Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Sven Baertschi called up

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Clatts Posted - 03/08/2012 : 08:42:11
How do you think he will do? He had 10 points in the last 4 games in the dub and 8 of those were goals. 94 points in 47 games, hopefully it will translate in the NHL.

At a pace of 2 points per game for the Winterhawks Calgary fans have to be excited about Baertschi, compared to RNH in Red Deer last year who scored at a pace of just 1.54 ppg

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 20:06:14
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8875

And if I were Van's GM/Coach/Whatever I would trade Luongo for 2 pucks and a mini-stick

What are you, crazy? With the way he's been playing, you're offering too much! Hang onto that mini stick!

Getting back on topic, i don't know much about this Baertschi guy, but if he's pretty good and if their system is somewhat weak with prospects, IMO that's more of a reason to try to get something for Kipper and Iggy! Now, i understand there are NTC's likely in play, but if i were running the Flames, i'd be asking for them to waive them and start a rebuild!
Beans15 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 14:27:16
Ok guys, first off let's keep it on topic. The Vancouver comments are not relevant to the argument in the least. Debate the opinions not the people stating the opinions.

Now, to the point at hand. This kid has been impressive in a short, short stint with the Fames but it does raise questions about Iginla and/or Kipper trades. I think the last guest made some very valid points that this team is marginally good enough to make a playoff run but not good enough to likely win a series. The Flames have very little coming down the pipe with the exception of this Bartschi kid so what value is there is keeping Iginla and/or Kipper through the term of thier contracts???

Like it or not, this might be the point in time where making a trade of one or both of those superstars will be significantly more valuable in the next few seasons than keeping them.

Or, the Flames can continue to struggle to make the playoffs and enjoy their middle of the round draft picks to get the same performance then have gotten for the past decade.
Guest8875 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 13:46:08
And if I were Van's GM/Coach/Whatever I would trade Luongo for 2 pucks and a mini-stick
Guest8875 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 13:44:52
I understand not wanting to trade Iggy (he is from Edmonton). And from what I understand he doesn't want to get traded. The whole point is if they can't make the playoffs this year and then upset the 1st seed team. Then there just gonna be older next year. And there is nothing wrong with an older team (Detroit). I just think unless they got some cap space to pick up a star (maybe Nash) then they dont have the tools to win. Only the tools to maybe make the playoffs. So if they got no extra bank why not trade Iggy (and kipper too). They could start one hell of a rebuild with what they can get for these guys, not to mention these 2 are both deserving of a deep playoff run and possibly a cup.
Even if your iggy and want to stay in Calgary is their not a part of you then wants to accept a trade to a more talented team so Calgary can improve and you can hold up Lord Stanley before retirement?
Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 10:37:48
Wow, calm down clatts, i offered up my opinion, and now you wanna bring the Canucks and the city of Vancouver, and it's buildings, into this? Sounds like a "my city's better than your city" type of argument. Sorry, but that's a little too childish for me.
Clatts Posted - 03/18/2012 : 05:09:28
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

I disagree

Don Cherry on Visors

Sorry, but you can't. It's my opinion IF i were a Flames fan, which obviously i'm not!

I can disagree with your opinion

BTW IF I were a Canuck fan i'd throw myself of off....umm...s*** does Vancouver even have any iconic building for me to throw myself of off...

Don Cherry on Visors
Guest6155 Posted - 03/18/2012 : 03:30:18
quote:

quote:

I disagree

Don Cherry on Visors

Sorry, but you can't. It's my opinion IF i were a Flames fan, which obviously i'm not!

Uhmm... if it's not your opinion or based on facts, why should I care about this phantom Flames fan's opinion?

As a "real" Flames fan, I would not trade Iggy or Kipper.

BTW, Sven's looking good too.
Alex116 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 20:28:28
quote:

I disagree

Don Cherry on Visors

Clatts Posted - 03/17/2012 : 19:29:07
I disagree

Don Cherry on Visors
Alex116 Posted - 03/17/2012 : 19:00:27
Clatts, i think you completely misunderstood what i meant. I was trying to say that IF i were a Flames fan, i'd prefer that they trade him while they can get a significant return. I would rather they rebuild that try to sneak in and get clobbered or knocked out in round 2. That was why i referenced what managment might prefer? I personally, again, IF i were a Flames fan, would prefer they write off the next season or 3 and rebuild, starting with assets gained from trading both Iggy and Kipper!
Clatts Posted - 03/17/2012 : 16:20:29
quote:

quote:

Why does everyone always say the flames should trade Iggy? It makes no sense to me whatsoever

Don Cherry on Visors

Well, i'll tell you this much, if i were a Flames fan, i'd prefer they trade him. Although Calgary has been close the last couple years (and this year), they've been close to 8th only. Sure, a couple 8 seeds have gone a long way, but it's few and far between we see this. Maybe win a round or even 2, but to get to the end is very tough on an 8 seed! I'd prefer (if i were a Flames fan) to get some value for him from a playoff bound team before his value diminishes! I'm guessing management would like to get into the playoffs regardless of the seed and try to make a round or two, giving them between 2 and 7 home playoff gates???

So you think they would make the playoffs if they got rid of a 30-40 goal scorer, who is one of the if not the best leader in the league? I don't get it. There best chance of making the playoffs will be with Iginla, who cares about getting young talent when you have a fairly old team? Especially when Flames young guys have proven to be pretty good.

Don Cherry on Visors
Alex116 Posted - 03/16/2012 : 20:56:21
quote:

Why does everyone always say the flames should trade Iggy? It makes no sense to me whatsoever

Don Cherry on Visors

Well, i'll tell you this much, if i were a Flames fan, i'd prefer they trade him. Although Calgary has been close the last couple years (and this year), they've been close to 8th only. Sure, a couple 8 seeds have gone a long way, but it's few and far between we see this. Maybe win a round or even 2, but to get to the end is very tough on an 8 seed! I'd prefer (if i were a Flames fan) to get some value for him from a playoff bound team before his value diminishes! I'm guessing management would like to get into the playoffs regardless of the seed and try to make a round or two, giving them between 2 and 7 home playoff gates???
Clatts Posted - 03/16/2012 : 19:12:20

Don Cherry on Visors
Guest8875 Posted - 03/16/2012 : 10:44:04
Saw him on TSN, He fell and than got up but the interesting part is he got up quicker than he fell, nice hustle! Maybe they should trade Iginla in the off season to get some young hype to go along with him.
Guest5091 Posted - 03/16/2012 : 06:36:30
Don't know all of next year's rookies obviously, but I expect that Silfverberg might give him some competition...

Just won MVP of the swedish elite league as a 21 year old. 2nd overall in points, best points-per-game in the league and captain of his team, which is impressive considering there's no age restrictions in that league. He's already playing against men instead of beating up on boys :)
Clatts Posted - 03/15/2012 : 17:36:35
Its just exciting to see a Flames rookie do good out of the gate

Don Cherry on Visors
leigh Posted - 03/15/2012 : 16:57:28
Hey Clatts. I've been quite impressed with his play. He plays with a ton of heart and you gotta love his enthusiasm. Question is, can he keep it up if he were to continue playing? Players often come into the bigs and play well for a few games and then they taper off. So far so good though - great speed on that kid!
Clatts Posted - 03/15/2012 : 15:00:55
2 Goals in 3 NHL games, good start. It's too bad they have to send him down once Jackman is ready to go. Calder Trophy next year?

Don Cherry on Visors

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page