent first rounders, and I would not be surprised to see Niklas Jensen pass him on the depth chart and be with the team within 2 years.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page