Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 CROSBY CLEARED!.... again!

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mandree888 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 10:45:26
is this the begining of the end? crosby cleared for contact once again in the season. and could play soon

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=620790
21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafs81 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 14:38:04
I really hope that this comeback will last and that Crosby will have a long career full of success.

I will be cheering for Pittsburgh during the Stanley Cup Finals.

Hockey is better with him
Beans15 Posted - 03/16/2012 : 10:39:11
I'm glad you can laugh about it. It's always tough to look back in history. I'd like to think I am about .500 or better in my predictions, but I'm only fooling myself. It's more like 1 out of 10 of my predictions come true. It just sucks if one supports their argument so strongly and it turns out to be a dud over time.

Crosby did look decent last night. Not sure about all the line shuffling that Bylsma was doing, but who cares? 5-2 against the beast in the East. Pitt is dangerous at just the right time. If that team is healthy, they are the one's to beat.

Bank on that, I am right 10% of the time!!!
n/a Posted - 03/16/2012 : 04:56:30
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

With the second most points in the east, and one of the front men for the art Ross, can you think of a time this year when the penguins have NOT been a force to be reckoned with? Even through injuries to Crosby, Stall, Letang, and anyone else. This is a good team with an excellent coach.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

What on earth are your talking about??? The Penguins are not a great team with sound coaching, depth at all positions, and quality goaltending??? They are a miracle. It is absurd to think that this team is anything other than a fluke for performing to this standard over the past 2 seasons without their super-duper star, Sidney Crosby.

Fluke, and nothing more.......

**Sarcasm alert. Sarcasm alert***

This post was specifically intended to be thick with sarcasm. It's audience are those who believe the Penguins got lucky making the playoffs last season and were a marginal bet to make the playoffs this season.

I have no idea who you'd be talking about, Beano . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 03/15/2012 : 12:56:44
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

With the second most points in the east, and one of the front men for the art Ross, can you think of a time this year when the penguins have NOT been a force to be reckoned with? Even through injuries to Crosby, Stall, Letang, and anyone else. This is a good team with an excellent coach.

-Mario Lemieux

What on earth are your talking about??? The Penguins are not a great team with sound coaching, depth at all positions, and quality goaltending??? They are a miracle. It is absurd to think that this team is anything other than a fluke for performing to this standard over the past 2 seasons without their super-duper star, Sidney Crosby.

Fluke, and nothing more.......

**Sarcasm alert. Sarcasm alert***

This post was specifically intended to be thick with sarcasm. It's audience are those who believe the Penguins got lucky making the playoffs last season and were a marginal bet to make the playoffs this season.
mandree888 Posted - 03/15/2012 : 12:17:44
very true shepsky. i sould have said even more of a force to be reckoned with.
Shepsky Posted - 03/15/2012 : 12:13:49

-Mario Lemieux
mandree888 Posted - 03/15/2012 : 10:45:12
yikes now letang is back tonight too. looks like the peguins are posed to be a forced to be reckoned with again.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=7502
umteman Posted - 03/14/2012 : 19:54:21
I'm sure his playing time will be limited at first. It's a safe bet that he won't even be on the first line against the Rangers. As littel as he has played in the past year he will have to be worked back into form for the playoffs.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 12:07:23
I think he will once again surprise everyone with how not rusted he is. Like I said before, Let's hope he doesn't suffer a career ending injury now.

-Mario Lemieux
mandree888 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 10:48:39
crosby set to play against the rangers this up coming thursday.
Alex116 Posted - 03/10/2012 : 12:18:28
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Expectations may be considered "sad" and unfair, however, while he won't contend for the Art Ross, would anyone be surprised to see him outscore everyone for the final 15 or so games? I know i wouldn't, he's just that good.

I'd be surprised if he outscored everyone. I think he'll be slow out of the gate and be back at 100% for playoffs

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors

I know it was a small sample, but remember back in Nov when he came back and started with 11 points in 5 games after not playing for about 10 months? Were you not surprised a bit then?

I'm not saying he's gonna do it, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he did outscore the rest upon his return!
Clatts Posted - 03/10/2012 : 10:16:38
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Expectations may be considered "sad" and unfair, however, while he won't contend for the Art Ross, would anyone be surprised to see him outscore everyone for the final 15 or so games? I know i wouldn't, he's just that good.

I'd be surprised if he outscored everyone. I think he'll be slow out of the gate and be back at 100% for playoffs

Don Cherry on Visors
Guest7961 Posted - 03/09/2012 : 03:57:24
Stills, Nash, Young await trial.
Guest2692 Posted - 03/07/2012 : 17:10:18
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

Crosby plays hockey!? I thought he was too busy drinking Gatorade and helping people pick out equipment at Sport Check

Don Cherry on Visors

He helped me pick out a stick the other day and then i tested out its durability by cross checking him in the head
Alex116 Posted - 03/07/2012 : 15:18:33
Guest6366 Posted - 03/07/2012 : 08:10:31
Wonder if with less than 20 games to go if he will contend for the ART ROSS trophy? It's sad but that is how much pressure this young kid is under, coming back from this serious injury and everyone expects the best of him.
Shepsky Posted - 03/06/2012 : 20:07:42
I would love to see Crosby come back, as would most nhl fans, but I know he's had a lot of time off, but I hope he's actually ready to play. This is coming down the stretch and into playoffs, this is when the games are the most intense. lets just all hope he doesn't end his career before we get to see what he can really do

-Mario Lemieux
Clatts Posted - 03/06/2012 : 18:03:25
Crosby plays hockey!? I thought he was too busy drinking Gatorade and helping people pick out equipment at Sport Check

Don Cherry on Visors
Guest4178 Posted - 03/06/2012 : 12:10:17
I'm not going to get excited about Crosby's return until I actually see him on the ice playing a game, and even then, I will be skeptical! :)
@valanche Posted - 03/06/2012 : 11:28:56
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

my pool hopes so! I've had him on the IR since early December, this would be a nice addition to make.

me too.... i couldn't decide between him and lundqvist... what a mistake that was.

66 is > than 99
nuxfan Posted - 03/06/2012 : 11:26:10
my pool hopes so! I've had him on the IR since early December, this would be a nice addition to make.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page