Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Rick Nash's list

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest5744 Posted - 02/15/2012 : 12:45:18
which teams do you think Rick Nash has made available for him to be traded to?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 02/21/2012 : 12:30:26
LA has to be in the mix - something needs to be done with that team. I don't think this past summer that many people thought they'd be dead last in the NHL in scoring, but here they are barely hanging onto the playoffs mainly due to the phenomenal season that Quick is having.

If any team needs scoring its them. And they have the cap space to fit Nash (or Carter in). And they have some pieces that would be attractive to CBJ. It seems like a perfect match.
ryan93 Posted - 02/21/2012 : 10:00:38
Most sources i've read recently seem to suggest LA & NYR are the front runners. As much as I'd like to see Nash on the Rangers, the combination of his huge contract ($7.8 million for 6 more years) & the rumored asking price from CBJ has me hoping he lands in LA. The Rangers would have one of, if not the best group of RW's in the league if a trade did happen though in Rick Nash, Marian Gaborik & Ryan Callahan!

I could defiinitely see a trade with LA going down though, if not for Rick Nash then for Jeff Carter. I'd have to imagine LA would have a keen interest in Jonathan Bernier.
ToXXiK1 Posted - 02/21/2012 : 09:26:27
Nash may have grown up a huge Leaf fan, but is that enough for him to want to go there? Or is a shot at a Cup now more appealing?
Hate to say it, but Bos or NYR if he moves before the summer. And for the record, i'm not a fan of him going to Boston. Dtroit I don't think want a salary that big when the get their best players to take the "hometown" discount.
ryan93 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 11:27:11
I liked the chant from the MSG faithful last night at the Rangers/Blue Jackets game..."we don't want you".
Guest3189 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 09:21:20
I agree with most that the places nash wants to go, don't have a deep need for him, and the top performing teams will definitely not shake up the lineup, and risk losing chemistry, in addition to risking the future on Nash. The cost will be too high to keep, and too high to maintain (seriously, 8 freaking mil?!?!)

Nash might move in the off season, when teams have time to deal with the cap, and players are already on the move.

Frankly, I see this as an uneducated move by columbus, as surely this will reduce interest and value in carter, who was going to give a decent return anyways. Plus, just like the kovie deal (and selanne before that) the teams in the mix, if they are interested wont pursue anything else for fear of losing their chance at nash.

On the upswing, if CBJ does get both deals done (now or after the season) they should be pretty well tooled for next season to start developing youth (great for whatever city they move to since the face of their franchise selling out ownt help ticket sales lol)

Ooops, I talk too much....
Guest9701 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 09:10:45
Classic Alex Post!! LMAO! I enjoyed reading that. I'm sure you'd rather have Scott Gomex than Nash, so tell us what the Canucks would give up to get Gomez. Enlighten us. Share some that insider hockey knowledge. Try to come up with something other than "stirring the pot" or "go troll somewhere else". Out of all your posts each day, make this reply the best. Don't dissappoint.

Alex116 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 08:30:32
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1451

Great post Alex. My cat knows that Vancouver doesn't need Nash without you even mentioning it - and he's a cat. State the obvious much? He also probably won't go to the Dallas Stars, should I spent three paragraphs explaining why? Now tell me why I'm stupid and get another Canucks fan to get on here and give you a big attaboy.

"Letter to a troll and his feline friend"

Dear Guest1451 and Felix (the cat)....

My sincere apologies for wasting your time reading "all this crap" when you're "trying to get some real information about where Rick Nash will end up". It was so silly of me to not fully understand that PUH is THE place to go to find all the answers. When i'm done this post, i will begin doing my taxes on here, booking my next flight and applying for the head coaching job in Montreal! Thank you for reminding me that this site is so full of info and opportunities!

Sincerely...
Alex

You really need to work on your trolling, as this stuff is not just bad, it's just far too obvious of an attempt to live up to the "Troll Mission Statement", that being "stirring the pot". What you've just posted in your last two psa's (pot stirring attempts), makes little to no sense considering the rest of this thread which you obviously haven't read. What you actually missed was 3 guest posters asking and commenting about a scenario where Vancouver would trade for Nash and why it would or wouldn't happen. It's all there if you care to scroll back up and read it.

