Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 1st Vancouver rioter sentenced!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 02/18/2012 : 08:22:50
It took 8 months, but finally the first, of what should be many, idiots/rioters, was sentenced ito 17 months in jail! Awesome! Now get the others jailed so they don't get to ruin it for the responsible fans when this years cup run comes!

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/young-man-sentenced-17-months-in-first-stanley-cup-riot-conviction/article2340871/?service=mobile
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest0608 Posted - 02/24/2012 : 10:38:20
For the bleeding hearts that are crying the blues over this sentence - he destroyed TWO police vehicles. The sentence was WAY LIGHT!!
foolpittier Posted - 02/21/2012 : 13:51:48
GOOD
Guest6498 Posted - 02/21/2012 : 11:31:21
Good!
The behavior of those Vancouverites who participated is an embarrassment to all of BC and all Canuck fans everywhere. I am ashamed to be associated with Vancouverites simply because I cheer for the Canucks.
2ForInstigating Posted - 02/21/2012 : 09:21:21
3.7 million in damages from the entire riot?
Wow.... thats... not a lot...
why not just make Luongo pay for all the damage? Not like he earns his paychecks 3 months a season....
Keep the fans outta jail and going back to games, spending more money there....
nuxfan Posted - 02/20/2012 : 16:43:21
indeed - this dude will probably get at the higher end of the spectrum, given that he has a record, and was under curfew the night of the riot (what are you thinking...).

<off topic>
I love our justice system. 10 days in jail for kicking a guy in the head, and 17 months for breaking a couple of windows during a riot.
</off topic>

Hopefully we'll have everyone sorted before this year's finals.
topcornermax Posted - 02/20/2012 : 12:24:46
He had a previous conviction and a drinking problem I say for this case it was a good call by the courts.
Guest6354 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 12:16:40
Actually guys this is bad... While I agree the riots should be punished I can guarantee the government just totally shot themselves in the foot on this one. Let see here Government sentence contrite or at least apparently contrite rioter who plead guilty thereby saving the courts thousands of dollars to 17 months in prison when the maximum sentence you can receive is 18 months. How does this look to rioters that are about to be charged. I can plead guilty get 17 months of prison or plead not guilty and hopefully get off scot free on a technicality... I don't know I think they just totally overplayed their plan.
Guest7961 Posted - 02/20/2012 : 03:11:27
Hang "em high

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page