Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Rumor - Steve Ott to Vancouver

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clatts Posted - 02/26/2012 : 10:22:03
Rumor on NHL.com. He's gritty, decent talent,wins faceoff. 2years left on a 3mil a year contract.

What would Van have to give up?

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 02/26/2012 : 22:26:53
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

Honestly I can't really see the Stars getting rid of Ott. He is such an effective player that every team needs and is certainly playing his role in Dallas and they love him down there!
If anything does happen though, there would need to be a pick thrown in there as well. The Stars could use some depth on the right wing, so maybe an Ott for Jannik Hansen I can see.

I wouldn't count on him getting traded though. If Dallas makes the playoffs, they would need someone like Ott to win those dirty games.

Yeah, I'm not really sure where the Ott thing came from - it was reported locally a few days ago that he might be on the block, and then on Sportsnet as well. But I'm not sure why DAL would be looking to dump at this point, they look like they might make the postseason, so its not clear that he's even available.

Ott for Hansen makes no sense - they're the same type of player, why is either team making that trade? Honestly, I think Hansen is the better side of that equation as well.

Ott for Tanev - Alex, good point about Ballard, now that he's got a concussion they'll need Tanev going into the post season. I hope the Canucks don't think about trading him, he's emerged as a shining defensive prospect for the Canucks.

Ott for Raymond and a first round pick - that might be doable - I think there is a good chance that VAN may walk away from Raymond after this season (unless he signs for less, he's not worth his current salary). Our first round pick looks to be high 20's. Ott would be a welcome addition in Vancouver.
semin-rules Posted - 02/26/2012 : 20:57:29
Honestly I can't really see the Stars getting rid of Ott. He is such an effective player that every team needs and is certainly playing his role in Dallas and they love him down there!
If anything does happen though, there would need to be a pick thrown in there as well. The Stars could use some depth on the right wing, so maybe an Ott for Jannik Hansen I can see.

I wouldn't count on him getting traded though. If Dallas makes the playoffs, they would need someone like Ott to win those dirty games.
Alex116 Posted - 02/26/2012 : 19:20:24
I'm not sure Tanev's an overpayment. I think that'd be a pretty fair deal actually. Keep in mind, the team initiating the deal, which we'd have to assume is Vancouver, usually have to ante up to get what they want at this time of year. I think the Canucks would part with Tanev for Ott, but keep in mind, they (Canucks) were rumoured to be looking for defensive depth. With Ballard on LTIR now, can they afford to deal Tanev?

I'd prefer Raymond for Ott, but Dallas would prob want a pick as well.
Clatts Posted - 02/26/2012 : 13:34:24
Maybe an overpayment but if Ott puts them over the top in the playoffs then it would be well worth it

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
nuxfan Posted - 02/26/2012 : 11:43:13
its been rumoured for a few days now that they're interested in him, although its not clear that he's available. He is exactly the kind of player that VAN needs though, so if he's available I hope they are pursuing him.

As for getting him, I'm not sure - what is DAL looking for? Perhaps a young defenseman like Tanev (which would be an overpayment), or someone like Raymond + a pick. Hard to say.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page