And, concerning my Canucks bretheren, i need not wait for them to support me with any "attaboy's" when i can just do it myself! ATTABOY Alex! [Pats self on back] As far as telling you why you're stupid, i have to admit, i can't do it any better than you've done yourself. ATTABOY! You deserved one too! Now, run along, clean and refresh the litter box and tidy up underneath your bridge. Surely Felix deserves a clean place in which to snuggle with you?

Guest1451 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 01:01:23
Great post Alex. My cat knows that Vancouver doesn't need Nash without you even mentioning it - and he's a cat. State the obvious much? He also probably won't go to the Dallas Stars, should I spent three paragraphs explaining why? Now tell me why I'm stupid and get another Canucks fan to get on here and give you a big attaboy.
Alex116 Posted - 02/19/2012 : 01:12:19
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1451

Once again, even though the deal would make no sense, we all get to read 30 posts about the Vancouver Canucks. We get it, you like your team. Stop making me read all this crap when I'm trying to get some real information about where Rick Nash will end up. Please.

The Nucks don't need him (Nash) for the price he'll cost, simple as that! Is that enough info for you?
sahis34 Posted - 02/18/2012 : 20:49:15
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

Oilers fans have to get it out of their heads; They're not going to nash, they're not going to get weber. And at the bounty it would cost them Id hardly want to.

to *get* nash.
Sorry
[/quote]

Sahis, you do know as a member you can edit your posts, right?
[/quote]

Good to know
Guest1451 Posted - 02/18/2012 : 20:10:28
Once again, even though the deal would make no sense, we all get to read 30 posts about the Vancouver Canucks. We get it, you like your team. Stop making me read all this crap when I'm trying to get some real information about where Rick Nash will end up. Please.
Alex116 Posted - 02/18/2012 : 14:49:03
Been wondering where you've been Pasty! In another 5 weeks, it'll be almost time for you to pay up for our bet with your siggy for the playoffs!!!! Sweet! The Nucks need all the support we can get!
Pasty7 Posted - 02/18/2012 : 14:35:43
got a funny feeling he will end up in New York, yup havn`t herd from me in 5 weeks and thats all i got for you guys 5 more weeks of training seeya in another 5 weeks!

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Alex116 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 19:34:57
quote:
Originally posted by sahis34

Oilers fans have to get it out of their heads; They're not going to nash, they're not going to get weber. And at the bounty it would cost them Id hardly want to.
[/quote]

to *get* nash.
Sorry
[/quote]

Sahis, you do know as a member you can edit your posts, right?
sahis34 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 19:30:07

[/quote]

[/quote]

to *get* nash.
Sorry
sahis34 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 19:28:56
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

What would Vancouver, offer for Nash????

Schneider, Hodgson, and a 1st rounder?

My God, I hope not - that would be robbery!

The Canucks are close to the cap - so if 7.8M in salary comes to them, they have to send 7.8M the other way. Schniedier + Hodgson does not equal 7.8M, so other bodies would have to move. It would lead to a significant rearrangement of a team, that really does not need one.

I'm with Ryan - the more I think about Nash coming to my team and what it would probably take, the less I like it.

[quote]
I'm think why doesn't Edmonton put in an offer, say Hemsky, Smyth and a first rounder. Keep in mind Edmonton are likely to finish 2nd to last in the league, if so Columbus would get the 1st and 2nd draft pick for 2012, no way they can screw that up! Be a great way to start over and build for the future.

Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 19:17:04
The rumors I have been hearing about why SJ is on the list is that Thornton and Nash are often linemates during International events and they are friends off the ice as well.

That being said, I think that Slozo is pretty close on what the Leafs would offer but that simply is not enough to get Nash. I personally think there is far more smoke to this story than fire and I don't think he moves before the deadline.

However, if it does go I say it's LA. Bernier, Loktionov, Penner, and a 1st round pick.
leigh Posted - 02/16/2012 : 14:30:37
quote:

...I still don't see them doing a deal for Nash considering that the Sedin's, Burrows, Hamhuis and other core parts took hometown discounts to stay in Vancouver. How can they explain bringing in this new guy at a much higher rate than anyone else has agreed to unless he is guaranteed to be the one to put them over the top, which i don't think is the case.

