|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 03/21/2012 : 17:33:10
The playoff pool manager system will be available on March 27th (afternoon).
You've been talking and we've been listening so look for a number of new features and SYSTEM UPGRADES!
1) Bonus Points - the pool administrator can now add 'bonus points' to pool teams on the fly. So for example if you win the first round of the playoffs your admin can assign points to your team. The points will be listed in your pool team as if they were a player. Of course there will be a running log for all your poolies to see. This can also let you manually carry over points from previous seasons if you are running a keeper pool!
2) Player Stats Report View - We have a number of upgrades here:
a) Head to Head player reports - In the NHL Player Stats Report you can now see how NHL players stack up against each other. You will be able to compare up to 5 players head to head. You can even compare them historically!
b) Pool Points in Reports - Now when you are looking at the the NHL Player Stats Report you will see a new column that shows how many points each player would have based on the points configuration of your pool. No more guessing!
c) Sort by All Forwards - I'm not sure how we missed this one but we did...you can now sort the players by ALL FORWARDS in the NHL Player Stats Report.
d) Draft Popularity % - In the NHL Player Stats Report you will be able to see how popular a player is on all of PickupHockey.com. A new column will show the percentage of pool teams across the entire website that have drafted that player. Know who's hot and who's not!
e) Archiving of old players - In the NHL Player Stats Report we have at long last removed legacy data (past players that are not currently playing). They will still show up in the past seasons that they played, but will no longer clutter the current reports. Now only players that have played a game in that season will appear in the reports!
3) Expand All - Now when viewing your pool you can expand up to 50 pool teams. We have doubled the capacity from 25 pool teams last season. The expand all feature is not available on pools with more than 50 pool teams.
4) Another Custom Scoring Category - The pool admin can now set up 2 custom scoring categories for special cases like 'Rookies', 'Russians', 'Dark Horses' etc. This is up from a single custom category last season (look for even more in the upcoming regular season!)
5) Tomorrow's Game Schedule - On the home page in addition to yesterday's and today's games you can now see tomorrow's action. As always you can continue go to the Box Scores section and see the entire year's game schedule!
6) System management upgrades - In addition to the great features listed above for our users, we have done a number of maintenance upgrades for ourselves including; a new 'injuries maintenance' system to help us keep the injuries more up to date; and more, too numerous (and boring for you) to mention here.
We hope you enjoy the upgrades and feel free to email us with comments once the playoffs start to give us feedback. We always welcome feedback from our members so that we can continue to improve the system.
Thanks again and good luck with the remainder of the regular season! See you again in the playoffs!
|4 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 03/26/2012 : 17:41:33
Cool changes...what about players salaries, team salary cap ?
that would be nice !
||Posted - 03/23/2012 : 14:29:04
||Posted - 03/21/2012 : 21:12:43
Oh sure Slozo, now Bieksa's a "plugger" huh?
Never heard of extra points for OT goals per OT period. Cool idea!
Admin.....The changes sound great! Keep up the good work!
||Posted - 03/21/2012 : 20:31:04
an I just say how awesome you guys are, and how proud I am to be a mod for you guys? This is why I do it guys . . . a free site, and they constantly add things. And, last year, don't think I forgot about you including my request about taking the top number of players from a larger group . . . it was HUGE for my pool, and now I have no extra work because of it.
My request - and take it with the grain of salt I just gave you in compliments, so no biggie if not possible - is the way I like to assign playoff OT goals as getting extra points per OT period.
Other than the "special category" where the admin can just add points (basically good enough for my scenario), any way to add an extra point per period for each OT goal?
Eg. my pool, a regulation even strength goal is 2 points. +1 for 1st OT period goal (3 pts), 4pts if it's in 2OT, 5 for the 3rd OT, and so on. Just a nice little boost for that one 3rd period OT goal by a plugger who got you zero points so far, because of course, that's what usually happens! (I believe Bieksa may have been my guys last year, from memory)
Anyways, no matter what - thanks again. Can't say it enough, great job all around.
"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug