Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Dion Phanuf - laughable

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest6835 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 05:47:51
This guy is the laughing stock of the N.H.L.He can hardly skate,can.t get up when he falls down,which is often.Can't stop when in own end,easier to run into his own goalie and knock the puck into his own net.Give me the minutes Wilson gives him and I would have more points.Is it me or does anyone else fall out of their chair laughing at this out of shape overpaid clown.Get in shape this summer or hang em up.No playoffs again.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6465 Posted - 03/05/2012 : 19:33:47
Luke has more and better hits than Dion.Trade Phanuf to team RED BULL and find a #1 goalie.Dump Lombardie,Connley,and any other top six forward that isn't averaging .5 points a game.What are you paying these guy's for.Oh yea,I forgot,it's Toronto.Why not just play your minors and forget the big contracts.Phanuf was a good junior.Has yet to show his worth in the N.Not to trash him but I can only pick myself off the floor from laughing so many times.Maybe time to set up on the floor for leaf games.Oh Ya,when they have enough of Carlisle behind the bench give Mark Hunter a call.Just a few thoughts.
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/05/2012 : 11:03:26
I'd rather have Dion than not. But they need a REAL shut down guy back there too. As for his being captain? NO captain should be wearing a Red Bull cap every time he's interviewed. He's the Leaf captain not a rep for team Red Bull. Lose the cap Dion. You look like a twit. And up your game while you're at it. Dirty Ron is gone and so is the apron you hid behind.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
mandree888 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 06:14:10
i get the fact the dion is an offesive defencmen btu whe you are the captain ofone of the worst defensive teams in the league and you play defence how does that not make you lpay defence a little more often. i mean seriously now i realize this guy cant do every thing but he should be backing up and system that wilson uses (if any). i think he looks for the big hit to often instead of clearing the puck. which would be ok if his team (that he leads) would back him up and get the puck after he hits the carrier to the ice.
dont get me wrong i am happy he is on our team i dont like him as captain. or assistant captain for that matter. i think he is a defencemen i would put on the third pairing because i feel he is to much of a liabilty on defence.
when i first heard they made him captain i was saying o crap!
norris worthy give me a break!!! not even close.
Alex116 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 21:57:45
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

I'm still tryin' to figure who Phanuf is? Anyone?

That's laughable!

Exactly! FER, i'm pretty sure they're talking about Dionne Fanoof.
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/01/2012 : 20:42:36
I'm still tryin' to figure who Phanuf is? Anyone?

That's laughable!
Shepsky Posted - 03/01/2012 : 18:27:25
I would have to agree with beans on this, Phaneuf is the player expected to be, an offensive defence man, maybe over paid, maybe shouldn't be captain, but the reason Toronto is losing? No. Even if you don't like Phaneuf as captain, would still want this guy on my team, even though he gets caught out of position, he can make the big hits, and get in on the offense. I wouldn't say laughable, but not an excellent 2 way player either
nuxfan Posted - 03/01/2012 : 15:37:45
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

I have to admit that Dion is definitely not the player i thought the leafs were getting in that deal. Is he as bad as some make him out to be ?? I don`t think he is horrible but no Shea Weber...thats for sure.

Every leaf player is analized to death by fans and the media...guess its a part of playing in Toronto.

In the case of Dion though...if yout gonna make 6 - 7 million per season...you better produce better results than he has ( especially defensively ) thats for sure.

I guess you're finally seeing what CGY fans and other western teams saw all those years as Phaneuf declined... as Beans says, he hasn't changed since he got to TOR.
Beans15 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 14:05:12
Dion Phaneuf is the same player he has always been. Great offensive, big hitting defensemen who is not as solid defensively and occasionally makes poor decision in the neutral zone. That was the scouting report out of juniors, it was what he did in Calgary, and what he has done in TO.

You can't fault a guy for playing the game he does and gets paid to do. Dion Phaneuf (as much as I don't like the guy) is every bit the players he is expected to be and what he has always been. I don't think it's fair to sing a guys virtues or to junk on a guy for playing ust based on winning and losing. He's consistently the same.
mandree888 Posted - 03/01/2012 : 10:32:54
lol ok are we saying that the leafs are crap because of their captain( who shouldnt be a captain) or their coach. lmao make up you minds now this is important. (not really they are still pi$$ing me off) either way phanuf was doing ok at the start of the year he looking for the big hit to many times now and getting caught out of position to much now as the captain all i have to say is WTF!!!!! you are the captain of the worst defence in the league and you are defence!!!!! WTF!!!! WAKE THE H E double hockey sticks UP!!!!!!!!!
for those wondering i do think the leafs need a defence minded coach. but the players must be help responsable to some degree as well. especially if the captain of the team is defence.
The Duke Posted - 03/01/2012 : 10:01:14
I have to admit that Dion is definitely not the player i thought the leafs were getting in that deal. Is he as bad as some make him out to be ?? I don`t think he is horrible but no Shea Weber...thats for sure.

Every leaf player is analized to death by fans and the media...guess its a part of playing in Toronto.

In the case of Dion though...if yout gonna make 6 - 7 million per season...you better produce better results than he has ( especially defensively ) thats for sure.
nuxfan Posted - 03/01/2012 : 09:57:16
no, that can't be right. I heard Wilson and Burke and the Toronto press saying earlier in the year that he was the best defenseman in the NHL, when he was being lined up as an early Norris candidate. Must be some other Phaneuf you're talking about.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page