EXACTLY! As nice and good spirited as the Sedin's are I don't think they would be happy with that and the Canucks won't risk their happiness. They would have to be fully on board with it for the sole purpose of winning a cup.

Although, could you imagine a sniper on the right wing with Hank and Danny? Oh man the rest of the Northwest Div would not be happy.
Alex116 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 13:37:55
Here's a great (and funny) article on the possibility of Nash landing in Vancouver! It even goes as far as mentioning a "green man" and a unicorn as part of the package deal! Lol, funny stuff......

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Rick+Nash+Canucks+Remember+heard+here+first/6160044/story.html
Alex116 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 12:29:31
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4350

quote:
Originally posted by slozo

As a Leaf fan, I honestly hope they don't sell the farm for Nash. I really don't think they should deal Gardiner, to me, he has played himself into untouchable status. He has a huge upside, and is already in our top 4, and is as slick a skater as any of the top defencemen. He looks to be Toronto's Lidstrom of the future (it's hopeful, but not delusional).

Sorry wasn't this said about Schenn last year and now he is available? If Gardiner and others are needed for Nash and Burke really wanted this trade, Gardiner will be traded.

I have to disagree. While it was said last year, that was due to the way Schenn played. He's taken a small step backwards if anything this season and may now be expendable if the right deal were to come along. The emergence of Gardiner and the stellar rookie season he's having also can only lead to Schenn being slightly more expendable at this point. Without Gardiner, Schenn prob stays as close to "untouchable" as you can be but with him, it's not the same.

I would not put it past Burke to have Schenn in a deal, but in Gardiner's case, i don't see it. It'd certainly have to be for more than a Rich Nash calibre player!
Guest4350 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 12:20:43
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

As a Leaf fan, I honestly hope they don't sell the farm for Nash. I really don't think they should deal Gardiner, to me, he has played himself into untouchable status. He has a huge upside, and is already in our top 4, and is as slick a skater as any of the top defencemen. He looks to be Toronto's Lidstrom of the future (it's hopeful, but not delusional).

Sorry wasn't this said about Schenn last year and now he is available? If Gardiner and others are needed for Nash and Burke really wanted this trade, Gardiner will be traded.
mandree888 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:53:27
if TOR was to get nash i think kessel or lupul would be in the mix somewhere.

for the record i would not want that to happen probably what CBJ is asking for though.
Guest5744 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:48:53
toronto:
rick nash

columbus:
schenn
kadri
1st round pick 2012
n/a Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:38:36
quote:

Slozo, from everything i've heard, those packages you propose would not be enough for CBJ to deal Nash. It sounds to me like they're asking for 3-5 players/prospects and they want mostly youth? Unless they ease up on their expectations of return on Nash, i don't think he'll get dealt! They just seem to be expecting far too much for this guy AND he comes with a crazy salary, not soon to expire!

I agree . . . the asking price sounds exorbitant.

The only thing working in Toronto's favour to get the deal that doesn't really hurt them, is the Magic of Burkie

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Alex116 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:33:40
Slozo, from everything i've heard, those packages you propose would not be enough for CBJ to deal Nash. It sounds to me like they're asking for 3-5 players/prospects and they want mostly youth? Unless they ease up on their expectations of return on Nash, i don't think he'll get dealt! They just seem to be expecting far too much for this guy AND he comes with a crazy salary, not soon to expire!
n/a Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:14:27
In addition,
Just to add to the rumour mill in regards to Nash:

Schenn sat out last night's game against the Oilers. He did practice though.

Could Burke have asked to have him out of the lineup, "just in case" the deal went through last night?

Who knows?

n/a Posted - 02/16/2012 : 11:10:24
Thanks for that updated list from TSN Beans. San Jose is a surprise among that list for me!

I agree with the others here, I actually think the more marginal playoff teams - LA and Toronto - have a much better shot at getting Nash. The other three teams are so solid, that I can't imagine them having to give away talented roster players to fit in a huge contract . . . wouldn't make much sense.

From LA's perspective, it looks like Bernier or Drew Doughty would be the key piece. I could easily see them dealing Bernier, so it's a definite possibility.

From Toronto's perspective, I have heard rumours that they really want Gardiner (our awesome rookie d-man who is already playing like a vet). Other than him, it might include a combination of Schenn and at least another solid roster player . . . I would think one of Reimer or Gustavsson, or perhaps a Grabovski or Kulemin. Both would include other add-ons.

As a Leaf fan, I honestly hope they don't sell the farm for Nash. I really don't think they should deal Gardiner, to me, he has played himself into untouchable status. He has a huge upside, and is already in our top 4, and is as slick a skater as any of the top defencemen. He looks to be Toronto's Lidstrom of the future (it's hopeful, but not delusional). And there is no good reason to move Grabovski or Kulemin, from my perspective . . . especially for that HUGE contract/cap hit.

As a Toronto fan, I can think of several packages I'd offer for Nash that might be attractive enough for Columbus, while unloading a bit of salary for cap considerations:

-MacArthur, Connolly, Rynnas
-Schenn, Lombardi, Gustavsson
-Aulie, Lombardi, MacArthur

But honestly, I wouldn't want to give up too much more than that. And, I think it might not be enough for what Columbus is asking for, so . . .

. . . have fun in LA, Rick!

Beans15 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 10:08:46
According to TSN.ca the five team short list that Nash gave CBJ is Boston, LA, San Jose, NYR, and Toronto.

Here is my thing with Nash: I get that he is a great player. He's the prototype power forward. Big, strong, can move well, scores goals. But let's face it, he's 28 yrs old. He MIGHT have 2 really solid years left before you start to see a slide. He is likely to be a borderline 40 goal guy for another 2 season and then get closer to 30. How much is that worth?

Firstly, his cap hit is absurd. At nearly $8 million for another 6 years, one would think that is a 100 pt/season player. Nash is simply not that good. Secondly, how much if a team willing to give up to get him??? CBJ is apparently looking for a young roster player, at least one top prospect, and a 1st round draft pick. Tell me one single team in the NHL today (even considering the other 25 teams not on the list) that would improve more by having Nash than having the 3 pieces CBJ expects to get??

I don't think there are very many if any at all. His suggested value is too high and the cap hit too high and too long.
nuxfan Posted - 02/16/2012 : 09:21:02
I don't see any of the top contenders - BOS, NYR, VAN - wanting to upset their current teams too much, and as such will probably not be seriously in the running. We read the first rumour about a package from NRY, I read a rumour that a package from BOS might have to include Rask and Lucic - that has to be a non-starter for BOS right away, is Nash really a significant upgrade to Lucic? The reality is that the top teams don't have to do much at the deadline, so why would they mess with whatever is working?

I think LA might be a prime destination for Nash - they have cap space to fit him in (although we all recall the public fight last fall with Doughty, when LA claimed that no King would make more than 7M) this year and beyond, they have the trade bait to send the other way, and they have a need for that kind of player - assuming that Penner is not resigned and Gagne is not resigned after next season. Unlike other teams, LA has 2 quality young goalies - both Bernier and Quick are around the same age, so they're not sacrificing their future in net by moving Bernier, and Quick has shown he is one of the premier goalies in the NHL.

All in all, good fit for LA.
ryan93 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 08:13:19
Rask won't be going anywhere. If Boston trades a goaltender anytime soon it'll be Tim Thomas....and CBJ won't be looking for a soon to be 38 year old goaltender as the centerpiece of a Nash trade.
Guest2260 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 07:16:40

I think there are only really 3 factors to consider
1. where does Nash want to go?
- I would think attractive teams would be solid cup contenders and teams close to home (canada)
2. what does Columbus want in return?
- I am thinking goaltending and young talent
3. who can afford him?

Given this I feel LA is probably a long shot they do have Bernier but are struggling for a playoff spot and would need to dump salery to afford Nash. They are also a long way from Canada.

Toronto is probably also a long shot but they are Nash's favourite team growing up closer to home and do have 2 decent goaltenders and a lot of youth to offer. they would need to dump salery like Schenn or Grabovsky though.

