Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Central Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Nashville
 Radulov - KHL or NHL in 2012/13?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leigh Posted - 03/21/2012 : 14:13:39
Will Alexander Radulov of the Nashville Predators play in the NHL or the KHL next season?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lee Marshall Posted - 03/28/2012 : 09:47:11
He said it himself. The NHL isa the best league with the best players. He wants to be in THAT equation. So...the NHL it is...and will be.

Who the cap fits...Let them wear it.
Leafs81 Posted - 03/25/2012 : 16:22:43
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

Alex, if it were intentional, how could any league allow that without punishment? Like I said, I'm sure there is more to the incident, including post game events, that we don't know about. How could he possibly not get a suspension if he intentionally hit one of the coaching staff with his stick, I think he should have been punsihed regardless, just not nearly as severe if it were intentional.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux

I can honestly say, i don't know! I have no idea just how the league works over there, but if it was intentional, i'd like to think we'd have heard a little more about it. It seems more like they swept it under the rug than it does an accident. I could be wrong, but either way, i'm shocked more wasn't reported about it!

It'll be interesting to see Radulov's answer when a North American reporter asks about the incident! I'm sure it's gotta happen!

Yeah like when he's gonna play in Toronto for the Stanley Cup final... oh wait a minute
Alex116 Posted - 03/23/2012 : 15:05:11
quote:
Originally posted by Shepsky

Alex, if it were intentional, how could any league allow that without punishment? Like I said, I'm sure there is more to the incident, including post game events, that we don't know about. How could he possibly not get a suspension if he intentionally hit one of the coaching staff with his stick, I think he should have been punsihed regardless, just not nearly as severe if it were intentional.

-Mario Lemieux

I can honestly say, i don't know! I have no idea just how the league works over there, but if it was intentional, i'd like to think we'd have heard a little more about it. It seems more like they swept it under the rug than it does an accident. I could be wrong, but either way, i'm shocked more wasn't reported about it!

It'll be interesting to see Radulov's answer when a North American reporter asks about the incident! I'm sure it's gotta happen!
Shepsky Posted - 03/23/2012 : 13:02:04

-Mario Lemieux
Beans15 Posted - 03/23/2012 : 09:04:38
I think it will come down to two things: money and NHL players in the Olympics.

Radulov knows he can make heaps and heaps of money in the KHL. He also has an ego the size of Texas. Being the biggest fish in the smaller pond will likely feed that ego moreso than being a decent sized fish in the largest pond.

Also, Radulov is a patriot. If the CBA does not allow NHL players to play in the Olympics, he will go back. The Olympics in Russia are bigger than what anyone in North America appreciates. This is the biggest and the baddest cold climate country not named Canada(bias alert) and this will be the first Winter Olympics held in the country.

If the CBA does not allow NHL players in the Olympics, Radulov will not be the only NHL player heading overseas to play, at least during the 2014 season.
Guest6002 Posted - 03/23/2012 : 09:00:13
I think Radulov is here to stay he has led the KHL in scoring the last 2 years and was MVP at least once and won the championship there. He is considered one of the best in the world not playing in the NHL and I think he realizes to become a greater hockey player he needs to do it in the toughest league in the world. With his ego i'm sure he has a desire to prove he can be just as good in the NHL. It will be interesting to see at the end of the year though if he does stay with Nashville or ends up going to another team; regardless, he will make the preds better in their run to the cup.
Alex116 Posted - 03/23/2012 : 08:05:33
Shepsky.....are you on crack??? (i say this in jest )

Even if that were an accident and he just meant to slam the boards, don't you think a bit more of an apology was in order than just a small hand gesture??? I sure as hell do!

IF, anything more was reported in Russia, i'm sure we'd have caught wind of it. I'm still shocked the more i think about this incident!
Shepsky Posted - 03/23/2012 : 05:41:52
I think we really aren't seeing getting the whole issue on the stick hitting issue, the only clip i've ever seen is a very short clip, I'm sure russian news coverage got a little more of the story, as discussed in the forum when the incident happened, it does look like he didn't intend to hit the goaltending coach (that's who he hit, not the head coach) in reality was probably getting harassed by a fan behind the bench, it was a very poor way to react to the situation regardless. If it was intentional, he shouldn't be allowed to play, but after watching it a few times, I don't think it was as bad as everyone, including myself thought it was at first. I think this guy definitely has the talent to stay here in the NHL, but who knows, only time will tell I guess.

-Mario Lemieux
Alex116 Posted - 03/22/2012 : 15:25:17
I still find it hard to believe that the stick to the coach incident wasn't discussed more globally than it was! I'm still blown away when i see it on video....
Statman Posted - 03/22/2012 : 13:32:27
quote:
Lets not hold him at a higher standard then we would overselves, to say he has major issues, I myself would leave my job to make considerably more else where
But would you crack your coach in the head with your stick on the bench? MAJOR issues.
nuxfan Posted - 03/22/2012 : 13:25:32
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

i heard somewhere if he doesn't fulfil the last year of his contract the KHL expects him to pay some fraction of it like 2/3rds or half...
however you have to think he's seen the contracts being given out in the nhl now and thinks he can get at least what he was getting in russia if not much more. i guess what i'm trying to say is i don't think he is going back anytime soon.

hitting his coach earlier in the year, now leaving with 1 year left on his contract... he's a good player but he seems to have some major issues seeing as how he's left two contracts now unfulfilled.

66 is > than 99

I think that will depend on how he plays in the NHL... What if he is simply average in his return, or worse?
Alex116 Posted - 03/22/2012 : 13:08:07
I'd love to see the result of him whacking Trotz like he did his Russian coach!
Guest8828 Posted - 03/22/2012 : 12:23:51
quote:

he's a good player but he seems to have some major issues seeing as how he's left two contracts now unfulfilled.

66 is > than 99

Lets not hold him at a higher standard then we would overselves, to say he has major issues, I myself would leave my job to make considerably more else where
@valanche Posted - 03/22/2012 : 08:50:46
i heard somewhere if he doesn't fulfil the last year of his contract the KHL expects him to pay some fraction of it like 2/3rds or half...
however you have to think he's seen the contracts being given out in the nhl now and thinks he can get at least what he was getting in russia if not much more. i guess what i'm trying to say is i don't think he is going back anytime soon.

hitting his coach earlier in the year, now leaving with 1 year left on his contract... he's a good player but he seems to have some major issues seeing as how he's left two contracts now unfulfilled.

66 is > than 99
nuxfan Posted - 03/22/2012 : 07:20:39
quote:

how much is he making in the KHL the past couple years and next year?

66 is > than 99

5M per year, tax free as is the Russian way... His team has him under contract for same next season
@valanche Posted - 03/22/2012 : 06:23:55
how much is he making in the KHL the past couple years and next year?

66 is > than 99
semin-rules Posted - 03/21/2012 : 20:28:41
And maybe depending on how physically different for him to adjust in the NHL he may just want to make a little less but play in a league he can play well in
Clatts Posted - 03/21/2012 : 19:22:10
Or if any other team puts in a big offersheet

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
nuxfan Posted - 03/21/2012 : 17:18:11
I think it depends on the contract offer - if NSH offers him some significant fraction of what he could make in the KHL, say 1/2 or 2/3, then he'll stay in the NHL. Radulov is all about the money.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page