Vancouver has Schneider or lets face it even Luongo might be up for trade. they are good for a deep playoff run and with Nash would be pretty scarry I think they have lots of trade bate I am just not sure Nash is that excited about Vancouver and the west coast.

Philly and Boston are interesting choices. Philly has lots of young talent to offer as well as Babrovsky and are probably one pieces away from a cup contending team.
Boston won the cup last year are just as strong this year and has Rask to offer along with Horton and a 1st round pick maybe?
Go_Habs_Go Posted - 02/16/2012 : 06:05:17
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617049

"Bon point Jacques!" - Benoît Brunet
Guest5744 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 05:44:48
i agree i think its los angeles or nash will be waiting until summer.
Guest6395 Posted - 02/16/2012 : 03:54:38
theres no way rick nash goes to vancouver they cant afford him his contract is 7.8m with the sedins loungo and kesler thats 35m gone and like half your salary cap his best bet is L.A
nuxfan Posted - 02/15/2012 : 22:25:51
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4465

My God, I hope not - that would be robbery!

The Canucks are close to the cap - so if 7.8M in salary comes to them, they have to send 7.8M the other way. Schniedier + Hodgson does not equal 7.8M, so other bodies would have to move. It would lead to a significant rearrangement of a team, that really does not need one.

I'm with Ryan - the more I think about Nash coming to my team and what it would probably take, the less I like it.

quote:

I'm think why doesn't Edmonton put in an offer, say Hemsky, Smyth and a first rounder. Keep in mind Edmonton are likely to finish 2nd to last in the league, if so Columbus would get the 1st and 2nd draft pick for 2012, no way they can screw that up! Be a great way to start over and build for the future.

I think we would all be a little stunned if EDM was on Nash's list of acceptable destinations...
Alex116 Posted - 02/15/2012 : 21:53:58
I don't think Vancouver would offer both Schneider AND Hodgson in a deal for Nash, but i could be wrong? AND a 1st rounder??? Obviously it'd be a low 1st rounder, but still!

I mentioned elsewhere that Edler and Kesler's names were thrown around today in discussions on the radio (not rumours, but just ideas from callers and hosts!). I'm guessing Kesler's name is involved as the Canucks don't have the cap room for Nash's huge deal unless they send some serious money the other way. As much as i'd love to see Nash in a Canucks uni, i would prefer to see him with Kesler as his C. Maybe moving forward, the Canucks think Hodgson can step into the #2 role as he certainly is proving his worth in limited ice time this season.

I still don't see them doing a deal for Nash considering that the Sedin's, Burrows, Hamhuis and other core parts took hometown discounts to stay in Vancouver. How can they explain bringing in this new guy at a much higher rate than anyone else has agreed to unless he is guaranteed to be the one to put them over the top, which i don't think is the case.
Guest4465 Posted - 02/15/2012 : 21:38:03

ryan93 Posted - 02/15/2012 : 21:15:11
Well Penner & Hunter would really just be salary dumps by the Kings more than anything. Bernier & a 1st...honestly I have no idea if that's the type of package it would take to get a deal done or not. All I know is that if it takes a deal like the one mentioned in the other thread (Dubinsky, Stepan, Kreider & a 1st), then I hope the Rangers stay clear. The more I think about it, that's just crazy!!
n/a Posted - 02/15/2012 : 21:06:05
I talked about this before, and totally forgot about LA. And they might be the front runners, looking at things situationally.

Bernier is a good young goalie, and could be available. Penner is trade bait as always.

Actually, that deal sounds great and fair for Nash . . . really, I don't get people thinking Nash could get more than that, it's really ridiculous.

nuxfan Posted - 02/15/2012 : 15:56:11
according to this link: http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2012/02/14/blue-jackets-reportedly-put-rick-nash-on-the-trade-market/

The list is strongly rumoured to be PHI, LA, NYR. LaBrun thinks that TOR is on it, and Bob McKenzie thinks VAN is on it as well. That is a very small list.

Also included was a rumoured package from LA:

To LA: Nash
To CBJ: Bernier, Penner, Trent Hunter, and a first rounder

Seems low-ish to me and was denied...

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page